Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers inside!** Pokemon X and Pokemon Y - October 2013! :D

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

This is an issue I have not thought of, it depresses me slightly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

CianRyan wrote: »
    Haven't even seen an ad for it around the shops... Do kids still like Pokémon?

Do 20 something year olds who played Red/Blue/Yellow count as kids :o
    Seen the ad on tv last nite alrite.
    Is the release date next Monday for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

As a 20 something year old I was thinking kids was up 'till 12. :o
    :p

Release date is Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'm on the closer end of 30, I thought the cartoon was good when I was a kid and had a lot of fun playing either blue or red. Can't remember. I don't even have a 3DS now (elaborated below), nor thought about Pokemon in years. I don't know, though, but the last couple of weeks I've been getting more in to the idea of getting a 3DS. Portable gaming would suit me better right now, and nostalgia for Pokemon is strong. Would be tempted to order off Amazon or something but I wouldn't be here by day during the week so wouldn't be here for the delivery. That pretty much leaves brick & mortar.

So, it'll be out Saturday. Will be checking out the prices for a bundle, and also prices for a second hand 3DS + X or Y. Honestly, I don't know anyone who will be playing either. I saw people saying they were going to get both. That due to not having anyone to trade with so you'll get both? Funnily enough, this will not be the first 3DS game I'll own. Yes, I don't own a 3DS but I got a game for it. I knew I'd get one down the line, and the game I got was Tales of the Abyss 3DS. Tales games in particular, and JRPGs in general can be hard to get if you don't get them on release, historically speaking, so figured I'd buy it when I could and avoid potential troubles later.

There's a lot more than Pokemon on the 3DS. Make sure you get the XL, it's totally different. Maybe you could get it delivered to work if you're worried?

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    Release date is Saturday!

I read on here it won't be out in the shops until Monday.

There's a lot more than Pokemon on the 3DS. Make sure you get the XL, it's totally different. Maybe you could get it delivered to work if you're worried?
    It'd be UCC. I'm a student. And yeah, I know, have a lot of games to catch up on. I got Tales of the Abyss 3DS in November 2011, it seems. I looked up when it was out. I've been planning on getting one for a long time, clearly :P

I don't mind paying a bit extra to be honest. I'd just look at some games I have that I don't plan on playing any more and trade them in towards it which would bring the price down somewhat depending on what I'd trade. Course, if I think I'll play something again, I'll not want to, so who knows what it'd amount to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

its saturday (see prev post from someone else about the effect Pokemon could have on Japan's economy if released on a week day), but if you ordered online and aren't sleeping with your postman you won't get weekend delivery. I guess you could send your butler out to buy it in a bricks and mortar shop if you're living in the analog past... but this is the world of tomorrow!

Went looking for that post. It's this one for anyone interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Rod Serling

I keep seeing shops in the UK and US breaking street date and selling the game early, even people who ordered online have gotten the game today or earlier. No hope of that happening here. :(

Just to say, Gamestop are selling the games at an extra €5 markup. I personally wont be giving them the business and will pick it up in Smyths. They did this with GTAV too, which I cared less about because I knew it'd be extra hard to get and had already preordered, but marking up popular games because they know they're the last big game store is just a sh*t thing to do IMO, wont be long 'til they go the way of Game over here.

• Advertisement

Game download codes are live. Eshop Downloads aren't. 30 hours to go....

Banjo wrote: »
    Game download codes are live. Eshop Downloads aren't. 30 hours to go....

So can you play/install it with the Game download code?

So can you play/install it with the Game download code?

Sorry, that was misleading. Game's download manager site has codes, but you can't activate on eshop yet.

There were concerns the game code would not arrive in timely manner, was hoping to allay them

Ah, thanks for clearing it up.

I'm so impatient, the last week has been harder than the months leading up to these games.

Mark my words boardsies, I'll find a way to get X before Saturday!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

HMV, smyths and tesco are selling it tomorrow apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Jason2379

Oh my days...

So 24 hour Tesco would probably stock it tonight?

#MidnightTrip

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Any word on Gamestop?

HMV, smyths and tesco are selling it tomorrow apparently.

Source?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Source?

Facebook group. One of the people got a text from smyths saying tomorrow and another works in tesco and will be stocking it in the morning. All the posters in tesco as well say the 11th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 MartinTWD_

Facebook group. One of the people got a text from smyths saying tomorrow and another works in tesco and will be stocking it in the morning. All the posters in tesco as well say the 11th.

I was told they wouldn't be selling them until the 12th. but I might take another trip up tomorrow.

I'm going to go check out some places tomorrow. What do people recommend as far as 2DS or 3DS? Not being able to fit it in my pocket isn't a deal breaker to me, so I'm kinda leaning towards 2DS. With that 160 offer in Smyths... It's pretty tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

HMV in Henry street didn't have them out behind the counter with the other games due to be released tomorrow(hope that makes sense).

What's one more day though to wait for what maybe the best Pokemon game ever.

What's one more day though to wait for what maybe the best Pokemon game ever.
    Nothing. I'll have time to drop in and see if it's available, and if it is, why not get it tomorrow?

Any word on Gamestop?

Still €49.99 as of just before 8pm tonight, most Dublin stores open at 9am on Friday I was told yesterday if Smyths or HMV/Xtravision are selling it tomorrow Gamestop will too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My body is ready.

My body is ready.

I am this ready

running-without-getting-anywhere_956.gif

If anyone finds stores selling post it up here pleez in particular Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

So Argos €45.99, Smyths €45, Gamestop €49.99 any news on what tesco/hmv are doing it for or if they are doing it at all hopefully tomorrow is the day :0

€44.99 in HMV/Xtravision

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

1381512_1458805684344682_818434942_n.jpg

I was told argos was at 50 though.

Advertisement