Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Actually that's something I was surprised by.

Playing in a friends house to try it out. Battlefield crashed twice and Ghosts crashed once. Was prompted to send the error reports.

Is this what will happen now instead of a game freezing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Actually that's something I was surprised by.

Playing in a friends house to try it out. Battlefield crashed twice and Ghosts crashed once. Was prompted to send the error reports.

Is this what will happen now instead of a game freezing?

happened twice today on need for speed. about 8 times last week on call of duty. other than today and that day, it never happened. its quite annoying when youre halfway through a race in NFS :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Error reports are gonna become common on both consoles as they are both trying to replicate PC architecture, BF4 has been the first major culprit of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Xenji wrote: »
    Error reports are gonna become common on both consoles as they are both trying to replicate PC architecture, BF4 has been the first major culprit of this.

Yeah, bf4 mirrored itself on Windows Vista. It crashes 100 times more and is infinitely less effective than its predecessor :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

198321 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's the update or what but after update Edward looks like this :

1474479_10201103841664544_1558027549_n.jpg

asss.jpg
    I can see his teeth all the time .. looks weird

I was playing AC for a week two weeks now and only noticed it today ..

happened me before on ps3... bit of a weird glitch but its temporary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dohboy

When are the first really meaningful next-gen games coming out and what are they? Watchdogs? The Division?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

dohboy wrote: »
    When are the first really meaningful next-gen games coming out and what are they? Watchdogs? The Division?
    That's completely subjective. What's "meaningful" to you, won't interest many others. There's games out already that are "meaningful" for plenty of people already.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Is FIFA crashing in career mode after you finish playing a game for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I have this feeling that Watchdogs isn't going to be as good as it looks. I hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

Grayditch wrote: »
    I have this feeling that Watchdogs isn't going to be as good as it looks. I hope I'm wrong.

Is that a feeling in your water?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

Are there any good two player games to get? NFS the only one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

mileslow wrote: »

Need for speed is only a one player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Lego marvel super heros, Ghosts split screen

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ZeroBarry

Knack is multiplayer, if you think that would be to your liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Need for speed is only a one player.

Ah, for some reason I remember the last version being 2 player so just presumed it would be.

Lego marvel super heroes didn't blow me away when I looked at a video of it but probably a bit of fun?

Knack...I'll think about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Grayditch wrote: »
    i have this feeling too. looking forward to the division looks like fun

• Registered Users Posts: 30 thedeadp0et

I (as long as many others I'd imagine) want to get one of these for Christmas. If I ordered one now - deposit etc - how long do you think I'd be waiting until it arrives? I've been told as late as April, which is just ridiculous...?

question regarding need for speed. when i press the options button to pause the game..it just brings up a menu but doesnt actually pause the game. what kind of bull**** is that? i cant even pause a race during the storymode?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

MarkY91 wrote: »
    question regarding need for speed. when i press the options button to pause the game..it just brings up a menu but doesnt actually pause the game. what kind of bull**** is that? i cant even pause a race during the storymode?

Nope, There's no pause option unless you go to a hideout. I believe it was put in as some sort of "feature" to make gameplay seem more real. Like having to keep an eye on the road at all times, beware of other racers etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

It's seamless online multiplayer, in that there will be other real world players in your games at all times, so that's why you can't pause, because you'd be pausing their game too.

• Advertisement

NotorietyH wrote: »
    It's seamless online multiplayer, in that there will be other real world players in your games at all times, so that's why you can't pause, because you'd be pausing their game too.

I've played through the entire Racer campaign by my own in Single Player and you can't pause it there either.

Also, in case people didn't know, you can change the settings to start the game in Single Player mode rather than an online lobby. Too many Host migrations for me online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Klair88 wrote: »
    I've played through the entire Racer campaign by my own in Single Player and you can't pause it there either.

Also, in case people didn't know, you can change the settings to start the game in Single Player mode rather than an online lobby. Too many Host migrations for me online.

That's what I'm saying, the multiplayer is integrated into the single player. As you play through the single player some or all of the other cops and racers will be real world people. There's no multiplayer mode, it's part of the single player campaign.

EDIT: Sorry just saw you were playing offline. Bit odd they don't let you do it when offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Indestructable

And is it good? I am considering getting it but the games are pretty expensive, would need to be worth it. Not all that bothered with multiplayer tbh. Thanks

And is it good? I am considering getting it but the games are pretty expensive, would need to be worth it. Not all that bothered with multiplayer tbh. Thanks

Did you like the other need for speeds? I loved them all and i think this one is my favourite. I was cautious at first, it feels different somehow and some gameplay mechanics have changed but once you get used to that it is awesome! I love it and still am loving it!

Playing as a cop online now, Bustin' asses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Heads up for anyone who wasn't going to buy from vgp because gamestop wouldn't buy imported games
    Hmv take them I traded in a French copy of killzone today that I got from vgp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

spider_pig wrote: »
    Heads up for anyone who wasn't going to buy from vgp because gamestop wouldn't buy imported games
    Hmv take them I traded in a French copy of killzone today that I got from vgp

How much did you get for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Hello,

Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered

Prima Games "Watch Dogs Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide"
    Estimated arrival date: July 25 2014 - July 26 2014

I wonder it the game has been moved to that date as well.

Nope, There's no pause option unless you go to a hideout. I believe it was put in as some sort of "feature" to make gameplay seem more real. Like having to keep an eye on the road at all times, beware of other racers etc..

hmm...quite annoying :\ sometimes i have to pause a game and leave the ps4 for a minute or two. very dissapointed in this "feature" :\

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Did you like the other need for speeds? I loved them all and i think this one is my favourite. I was cautious at first, it feels different somehow and some gameplay mechanics have changed but once you get used to that it is awesome! I love it and still am loving it!

Playing as a cop online now, Bustin' asses!

I like it too.

Makes me mad though when I go through a speedtrap and see you are 1kph faster :pac::pac:

Gonna finish up the Racer part today(I got the Pagani) and then do the cop section.

It's a ton of fun tbh. I prefer simulation style racers over arcade style generally but I like this. There's a real sense of speed to it.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Makes me mad though when I go through a speedtrap and see you are 1kph faster :pac::pac:

Gonna finish up the Racer part today

Haha i had maxed out everything on every car! Its very easier to earn SP later in the game!

Also, watch out! I'm a cop online now, if i see you speeding i'm gonna have to pull you over son!!.... with some ESF and a shockwave to deter you. :D

That goes for any of you other "Racers" too. Cops FTW!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement