Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Anyone know what is in the update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Why do the US get an extended warranty option in the play store and Europe get nowt? I'd pay for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

hallo dare wrote: »
    Why do the US get an extended warranty option in the play store and Europe get nowt? I'd pay for that.

I thought the EU had laws in place covering product warranties anyway so maybe they are not needed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Otacon wrote: »
    I thought the EU had laws in place covering product warranties anyway so maybe they are not needed.

That'd be it, we get better consumer protection under law than sony would offer under warranty.

Otacon wrote: »

only one year manufacturer's warranty and two years sellers warranty (uk anyway), stand to be corrected on that, but the US gets to have an additional 48 months on their console for 50-60 quid if they so wish. That should apply here also, we spent our hard earned money on the same product so we should be entitled to the same offers, sven if they are more expensive than the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭James74

Using the excellent (most of it) info and help on this thread I got Currys in Derry to replace a nearly four year old PS3. Now it took a few calls, emails to CEOs, letters and politely and carefully worded ultimatums. In the end they made sure I knew they replaced it as a goodwill gesture, not because they "legally had to". I think the european warranty thing pretty much trumps any guarantee from a retailer or manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Nice one. Thread bookmarked for possible future reference.
    James74 wrote: »
    Using the excellent (most of it) info and help on this thread I got Currys in Derry to replace a nearly four year old PS3. Now it took a few calls, emails to CEOs, letters and politely and carefully worded ultimatums. In the end they made sure I knew they replaced it as a goodwill gesture, not because they "legally had to". I think the european warranty thing pretty much trumps any guarantee from a retailer or manufacturer.

another massive 600mb Bf4 patch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

And I still crashed out of a conquest game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Will it at least let me load my campaign progress yet? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Is there any way of pausing downloads , started downloading warframe and warthunder last night , now its taking an age to download bf4 update and ps4 update ,

djskip316i wrote: »
    Is there any way of pausing downloads , started downloading warframe and warthunder last night , now its taking an age to download bf4 update and ps4 update ,

not yet, only way i found to do it was disconnect the internet to the ps4,all downloads will show fail or unable to download, Then just click on which one you want to download and hit retry. It will download that one only, until you select the next one to retry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Anyone see this MS site against the Chromebook? I wonder if they will attack the PS4 in the same manner

http://www.scroogled.com/chromebook

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

RasTa wrote: »
    Anyone see this MS site against the Chromebook? I wonder if they will attack the PS4 in the same manner

That is absolutely ridiculous. Microsoft can go **** themselves for that website.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I remember thinking that was way overboard and then some more, with even more after.

I don't think they will do the same with Sony. The congratulations posts on the launch on Facebook were fairly decent. Best buds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I wouldn't be too concerned. For one thing they don't really have much to give out about it.

Also that's a completely different department and that is also a very Americanized ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭_Puma_

That is absolutely ridiculous. Microsoft can go **** themselves for that website.

Ha that website is hilarious. Like a Heroin Dealer appealing to his hooked customers about the dangers of using another drug like Crystal Meth. Tbh it will probably do more to increases the popularity of Chromebooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

RasTa wrote: »

I hate those pawn shop guys. Awful tv show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Amazon UK finally open a digital store.

http://www.psu.com/a021985/Amazon-UK-opens-doors-to-digital-PlayStation-store

If we Irish get to use it is a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yes there is, go to the notifications tab and then into downloads and that's your download manager menue. You can start, stop and queue up all you like there. There is even an uploads manager menue in there too, it's all covered.

• Advertisement

jaffusmax wrote: »
    And I still crashed out of a conquest game!

I've never had BF4 crash on me yet. Maybe I'm special but I don't have any of the bugs others are reporting, my single player progress is fine and intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Yes there is, go to the notifications tab and then into downloads and that's your download manager menue. You can start, stop and queue up all you like there. There is even an uploads manager menue in there too, it's all covered.

The only options I have are to delete

The only options I have are to delete

I could have swore I could, just checked it there:confused::o. Must be getting mixed up with the X1. Changing between the two too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I just finished a game of War Thunder on the loo with the Vita. I'm not proud of myself, but I was doing so well and duty called.

Did that come in the patch today?

Did that come in the patch today?

No, just me having a brain fart. I am almost sure I did it on launch day with all the downloads and patches going. But those options don't seem to exist now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Not sure if it's the update or what but after update Edward looks like this :

1474479_10201103841664544_1558027549_n.jpg

asss.jpg
    I can see his teeth all the time .. looks weird

I was playing AC for a week two weeks now and only noticed it today ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I've never had BF4 crash on me yet. Maybe I'm special but I don't have any of the bugs others are reporting, my single player progress is fine and intact.

You know what you've done now don't you :)

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    You know what you've done now don't you :)

Yep, I'm never going to get the thing going again am I.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i keep getting an error (CE-34878-0) and being booted from need for speed today. the console is out a good while now. get your act together sony!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement