Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

I've had a headache since noon yesterday, all throughout the night, no better this morning :( bleargh! I'm hoping it's just the tension of finally finishing work releasing, my BP was fine at the doc's checkup on Friday ... but, I'll keep an eye on it, and will ring the hospital if it doesn't get better once I've gotten some food + paracetamol into me...

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Grarf, look after yourself pet, a headache for that length of time can't be good. Are you seeing spots or blurred vision? Ring the hospital if you are, just to be safe. Hopefully the paracetamol has done the trick though.

Oh gawd, can't believe we're nearly there. I can't WAIT to get my body back. :)

food + paracetamol seem to have indeed done the trick, feeling much much better :) didn't sleep half the night, I was half expecting my waters to go or something to happen anyway... thankfully all good here, now.

yeah very nearly there, the last few weeks are a bit of a slog, aren't they ... been lucky with stretchmarks so far, but now my 'lovehandles' (that bit of fat above the hips, at the side of the torso) are destroyed with them. And they're appearing underneath my bellybutton, noooo :p

Glad to hear you're feeling better, we have to be so careful with everything these days! Bring on the rare steak and brie... :)

Apparently I'm "f*cking tiny" to quote someone remarking on my tummy recently, but as a result I have virtually zero stretch marks. The hyperemesis no doubt had a hand in that too! Small mercies :) Still though, the sooner this baby is out, the happier I'll be. I feel like I've been pregnant forever at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

36 weeks today and baby is measuring 8lb. Have never got to week 37 so here is hoping. Don't fancy pushing out a whopper.

• Advertisement

Had a sweep today, not the most pleasant experience but not as bad as I expected either. Apparently I have a high pain threshold but I reckon they say that to everyone :)
    If the sweep doesn't take, I'm being induced on Thursday! EEEK!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Had a sweep today, not the most pleasant experience but not as bad as I expected either. Apparently I have a high pain threshold but I reckon they say that to everyone :)
    If the sweep doesn't take, I'm being induced on Thursday! EEEK!!!

Don't forget to let us know and keep us in suspense! Good luck

No news yet iPearly, the only thing the sweep triggered was a horrendous bout of hyperemesis. Yesterday evening was not pleasant :(
    Lots of period like cramps too and I'm getting some tinged discharge (sorry tmi!) so I could be losing my plug, but otherwise baba is very comfy for herself.
    So far so good today with the ms but I can feel it's not very far away. :( Can't wait to be done with all the vomiting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

3 weeks to go....woohooo
    Sorted out baby clothes for hospital bag but still haven`t gotten around to my own bits yet. God I could stare at the little vests and babygros all day!!

Anyone getting hungry in the middle of the night - I nearly have to eat twice maybe an hour apart just before i go to bed or ill be waking up starved about 3/4am....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Hi All,

Thanks for the good wishes last week (and lmullen sorry your baby has turned breech too!), but holy cow what drama has happened....

Went in on Monday for clinic, mentioned my eyesight had deteriorated in the previous week, and well it turns out I basically had a stroke in my right eye :(

It is so rare in someone my age that they admitted me straight away and I spent the week having MRIs, ECGs, having my heart monitored, millions of blood tests. They released me on Monday and are still, well, puzzled..... Some of the tests are ongoing, but I think they have ruled out the most scary causes and it is unlikely I'll lose the sight in the other eye. Bloody hell though, scary week. Everytime I woke up I wasn't sure if I'd still be able to see. Have calmed down a bit now though :o

The result of it all anyway is they wont attempt to turn the baby in case another clot heads to my eyes so they have booked me in for a section on the 4th. There goes my plan for a natural birth :(

But you know - it's all good. The baby is fine, I can still see and will get used to the sight loss, and I can still drive, and I can get my hair blowdried before I go in so it will be nice and manageable for the first few days after the birth :D

I can't believe it's all getting so close - Pat this thursday maybe!!! It's going to be so exciting watching all our babies arrive!

Now, I really must pack that bag......:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Banbhaaifric, that's all a bit scary! I hope you're feeling ok? Is your other half still away or did he manage to get time off?
    Make sure you get plenty of rest now before baby arrives! Good luck with it all!

It's crazy to think that we are all going to start meeting our babies very soon! This pregnancy has seemed so much longer than my last (probably because I was 10 weeks gone when I found out last time!)

Good luck Pat!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Wow Banbhaaifric what a week!!!!! Glad things are ok. Hope you are resting and looking after yourself (sorry I'm sure you are prob sick of people saying that!) 4th Sept, thats so exciting and great to have a definite date :)

Good Luck today Pat, I hope all is well :)

Lmullen, I am the opposite of you, I think my pregnancy has flown by, I cannot believe how quick it has been. Trying to wrap my head around the fact that I will be a mam very soon, seems so unreal still.

Myself and hubby had a super busy weekend getting everything ready for the imminent arrival, now its just a waiting game. 37 weeks tomorrow and baby is receiving it's eviction notice lol. It's pineapples, curries, long walks, bouncy balls, car journeys on bumpy roads (my uncle swears by this one lol) and anything else ;) to encourage our ginger nut to come along from now on! Also the local Italian is gaining a reputation for kick starting labour (weird I know) but 3 womens waters have broken whilst out for a meal there in the last month - I think I may be frequenting :) I'm so ready not to be pregnant any more and really excited to meet our baby.

Fri.Day wrote: »
    God I could stare at the little vests and babygros all day!!

I originally thought that but as my due date looms they are suddenly looking ENORMOUS :eek:!!!!! Am I the only one?

Had a check up in the hospital today and baby is still breach!! BP is starting to creep up too!

Pat McGhee I hope things are moving long for you now! You'll have your baby in no time!

Look after yourselves ladies- not long to go!!!

lmullen wrote: »
    Had a check up in the hospital today and baby is still breach!! BP is starting to creep up too!

Thats a shame lmullen - have they told you what the plan is? They might try a version to turn it in the next week maybe?

If not I've been finding out info on how to have a caesarean with some elements of a natural birth in it so I'll let you know what they say about it in the hospital. It is to do with requesting that they put the ecg dots off to the side so they can put the baby skin to skin after it's born and things like that. I never thought of writing a c-section plan, but I've seen some nice ones online so I can post the link.

Hopefully that naughty baby turns anyway!!!

And I'm on tenterhooks wondering what's going on with Pat! :P

Pat probably had her baby and forgot all about us anxious ones over here. Hope things went smoothly for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joasia1973

Hi Ladies. I do not write oftet here but still waiting here , too. 38 weeks and 4 days. I cant wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Oh Ladies. Can't believe the time is coming. A word of warning for those who'll have a section. 5 weeks after all seemed healed snd well. I must have overdone it and it swolle up again. Slowly the swelling is going down again but defo have to take it easy.
    I'dd be facing induction now. Pat, hope all went well.
    The boys are doing great and I'm getting used to only sleeping max 2hours at a time as I'm breastfeeding both. However, seeing how well they are doing makes it all eorth while. Think we'll have a little celebration on their 0 day. The actual due daye(also my birthday). I'm so proud of my boys. Actually, I'm so proud of my family of five. We are sll so lucky aren't we.
    I hope all goes well for you ladies and your babirs and family.x

happydayz8 wrote: »
    Oh Ladies. Can't believe the time is coming. A word of warning for those who'll have a section. 5 weeks after all seemed healed snd well. I must have overdone it and it swolle up again. Slowly the swelling is going down again but defo have to take it easy.
    I'dd be facing induction now. Pat, hope all went well.
    The boys are doing great and I'm getting used to only sleeping max 2hours at a time as I'm breastfeeding both. However, seeing how well they are doing makes it all eorth while. Think we'll have a little celebration on their 0 day. The actual due daye(also my birthday). I'm so proud of my boys. Actually, I'm so proud of my family of five. We are sll so lucky aren't we.
    I hope all goes well for you ladies and your babirs and family.x

Great to hear you and your boys are doing well!!!! :)

Thats a shame lmullen - have they told you what the plan is? They might try a version to turn it in the next week maybe?

If not I've been finding out info on how to have a caesarean with some elements of a natural birth in it so I'll let you know what they say about it in the hospital. It is to do with requesting that they put the ecg dots off to the side so they can put the baby skin to skin after it's born and things like that. I never thought of writing a c-section plan, but I've seen some nice ones online so I can post the link.

Hopefully that naughty baby turns anyway!!!

And I'm on tenterhooks wondering what's going on with Pat! :P

There's no plan as yet - hoping baby will turn by next appointment which is at 37+4weeks! I'm convinced he/she somersaults on a regular basis as some of the movement is bordering on violent!
    I must look into skin to skin etc after a section though. I passed out after my daughter was born and didn't have her skin to skin for very long as a result she was slow to breastfeed!

I'm sure Pat is too busy being a new mum to even think about us lot - fingers crossed all went well for her!

Happydayz glad to hear your boys are doing well. It's amazing how your body can adjust to surviving on 2 hour naps! I hope the section scar heals up soon for you.

• Advertisement

The stretch marks underneath my bellybutton are SO itchy!! ;( unreal, i could scratch myself bloody. A cold cloth seems to help. Gotta pay a visit to a pharmacy tomorrow....

So very nearly there girls! :)

Hey ladies! Baby Isabella was born at 9.32am yesterday, just shy of 5lbs and without doubt is the most gorgeous bundle I've ever laid eyes on :) Both of us are doing just fine. Labour was 13.5hrs from gel to baby, I cannot recommend the epidural highly enough :)
    I'll post more details when I get home on Monday as my laptop is there, (phone sucks for posting) but needless to say, there are exciting times ahead for you all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

congrats pat great news :D
    it all getting a bit real now!

Congratulations Pat!

Congratulations Pat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Congratulations Pat. Well done. Hope you are recovering well.

Happy birthday Baby Isabella and congratulations to you Pat.

Woo Hoo Pat!!! Congratulations to you and welcome to the world Isabella :D

And goodbye hyperemesis too:P

2 of my cousins have had their babies this weekend (there are 5 of us expecting aug/sept babies) Starting to get impatient now, really want to meet out little one

• Advertisement

Hmm
    been getting period-pain like cramps, every 15/20 minutes or so, since early this morning. :eek: keeping an eye on it for the moment, could this be it?

Advertisement