Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers inside!** Pokemon X and Pokemon Y - October 2013! :D

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

crap, you're right, I forgot the dogs n birds. And for some reason I thought the Regis were from gen 4... In my defense I'm fairly old and those games were a long time ago! Also, they put the over-the-counter Legends behind a bunch of harder to find non-legends in the pokedex :)

So it's even worse than I thought! About 7% legends... jaysus.
    To put that into perspective, to become 7% legend yourself you would have to drink about 533 of Bono's ejaculations. No one wants to do that. 7% legend is too much, Gamefreak!

Interesting side note, if you type "Average volume" into Google the first auto-complete option is "...of ejaculate" - the internet is sick! Either that or Google knows exactly what I'm thinking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Banjo wrote: »
    crap, you're right, I forgot the dogs n birds. And for some reason I thought the Regis were from gen 4... In my defense I'm fairly old and those games were a long time ago! Also, they put the over-the-counter Legends behind a bunch of harder to find non-legends in the pokedex :)

So it's even worse than I thought! About 7% legends... jaysus.
    To put that into perspective, to become 7% legend yourself you would have to drink about 533 of Bono's ejaculations. No one wants to do that. 7% legend is too much, Gamefreak!

Interesting side note, if you type "Average volume" into Google the first auto-complete option is "...of ejaculate" - the internet is sick! Either that or Google knows exactly what I'm thinking :D

yeah but it's 7%....how many people actually have every legend and every game?? For most people it could be oh look a pokemon.....oooooh I've only 1 chance to catch this pokemon??? rare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

alot of people are cloning pokemon and restarting old games, just to get more of those legends. Which means that even number wise they're 7%..there's ALOT out there and they're easy to get. S:

most of the legends were given away via wifi events between black and white 1 & 2, the radar game on 3ds and the dreamworld. some more than once. They didnt even require a bit of work, 50 ultra balls and a bit of luck to get :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Ad to the fact that some of the legends from wifi events could have different natures, people (like me) got all of those natures so one of my games has 25 jirachi's.

Hardest catch and must satisfying because of it was Mewtwo in FireRed. Had to keep him asleep so he wouldnt struggle and faint himself. Had to restart loads of times as he fainted so many times

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

wobbles wrote: »
    Ad to the fact that some of the legends from wifi events could have different natures, people (like me) got all of those natures so one of my games has 25 jirachi's.

Hardest catch and must satisfying because of it was Mewtwo in FireRed. Had to keep him asleep so he wouldnt struggle and faint himself. Had to restart loads of times as he fainted so many times

Thats what you save the masterball for :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I always save the Master ball for the roaming legendaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

I think ive only ever use a masterball on one of the roaming pokemon or a shiny that can flee/self destruct. I never use it on a static legend as there is no need to waste it. I always keep it...........just in case.

anyone got a time machine i could borrow :( GAME OF THE DECADE RIGHT HERE FOLKS

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

cloud493 wrote: »
    They want the previous generation to connect to the newest generation.

A - We are thinking of something. The DS and 3DS can't communicate, but we are working on it.

I don't think that quote supports that interpretation very well. My first instinct would be to think it means "we are working on [some alternative]". Did somewhere else report that's what they meant?

As regards importing Pokémon, I'd much prefer a way to do it with just one console. E.g. for download version it just reads them straight off the Gen V game; for physical game there could be a small (free) downloadable utility that helps you copy from Gen V » 3DS console » Gen VI

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'd actually wouldn't mind if they decided not to allow you to transfer your old pokemon over. I think with it being a new console, lots of new pokemon an ideas it'd be good to have a sort of fresh start. As long as all the pokemon are obtainable on X or Y of course, either via wi-fi, dream world or version exclusives.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'd actually wouldn't mind if they decided not to allow you to transfer your old pokemon over. I think with it being a new console, lots of new pokemon an ideas it'd be good to have a sort of fresh start. As long as all the pokemon are obtainable on X or Y of course, either via wi-fi, dream world or version exclusives.

Their will be in excess of 700. Thats way too many to have to get with just the one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

Don't see them doing that. Way too many as mentioned.

Also, the only time they didn't have cross-gen transfer was II-III and that was because of technical restrictions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The last E3 trailer nothing groundbraking but I meant to post it earlier.

Monorplane: a steel/ghost type.....its a fúcking sword whatever they say.

xypoke1th.jpg

xypoke2th.jpg

Here are the Japanese 3DS XLs(the gold one is exclusive to a pokemon shop there so expect us to get the blue one).

xy1th.jpg

xy2th.jpg

Not a lot in the trailer but said i`d post it anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

By hook or by crook I'm getting that gold 3DS!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I like the blue one, but still, I'm happy with my Pikachu :D

By hook or by crook I'm getting that gold 3DS!

it's only being released in japan pokemon centers. Means it'll only play jap games s:.

Blue one may come out here, talks about it coming out in canada,

Oh I know that but it'll be a nice reason to build a Japanese 3DS library!

Sounds expensive XD ... it'll probably go for a premium too S:

• Advertisement

Oh I know that but it'll be a nice reason to build a Japanese 3DS library!

Or a great reason to break out your TriWing and gently shove your filthy Euro guts into that beautiful Japanese body, like something out of Tetsuo : Bodyhammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I've spent the last two hours trying to decide on what to call my Fennekin. Life is so HARD sometimes.

I've spent the last two hours trying to decide on what to call my Fennekin. Life is so HARD sometimes.

I usually just pick the first thing that comes to my mind! That or whatever happens to be in arms reach so for example it could be called Lucozade if I happen to be drinking Lucozade at the time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Giving names is laaaaaaame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Anyone who doesn't immediately call their Fennekin Mozilla or Firefox is dead to me.

DEAD TO ME!!!

Urizen wrote: »
    Anyone who doesn't immediately call their Fennekin Mozilla or Firefox is dead to me.

DEAD TO ME!!!

I'm going to name mine internet explorer now for the craic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Internet explorer used fire spin.....It had no effect.

Sounds about right!

I'm going to name mine internet explorer now for the craic :pac:
    You fiend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Internet explorer is frozen! Internet explorer is paralyzed, it may be unable to move! etc.

Advertisement