Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

King Krib wrote: »
    How much did you get for it?

32.50 not bad, Think I only paid 42 for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

yeah, klair is usually top of any leaderboards for me too :( lol

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Kennym_27

Anybody else have trouble or has had trouble loading games? Yesterday COD was making strange noises while it was playing (took it out and cleaned the disc - its ok now) and now FIFA is giving me the error message 'Cannot start the application'. Any ideas whats wrong..?

Edit - After another cleaning of the FIFA disc, its now working. Discs never even touched anything but the PS and the cover... shocking stuff. I remember on the 360 I could drop discs left, right and center and have no trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EddieBhoy

Does the regular €400 version come with anything like the free month of playstation plus they get in the U.S ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

EddieBhoy wrote: »
    Does the regular €400 version come with anything like the free month of playstation plus they get in the U.S ?

The free ps+ trial is in the ps store is it not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

spider_pig wrote: »
    32.50 not bad, Think I only paid 42 for it

I got 45 credit on Tuesday for Killzone in Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EddieBhoy

hallo dare wrote: »
    The free ps+ trial is in the ps store is it not?

I have no idea, I'm getting my ps4 tomorrow. I was asking because I only have the money for the console and one game.

EddieBhoy wrote: »
    I have no idea, I'm getting my ps4 tomorrow. I was asking because I only have the money for the console and one game.

Aw right, there's a few free ones alright, resogun (once you have ps+), warfighter, contrast, some plane game, demos, enough to keep you happy anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Been play war thunder the most out of all the other games, and I seriously can't wait for tanks to be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's my favourite PS4 game by a good bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Anyone here order a game off game.co.uk through parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Luap wrote: »
    Anyone here order a game off game.co.uk through parcel motel?

Yeah, I did during the summer. No problem. Took about a week to arrive in my locker though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Klair88 wrote: »
    Nope, There's no pause option unless you go to a hideout. I believe it was put in as some sort of "feature" to make gameplay seem more real. Like having to keep an eye on the road at all times, beware of other racers etc..

I was going to get this but won't bother now. Stupid move not to include a pause option

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Holy hell Rezogun is addictive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Anyone else having problems with blu ray movie playback on the ps4? The lips are out of sync with the audio. Any disc I've tried has been the same, whereas on my standalone blu ray player the discs play fine.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dohboy

That's completely subjective. What's "meaningful" to you, won't interest many others. There's games out already that are "meaningful" for plenty of people already.

Ok then, meaningful to me would be proper next-gen experiences that aren't just games available on other platforms but with a lick of paint. The launch line up is dull imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

lertsnim wrote: »
    I was going to get this but won't bother now. Stupid move not to include a pause option

surely theyl update it in? i hope! i cant play it unless i know ill have no interuptions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

dohboy wrote: »
    Ok then, meaningful to me would be proper next-gen experiences that aren't just games available on other platforms but with a lick of paint. The launch line up is dull imo.
    You mentioned Watchdogs, that will be a "lick of paint" job too sure it's going to be on previous gen.
    What exactly are you expecting from next-gen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Holy hell Rezogun is addictive!

Yup! and it looks more hard-ass with a Z instead of a S.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dohboy

You mentioned Watchdogs, that will be a "lick of paint" job too sure it's going to be on previous gen.
    What exactly are you expecting from next-gen?

A game or games that will really show off the capabilities of the hardware. Like Mario 64 did, GTA III did, Uncharted did etc etc. You know what I'm talking about, no need to be a smartarse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

A game or games that will really show off the capabilities of the hardware. Like Mario 64 did, GTA III did, Uncharted did etc etc. You know what I'm talking about, no need to be a smartarse.

I think metal gear solid out in March is gonna look amazing.

Or a God of war

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

If you are talking graphics and exclusives solely then I would say Infamous, Driveclub and The Order: 1886 are the most obvious.

Infamous is out in March, Driveclub should be something relatively similar and the Order is out sometime in Q3 or Q4 next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I wasn't trying to be a smartarse, sorry if that's the way it came across. Some of the games already out look great. Battlefield on PS4 looks a world apart from the PS3 version. There's a map called Paracel Storm that gave me a bit of a "so this is next gen" kind of feeling.

Saying that it's just a lick of paint upgrade is selling it a bit short IMO. It's just so much smoother and vivid, much more happening on screen, no bushes and trees appearing in front of you as you cross the terrain because the system can't deal with it and has to pop them in as you go along. 64 player lobbies.
    That's pretty much what I was hoping for from next gen. There's only so far you can go graphically, there could never be anything like the leap from say PS2 to PS3.

How much is BF4 going for in trade in.

The #7 PSN deal is the PS3 version for €34.99/£24.99, another €10/£10 for the upgrade after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Varik wrote: »
    How much is BF4 going for in trade in.

The #7 PSN deal is the PS3 version for €34.99/£24.99, another €10/£10 for the upgrade after that.

Is there a deadline to when you cant upgrade anymore? Also does it matter that I don't have a ps3, would it have to be registered on a ps3 first?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is there a deadline to when you cant upgrade anymore? Also does it matter that I don't have a ps3, would it have to be registered on a ps3 first?

March, and no. You'd need to buy the PS3 version off the website PSN store rather than the PS4 store.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Can anyone confirm if the BF4 game on sale for E35 is upgradeable to the PS4 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

F1ngers wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if the BF4 game on sale for E35 is upgradeable to the PS4 version?

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/13/the-12-deals-of-christmas-deal-7/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SCEEBlog+%28blog.eu.playstation.com%29

3rd comment down. Confirmed

"Yes if you purchase the PS3 version you will be able to upgrade to the PS4 version for £9.99"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Klair88 wrote: »
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/13/the-12-deals-of-christmas-deal-7/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SCEEBlog+%28blog.eu.playstation.com%29

3rd comment down. Confirmed

"Yes if you purchase the PS3 version you will be able to upgrade to the PS4 version for £9.99"

Well, I know what I'm doing over the weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement