Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers inside!** Pokemon X and Pokemon Y - October 2013! :D

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Banjo wrote: »
    That's a deliberate move, I'll bet, to drive up eShop sales - you can't get your pre-order till the Monday.... Swines!

:eek:

BÁSTARDS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

It's actually due to Japan. Any massively popular game there ({Pokemon, Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter, etc.) has to be released on a Saturday because the country basically goes into shutdown since so many people skip work and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Canada has released some copies of the game :eek:

SO MANY SPOILERS WILL BE RELEASED SO SOON.

Berries, sleeping snorlax, rollerblades have been confirmed

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Sigh, different forms based on whether you buy X or Y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Nintendo are shutting the leaks down :mad: ah well, not long now.

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    Nintendo are shutting the leaks down :mad: ah well, not long now.

A few leaks are fake, seriously who does that?

Blue MEGA-Charizard is a bit urk....

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

Just looking at Mewtwo X and Charaziard X and comparing them to their Y counter parts makes me feel like X's mega evolutions are gonna be more physical attack based and Y more special.

What do we think?

I`ll be getting the Red one anyway. :D:D:D

Two new Pokemon:

Slurpuff:

slurpuff.png

Aromatisse:

aromatisse.png

BVsZaiwIAAA8CSp.jpg

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

...............wow.............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I actually quite like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Banjo, you need to add key ring to your list

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ah come on, that's a hoax.

Right?

It has to be. That one is clearly a male.

It would be great if there's a legendary that's literally the bottom of a barrel, with eyes and a mouth and feet.

Steel/Fairy type apparently

IvySlayer wrote: »
    BVsZaiwIAAA8CSp.jpg

It works in a so it has come to this kinda way.
    Anyhoo review embargo is up? (is that how you say it).
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/432499/pokemon-x-y-review-round-up-i-choose-you/

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Jesus, I just saw the starters' final evos:

clint_ew.gif
    In more positive news- reviews are good so far- http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/pokemon-x

Pokemon Bank to cost $5 a year, not bad tbh if we get a similar price.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/04/pokemon-bank-cloud-service-launch-december-will-cost-5-year/

Keep forgetting its out in a week or so. Wish it`d snow........
    original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sorry if this has been mentioned but what are the main differences between X and Y? Is there a list of Pokemon available to each version?

Are Tyrunt and Pyroar available to both versions? I'm keen on acquiring those two.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Now don't take this as definite, but I'd imagine Pyroar would be on both versions. Tyrunt though is harder to say cause it's a fossil. Most of the games, you get a choice between the two fossils for that game, but in Gen IV the fossil you got depended on the game you had. So while the signs point to you having the chance to choose between the two, that's not a certainty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

AM I right in saying it's out this Saturday?

Thought I still had two weeks left to wait :D Still not sure to get the 2DS or a 3DS though. The guy in the shop said the 3DS could have battery problems but not sure about the look of the 2DS tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yep, this Saturday. I've never really had much issue with battery life myself on the 3DS though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I asked in the store about prices of 3DSs. Was told basically that the 3DS is more expensive and could have battery issues, especially if I go down the second hand route.

But I'm just not at all convinced about the shape of the 2DS. There's something about the design which just worries me...

The 3DS battery life isn't amazing and if you're playing it all day you'll have to keep it plugged in a lot, but if you keep the 3D off or to a minimum it lasts a decent enough amount of hours.

The 3DS battery life isn't amazing and if you're playing it all day you'll have to keep it plugged in a lot, but if you keep the 3D off or to a minimum it lasts a decent enough amount of hours.

Isn`t the 3XL`s better than the regular 3DS anyway, wouldn`t know myself.

Not long to go now....
    So, any idea how far into the game you have to get (both in progress and real-time terms) until you can trade? Or Breed? Or GTS? (I'm trying to avoid spoilers so haven't looked detail up myself)

I'm trying to figure out the logistics of arranging starter trades in this digital school-playgroundless age.

As a broad guess, you'll be able to trade relatively early. Gen V you needed the first badge and to get the C-Gear, I, III, and IV you had to get the pokedex, II you had to deliver the egg to Elm.

Breeding, haven't the foggiest, I'd guess somewhere between the 3rd and 5th gym.

GTS is theoretically after getting the first badge, it really depends on if it's in pokemon centres like Unova, or a special building somewhere like Gen IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Don't suppose Gamestop is doing a trade-in deal with this like they did with GTA V. That would be my only chance of getting the damn thing anytime soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Is anywhere doing a particularly good deal on 3DSXLs or bundle packs at the moment? Asked in GameStop in Henry St today and the guy was almost aggressively useless - asked him if they were doing a bundle or how much it might be if they were - "couldn't tell you. Your guess is as good as mine. I dunno".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Haven't even seen an ad for it around the shops... Do kids still like Pokémon?

• Advertisement

Ads are outside. Kids who play pokémon ain't gonna see 'em!

Advertisement