Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Can't play any game online. But when I login to my PSN on my laptop it says everything is fine and nothing is down.....

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah I've tested the internet a few times through the PSN and was getting 1-12 mb down. My laptop was getting 30 down on wifi.
    Just thought it was the PSN

How do you test the speed? Just run a speedtest through the browser on the PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

mileslow wrote: »
    How do you test the speed? Just run a speedtest through the browser on the PS4?

In the menu on PS4
    Settings
    Network Settings
    Test Connection

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

Jesus, I've actually done that a few times on the PS3 and totally forgot.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Dunno if anyone watched the Pack-Attack from the beginning of the month, this one:

I think he's absolutely spot on about what sony's eventual plan for the Playstation brand will be, it's familiar territory for them, but their need to be the proprietary overlords could well scupper things (just like it did with their zero-impact line of Walkman DAP's and media devices), hopefully xbox can manage to offer just enough competition to negate that worry as I do not hark for the days of ATRAC, SonicStage and completely anti-consumer practises...shudder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Dunno if anyone watched the Pack-Attack from the beginning of the month, this one:

I think he's absolutely spot on about what sony's eventual plan for the Playstation brand will be, it's familiar territory for them, but their need to be the proprietary overlords could well scupper things (just like it did with their zero-impact line of Walkman DAP's and media devices), hopefully xbox can manage to offer just enough competition to negate that worry as I do not hark for the days of ATRAC, SonicStage and completely anti-consumer practises...shudder.
    In fairness to them they haven't been too bad. I haven't had to buy proprietary hard drives or charging packs or the likes like on the Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So i have about 100 to spend on a new HD. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RampantRichie

weiland79 wrote: »
    So i have about 100 to spend on a new HD. Any suggestions?

Seen some Hybrids on Amazon getting good reviews for use in PS4.....

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Solid-Hybrid-2-5-Inch-ST1000LM014/dp/B00B99JUBQ

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Psn down for anyone else

djskip316i wrote: »
    Psn down for anyone else

There's maintenance scheduled. It could have started already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Yeah was hoping to get a few games of bf4 in before it started, resogun it is then

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sony could put a great spin on this over in the States, " Real Americans play the Playstation, Terrorists choose the Xbox " ;)

NSA: new report unearths spying on Xbox Live, WoW, more....

America’s National Security Agency is reportedly spying on players using Xbox Live, World of Warcraft, Second Life and other services, no mention of the PSN as of yet.
    NSA records indicate that the agency sent agents into World of Warcraft under the guise of avatars to snoop on players, and in some cases attempt to recruit seasoned players to the cause. The paper, entitled ‘Exploiting Terrorist Use of Games & Virtual Environments’ shows that the agency also has the means to collect mass data from Xbox Live’s 48 million players.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/09/nsa-new-report-unearths-spying-on-xbox-live-wow-more/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Just turned my ps4 on and nothing seems to be loading or working proper.

Theres no option to move down on any of the games to get further details or overview. I loaded up Fifa and it just stops after you press x on the messi loading screen. Resogun stops also. PSN appears to be logged in but doesnt show up.

While all of this is happening the machine itself is not crashing i can go in and out of all the apps and menus.

I know PSN is down but surely that wouldnt stop me from loading games?

Was all working fine last nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Can't play online. Sony don't let people know when their doing maintenance. Turned playstation on and my friends weren't loading up so said I'd sign out then back in. Couldn't sign back in so a quick Google tells me their doing maintenance but you can still play online as long as your signed in.

But now I'm signed bloody out!

So don't sign out and you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I can't bomb things. Now I have to get actual work done. Sake.

Can't play online. Sony don't let people know when their doing maintenance. Turned playstation on and my friends weren't loading up so said I'd sign out then back in. Couldn't sign back in so a quick Google tells me their doing maintenance but you can still play online as long as your signed in.

But now I'm signed bloody out!

So don't sign out and you should be fine.

They announced the maintenance a week ago, they always give you fair warning if it is planned.

New gameplay video for Thief

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Just turned my ps4 on and nothing seems to be loading or working proper.

Theres no option to move down on any of the games to get further details or overview. I loaded up Fifa and it just stops after you press x on the messi loading screen. Resogun stops also. PSN appears to be logged in but doesnt show up.

While all of this is happening the machine itself is not crashing i can go in and out of all the apps and menus.

I know PSN is down but surely that wouldnt stop me from loading games?

Was all working fine last nite.

Me to I can play AC4 but dont know if its cause I have it as a digital download. I'm hoping that it because of the PSN mantainence, My first clue is that I have not friends online and thats pretty unusual as I have some in multi regions and generally someone is online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I just hope they sort Music Unlimited out, It's a disgrace!

Grayditch wrote: »
    I can't bomb things. Now I have to get actual work done. Sake.

What's War Thunder like? Tried it briefly last week. My first flight ended in carnage about ten seconds after take off. Did join a game but only spectated. Presumably I'm going to be horribly outgunned by anyone who upgraded via micro transactions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Xenji wrote: »
    They announced the maintenance a week ago, they always give you fair warning if it is planned.

I should wear my glasses more often so! That announcement got past me. I was reading up on it.

Is it not supposed to start at 17:00 and finish at 22:00?

I should wear my glasses more often so! That announcement got past me. I was reading up on it.

Is it not supposed to start at 17:00 and finish at 22:00?

Starting at 16.00 and ending at 24.00, it always acts up before maintenance for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RampantRichie

New gameplay video for Thief

My ears.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

What's War Thunder like? Tried it briefly last week. My first flight ended in carnage about ten seconds after take off. Did join a game but only spectated. Presumably I'm going to be horribly outgunned by anyone who upgraded via micro transactions?

I love it. When you first start off, you will have about 2 planes to bring into battle and do your bit, and leave the battle when you're done. You'll contribute a bit to the cause (usually it's Ground Strike, where your team drains their bar by destroying ground forces and their planes).

There's only so much you can do when you first start with two bogey planes, but you'll get good at it, and unlock bombers and better planes and start to see that you're making a proper difference in the battles.

Do what you can, leave the battle if you've no planes left and you'll get whatever XP you're due when that match ends.

I suggest doing the tutorials to get the free "gold eagle currency" which lets you either hurry research up, or buy planes outright. I very nearly deleted the game after one or two battles as I thought it was very meh at the time, but I'm real happy I didn't.

I find bombing very relaxing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

I downloaded my gameplay video off facebook using this http://fbdown.net/ site then straight up uploading it to my youtube. The quality is fairly decent considering I didn't use any editing software. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

Sony could put a great spin on this over in the States, " Real Americans play the Playstation, Terrorists choose the Xbox " ;)

NSA: new report unearths spying on Xbox Live, WoW, more....

America’s National Security Agency is reportedly spying on players using Xbox Live, World of Warcraft, Second Life and other services, no mention of the PSN as of yet.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/09/nsa-new-report-unearths-spying-on-xbox-live-wow-more/[/QUOTE]

I just read about this in The Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/09/nsa-spies-online-games-world-warcraft-second-life

Some of the reader comments are gas.

"Sorry Bob, can't do that stakeout today. I'm on COD duty for the next 4 hours"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Another good comment:

" IF they've been watching me play call of duty, I imagine they'll be calling upon my services soon enough.If you're reading this: I am ready. "

Every time I pop a blu ray disc into the PS4 it asks me if I want to connect to the internet. Any reason why I should? I always click no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Spoonman75 wrote: »
    Every time I pop a blu ray disc into the PS4 it asks me if I want to connect to the internet. Any reason why I should? I always click no.

Probably detecting some BD-Live feature.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    Probably detecting some BD-Live feature.

Yeah, I was thinking it was something like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement