Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers inside!** Pokemon X and Pokemon Y - October 2013! :D

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Pokemon Bank App to be released for 3DS which uses the infinite power of the cloud to store all your Pokemon. You can access your Pokemon Bank from Pokemon X and Y, to take out Pokemon as you need, and Pokemon Bank will work with future games in the series so you'll always have access to your Pokemon without needing to constantly trade from game to game. It'll have a small annual fee, apparently, to cover the costs of maintenance as well as updating your stored Pokemon to work with future games. However, there will be a trial at first. If you don't have any interest in the storage aspect, it sounds like the free trial will allow you to still transfer your old Pokemon and then ignore the service.

Pokemon Bank is not tied to a particular 3DS or game save, so is presumably account based, so you can move between saves (and hardware) without worry.

Pokemon Transporter will work with Pokemon Bank to move your Pokemon from Black and White / Black 2 and White 2 to the new generation. It'll move your old generation Pokemon into the cloud, and then you can select your favourites for use in X and Y.

The original Kanto starts, as expected, get Mega Evolutions. Mega Blastoise looks particularly ace.

Also a bit about the start of the game, and how they've mixed up the "starter Pokemon" process: You get two starters now. The Professor actually gives you a choice between the Kanto starters, while one of your friends / rivals gives you a choice of the new starters.

X+Y 3DS hardware released in UK/US on 27th september.

582040_513767152042910_399020252_n.jpg
    1262441_513768852042740_287649812_o.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

new blastoice would look cooler than them all this time

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

I think Mega Blastoise looks kinda goofy. But that could be down to my massive Poke-love for Charmander family clouding my judgement...

Couldn't care less about Mega Venusaur.

Surprised we're getting the Kanto starters so early in the game. I might actually have to pick Froakie as my starter now, seeing as I'll be getting a Charmander, so as not to unbalance my team too much early on. This is from someone who always picks the fire starter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

MegaCharizard is ok, but I still prefer regular Charizard.

That being said, I might get MegaCharizard as a tattoo to round things out :pac:

Chuffed about getting a kanto starter. but now I'm torn because I always run Charizard, but wanted to run Fennekin this gen. Guess I'll get Blaistoise...

also new cloud storage is cool but bit of a pain because I don't have reliable internet access on my 3DS :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm definitely getting Charizard from the Kanto three, but what I'll get for my other starter is very dependant on what the later evolutions are like. At the moment, I'm still leaning towards Fennekin. Granted, in my playthrough of Black before, I wound up with a team that had Emboar, Darmanitan, Chandelure, and Reshiram, so I'm used to getting a bit fire heavy :pac:

I suppose there are worse types to be heavy on than fire...and I was hoping to train 6 charizards for a charizard team, and only have 3 so far...:P

But I would like to run a blastoise too so I guess we shall see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Fairly dissappointed that Pokémon Bank isn't a free App. It'll be cheap I guess but I wasn't expecting the charge.
    These Megastones, is it one Stone or does it have to be specifically a MewTwo Mega stone or Charizard Mega stone. I still amn't 100% sure, I think its the latter.

Gutted we didn't get the gold 3DS XL btw.

Who needs the gold one, red is much nicer :pac:

I suppose there are worse types to be heavy on than fire...and I was hoping to train 6 charizards for a charizard team, and only have 3 so far...:P

But I would like to run a blastoise too so I guess we shall see!

Definitely. Will probably still go with Fennekin as my starter anyway, even when I do get Charmander. The only problem is that if Litleo does evolve into some kind of giant fire lion, I'm going to find it very hard not to have it in my team as well.

3 fire types. So much for balance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

Does Blastoise remind anyone else of Metabee from Metabots?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Gotta go Squirtle. He was my first Pokémon and as I'm starting to lose interest due to there not being enough room in my aging head anymore (how many legendaries are there now? It's like trying to track all the lineup changes in New Guns n Roses!) he may well be my last!

BTW, where's all the "Shiney Dialga, Palkia and Giratina in Game!" event chatter / "let's post a million carts to Buzz" thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Where's Buzz at all actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Dont know if it was mentioned, but apparently you also get Torchic, but not the others.

Think I'll get it closer to Christmas. I'll be getting GTA V so dont want to have to pick between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Justpicked up final fantasy a realm reborn...so...uh....life if currently on hold

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Dont know if it was mentioned, but apparently you also get Torchic, but not the others.

Think I'll get it closer to Christmas. I'll be getting GTA V so dont want to have to pick between them.

Think I'll just send over my Blaziken at some stage as opposed to training another Torchic.

And I too will be waiting til Christmas for Pokemon. It can wait for once... GTA will be taking precedence over everything else, gaming or otherwise, for the foreseeable future.

1185600_3390100529043_1099077703_n.jpg

Dont know the new names, but I'd probably go with the water starter, Bulbasaur and Torchic. Venasaur seems like he will be beast with his megaloution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Dont know the new names, but I'd probably go with the water starter, Bulbasaur and Torchic. Venasaur seems like he will be beast with his megaloution.

Charizard will kick his lumpy green ass anytime.
    More MEGA Evolutions will be revealed next weekend on Pokemon Smash. Hoping to see MEGA Snorlax, MEGA Alakazam & MEGA Gengar.

You`ll just know who else will get one.
    Zubat the bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Mega Farfetch'd please :P

What will they do with the leek

• Advertisement

Id like to see Voltorb/Electrode get a megalution. No idea what it could be but something to make these two appeal in some shape or form. Maybe even give voltorb a third standard stage of evolution or something instead. A geodude cross perhaps? Electrodude. Yea, that'll do. Fund it.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Mega Farfetch'd please :P

What will they do with the leek

Hahaha

They said 36 mega evoltuions right? So we've got

Mewtwo
    Ampharos
    Blaziken
    Absol
    Mawile
    Charizard
    Blastoise
    Venasaur

So if blazikens on it, I think you can accurately guess so will swampert and sceptile :pac: and I'd also say the new starter evos will be on it. So thats...

23 spaces left.

Im sure we will find out those other 23 spaces as soon as the kids finish up on Paint, sorry, the concept artists finish their work.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Charizard will kick his lumpy green ass anytime.

And Blastoise would kick Charizard's ass, and Venasaur would kick Blastoise's ass, and....... you get the idea :pac:

Charizards ass isn't kicked by anyone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

And Blastoise would kick Charizard's ass, and Venasaur would kick Blastoise's ass, and....... you get the idea :pac:

Nope.

Charizards seismic toss nullifies weaknesses....wait for mega flaming seismic toss

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Nope.

Charizards seismic toss nullifies weaknesses....wait for mega flaming seismic toss

Where does he get Seismic Toss? I dont see it anywhere on his learn set on Bulbapedia. Not natural, TM, tutor, nothing.

Did just see Charizard can learn Solar Beam though. If Charizard has the higher speed he can use Sunny Day, hope to survive a Hydro Pump and hit a Solarbeam on his second attack. It's a risk though as I dont think he could outlast in constant attacks due to needing the set up move first. Without Sunny Day, Solarbeam wouldnt be much use as he would need two turns every time.

Mega-Charizard has Drought as his ability so he has a better chance there, depends on what Mega Launcher does for Mega-Blastoise I guess. Does it power up Hydro Pump? If so, it likely depends on who has the higher speed.

Screw you for making me argue against my favourite Pokemon's daddy :mad:

Where does he get Seismic Toss? I dont see it anywhere on his learn set on Bulbapedia. Not natural, TM, tutor, nothing.

Did just see Charizard can learn Solar Beam though. If Charizard has the higher speed he can use Sunny Day, hope to survive a Hydro Pump and hit a Solarbeam on his second attack. It's a risk though as I dont think he could outlast in constant attacks due to needing the set up move first. Without Sunny Day, Solarbeam wouldnt be much use as he would need two turns every time.

Mega-Charizard has Drought as his ability so he has a better chance there, depends on what Mega Launcher does for Mega-Blastoise I guess. Does it power up Hydro Pump? If so, it likely depends on who has the higher speed.

Screw you for making me argue against my favourite Pokemon's daddy :mad:

Its an anime joke :p Ash's charizard constantly nullifies type advantages with mega seismic toss.

MegaBlastoise gets an ability called Mega Launcher, it boosts pulse moves, so moves like Water Pulse.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mega_Launcher_%28Ability%29

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    Its an anime joke :p Ash's charizard constantly nullifies type advantages with mega seismic toss.

Ah right :o

I'm only at the end of Kanto in Anime. Think I've only seen Charizard use Seismic Toss on Magmar against Blaine. Knew he could learn it in Gen 1, which was why I checked his learn set :pac:

I'm guessing Charizard still goes into business for himself since Ash is so awful :D

Advertisement