Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

Has anyone found out if the dlc is region locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Not sure if this might help
    but I have bf4 with premium on my irish account
    loaded the game up on my usa account and I have premium on that too

I just need to try it the opposite way now
    with the usa account everything is cheaper

btw I have the bf4 disc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Pachter - PS4 Sales 66 Per Cent Ahead of Xbox One in November

Analyst says Sony's console reached 1.25 million compared to 750,000 for Xbox One, Pachter is usually spot on with any of his reports.
    Wedbush Securities, who is usually very close when it comes to NPD predictions, is estimating (via GI.Biz ) that the PlayStation 4 sold 1.25 million consoles during the month of November, while the Xbox One was at 750,000. As well, they believe the Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii U will be down 44%, 28%, and 65%, respectively, when compared to last year.

Even with the PS4 and Xbox One introduction, Michael Pachter of Wedbush thinks that console and handheld sales were down 13% overall to $1.25 billion.

When it comes to software sales in November 2013, it’s expected they will be down 13% as well, with “far weaker-than-expected debuts” for Battlefield 4 and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag attributing to this. As well, Pachter believes Call of Duty: Ghosts’ sales were down due to the low reviews and PS4 and Xbox One launches.

The NPD should be releasing their official November 2013 US retail sales report Thursday night.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/12/09/analyst-ps4-sold-1-25-million-units-during-november-2013-in-the-us-xbox-one-at-750000/

btw I have the bf4 disc

It's it an American disc or are both game a decision dlc from European region?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

btw I have the bf4 disc

I think that just means you have premium on the console, ie you unlocked premium on your account and it's available to all your accounts(regardless of region).

EDIT:

Buy some cheap dlc from the US PSN for one of your Irish games to find out.
    Or wait til someone on here does it by mistake and comes on here to give out to Sony.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

It seems to be alright. I have a North American Black Flag disc and I needed a US PSN account in order to download the enclosed DLC and UPlay codes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

id love to know too. i have the Bf4 eu disc and id love to download the US premium content as its far cheaper, afraid to try it though incase of a no go.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

It's it an American disc or are both game a decision dlc from European region?

Its a eu disc bougth it here
    someones going to have to bite the bullet
    Usa account
    usa ps+
    Download usa game
    download usa dlc
    Sign in your irish account
    And hopefullt you can play
    the usa game plus dlc on your irish account

it mite be me bitten the bullet cause its a saving of €20 odd euro evey game

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Anybody having issues connecting to people on Cod Ghost, I have no problem on other games just cod ghost :/

Its a eu disc bougth it here
    someones going to have to bite the bullet
    Usa account
    usa ps+
    Download usa game
    download usa dlc
    Sign in your irish account
    And hopefullt you can play
    the usa game plus dlc on your irish account

it mite be me bitten the bullet cause its a saving of €20 odd euro evey game

I've already done that. Bought battlefield on my US account and can play it and premium on my irish account along with plus. The question I'm asking if I have my cod disc bought in Ireland can I buy the dlc off the American and it will work with my irish disc

• Advertisement

brijay wrote: »
    Anybody having issues connecting to people on Cod Ghost, I have no problem on other games just cod ghost :/

Same here, when I try join a cod party I just get told I'm unable to join..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is the maintenance finished yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

cloud493 wrote: »
    Is the maintenance finished yet?

I was on last night. Logged in after 7 pm. So were 19 of my friends. Googled it today and apparently if you had logged in within the past 5 days you could get online. Played Ghosts MP - not my greatest ever idea!
    Doesn't work for everyone apparently.

Doki Doki Universe is out now on the US PSN store for $15 and it also has a demo as well, nobody seems to be sure if it will be on the EU store tomorrow when it updates, but Tiny Brains will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Does Netflix work for everyone else? I keep getting a technical error when I try to use it.

Qs wrote: »
    Does Netflix work for everyone else? I keep getting a technical error when I try to use it.

Try Settings -> PSN -> Reactivate Licenses and see if that works,

I tried that a couple of times. No joy.

Did you try the option of this is my primary ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

any 1 know if i can trade 2 vita games on the gamestop list and get a ps4 game for 9.99?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i just CANNOT beat the mefitis boss on veteran for that trophy of completing the game on veteran :( anyone wana help me in co-op?

i must have tried the level about 15 times in the past few days and only got to the boss about 4 times with a maximum of 1 life.

PSN = MarkLogan-91

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Someone give me a game recommendation. Want one more game for christmas :pac:

hallo dare wrote: »

I had tried that too. Didn't work.

Its randomly started working now though so happy days. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Guys I cant be expected to read the last billion pages on what ye are on about with all the US accounts and cheaper stuff and European games and non tax state addresses and the like!

Can someone give me a quick top level explanation!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

cloud493 wrote: »
    Someone give me a game recommendation. Want one more game for christmas :pac:

NFS Rivals, NBA 2k14, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Assassin Creed 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

srumball wrote: »
    NFS Rivals, NBA 2k14, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Assassin Creed 4

I put an hour or so into a few games when I got the system, but really got into ACIV over the weekend and haven't played anything since, put almost 20 hours into it so far, hardly touching the main story just having too much fun causing havoc on the sea.

Looks gorgeous too, and the music is fantastic.

Really like NFS, Lego Marvel, Resogun and NBA 2k14 too. Haven't put enough time into the other games to gather much of a first impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Guys I cant be expected to read the last billion pages on what ye are on about with all the US accounts and cheaper stuff and European games and non tax state addresses and the like!

Can someone give me a quick top level explanation!?

You can buy games cheaper off the US Store or amazon.com PSN Store. To take advantage of that, you need to set up a US PSN account. In the US, most states have a digital goods tax and/or a sales tax. To maximise the money saved, you should set your address to a state that doesn't have such taxes, Delaware being an example.

There is a catch with creating a US account and buying US games. As far as anyone can tell at the moment, you need to purchase your DLC for the region in which you purchased the game. For example, if you bought the US version of Assassins Creed, then you need to buy DLC from the US store and vice versa for EU games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

aaronh007 wrote: »
    You can buy games cheaper off the US Store or amazon.com PSN Store. To take advantage of that, you need to set up a US PSN account. In the US, most states have a digital goods tax and/or a sales tax. To maximise the money saved, you should set your address to a state that doesn't have such taxes, Delaware being an example.

There is a catch with creating a US account and buying US games. As far as anyone can tell at the moment, you need to purchase your DLC for the region in which you purchased the game. For example, if you bought the US version of Assassins Creed, then you need to buy DLC from the US store and vice versa for EU games.

While its definately a catch. If you're going to setup an account to buy the game cheaper in the first place then by extension the DLC will also be cheaper so its a win win. A little hassle of having the US account is outweighed by the savings on offer.

Oregon is also a tax free state and it's also where I'm currently based :)

W

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

IGN app for the PS4, looks quite good.

Been out here since launch apparently, anyone tried it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

aaronh007 wrote: »

Excellent, so can I effectively go buy FIFA 14 later for cheaper than the EU store?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement