Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers inside!** Pokemon X and Pokemon Y - October 2013! :D

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

I wonder if Boards could play host to the first entirely text based battle between MegaBlastoise and MegaCharizard :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

That doesn't seem very useful to be honest. Unless blastoise learns some new mega pulse move.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Angron wrote: »
    MegaBlastoise gets an ability called Mega Launcher, it boosts pulse moves, so moves like Water Pulse.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mega_Launcher_%28Ability%29

Bit useless if it only works for two moves. Water Pulse isnt that great to begin with. Personally, I wouldnt have it at all once I reached the higher levels. Hopefully there are new moves introduced or it works on all water attacks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Bit useless if it only works for two moves. Water Pulse isnt that great to begin with. Personally, I wouldnt have it at all once I reached the higher levels. Hopefully there are new moves introduced or it works on all water attacks.
    I'm fairly sure they'll introduce some more moves that it'll work for. Also, even though they don't list it there, surely it'd work for a move like Dragon pulse as well. It'd seem a little overpowered if it boosted every water attack though (to me anyway).

I'm fairly sure they'll introduce some more moves that it'll work for. Also, even though they don't list it there, surely it'd work for a move like Dragon pulse as well. It'd seem a little overpowered if it boosted every water attack though (to me anyway).

Doubt many Pokemon will have it as an ability. Mega-Charizard gets Drought which I think boosts all fire attacks so it would be fair in that regard. Groudon is the only other Pokemon with Drought as their main ability.

Instead of Hydro Pump, Water Spout if it can be hit first. 150 damage with full HP. If Mega Launcher was for all water attacks, Charizard would be relying on his speed stat to survive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

cloud493 wrote: »
    X+Y 3DS hardware released in UK/US on 27th september.

582040_513767152042910_399020252_n.jpg

Do we know yet what stores will have the special edition 3ds's and how much they cost. Dont have one at the moment so may as well get the special edition if its not too much more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MartinTWD_

wobbles wrote: »
    Do we know yet what stores will have the special edition 3ds's and how much they cost. Dont have one at the moment so may as well get the special edition if its not too much more expensive.

Gamestop will be selling them. no word yet on the prices.

Corocoro's out today, so spoilers galore :D

Starters Evolutions.

J4Tnddr.jpg?1

Mega Garchomp.

YvnTDWa.jpg?1

Mega Mewtwo X.

oyuysLU.jpg
    It lists two fossil Pokémon, Chigorasu which is Rock/Dragon T-Rex which has a new ability 'Hard Jaw' that increases attack power of biting moves and knows Crunch, and Amarusu which is Rock/Ice Diplodocus which has a new ability called Freeze Skin which turns Normal type moves into Ice-type moves and raises their power. It knows Aurora Beam
    There is a white dog called Torimian, which is the Pokémon from the Pokémon Direct and is a Normal-type It has a new ability called Fure Coat which reduces Physical Damage. You can also customise its appearance
    Finally, the Psychic-type cat called Nyaonikusu, which has male and female appearances. Male is on the right, Female is on the left in the third picture below. movepool varies by gender. The male is more of a supporter while the female is more of an attacker with, female Nyaonikusu knowing Extrasensory and male knowing Miracle Eye. It has Keen Eye or Infiltrator

GitjLGq.jpg?1

I'm not digging those starter evos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Chespin's evolution looks atrocious.

Ain't really feeling Mega Mewtwo X either. As much as I'm against the concept of giving Mewtwo a mega evolution at all, Mega Mewtwo Y is a much sleeker design.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well I'm certain of one thing. That T-Rex looking chap is going to be part of my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

Other than Frokkie's evo I'm not mad about the new starters evolution's so far. As for Mega Mewtwo X I think it looks pretty bad ass. At least he doesn't have a handle for a head!

But what everyone seems to have missed is that Flabébé, the new flower fairy 'mon, can be see in the bottom right hand corner of the last scan. It looks like it has two other forms from what I can make out. Each of the Flabébé is on a red, blue or yellow flower. Could be a region thing like pink and blue Shellos perhaps?

This reminded me why I gave up expecting the evolutions to look good. They are usually designed to be cute now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

the dog looks like its been fused with giraffirig and shinx in two of those pics

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Imagine if the Fennekin final form was another Fire/Figthing :P

I'm pretty sure the screens had a mention of it having some sort of a psychic move, possibly psywave or psybeam, so it's not looking like it'll be another part fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm pretty sure the screens had a mention of it having some sort of a psychic move, possibly psywave or psybeam, so it's not looking like it'll be another part fighting.

I have heard of the Fire/Psychic, Water/Dark and Grass/Fighting final evolutions, Vulpix has Psychic moves so it doesn't auto mean it's going to be Psychic though :P

So Fairy is officially immune to Dragon attacks. Super effective to Dragon, Fighting and Dark, weak vs Poison and Steel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

That Frog looks almost as smug as Snivy. Like the gender specific move set a lot.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I have heard of the Fire/Psychic, Water/Dark and Grass/Fighting final evolutions, Vulpix has Psychic moves so it doesn't auto mean it's going to be Psychic though :P
    It only learns one damaging move that a fair few other fire types can learn though, Extrasensory. Fennekin's family learning a move like Psyshock by learning up does suggest that it'll be part psychic. It's not a guarantee, certainly, it just looks like it'll head that way to me.

I thought if Fairy was going to interact with fighting, it'd be fighting super-effective. I'd just imagine a fist could hammer a pixie :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Only just learned about the chance to get Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle.

Has it been revealed how late in the game this will happen?

Only just learned about the chance to get Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle.

Has it been revealed how late in the game this will happen?
    You get it at the start I believe. You get one of the new starters from your friend in the game, and the Kanto starter from the region's professor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I have heard of the Fire/Psychic, Water/Dark and Grass/Fighting final evolutions

Other way around: Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting, Grass/Dark. This gives the trio the ability to be super-effective against each other thanks to the dual-typings.

Litleo's Evolution, Pyroar.

BT7wczsIMAAZOZQ.jpg

a3eYPlj.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Does he get a mega evo where you cover him in sprinkles and stick a flake in him?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Pyro-ar? So, we have a Pokémon that goes W+M1?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Pyro-ar? So, we have a Pokémon that goes W+M1?

I read it as Py-Roar :P

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

Can't get a still of it, but Pyroar has a female form too shown in the new promo video released today. Not too mad about it myself, but still looks pretty decent. Its about 50 seconds in.

Here's the female Pyroar.

R0NM12B.jpg

The one feature I'm looking forward to the most is the trainer customization. :)

• Advertisement

They are really going heavily with gender differences and customisation this gen it seems.

Advertisement