Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Mini Android 4.0 Media Player ca. €15 delivered @ DealExtreme

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

zuroph wrote: »

It's a decent price considering it comes with Remote, But....
    What's it like playing for any length of time?
    I have tried many of these sticks and some of them are terrible, even with similar specs to each other.

At the moment i'm waiting on a couple of THESE i got for €36, i hope it's honoured, was a great deal for about an hour, then went up to €42 and then ended.

I think i'd go for it.. Sell it as an Android Smart TV stick, nothing else, if it stutters or overheats. It's Allwinner A10, which has a good community for XBMC. Saying that the MK802 was the same and was terrible. I have a new version of the MK802 and it is terrible to watch (Streaming). It stutters a lot even if i change the Video Output and display (Streaming).
    But to watch Videos from MicroSD or attached Hard Drive it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Hi Allyall.
    I've been racking my brain for an android TV set up for a while. Can u say which is the best setup you have come across. I basically want it for streaming online content, that's about it. I'm willing to pay whatever and It doesn't have to be a stick, a box would be fine. The reviews I'm reading about a lot of them is problems with the wifi connection..

Hi Allyall.
    I've been racking my brain for an android TV set up for a while. Can u say which is the best setup you have come across. I basically want it for streaming online content, that's about it. I'm willing to pay whatever and It doesn't have to be a stick, a box would be fine. The reviews I'm reading about a lot of them is problems with the wifi connection..

I don't know which is the best, but my two favourites so far, are only because i've tried them. There are others i want to try but haven't yet.

The XIOS DS - Roughly about €75 delivered, Probably my favourite, I bought two. One is in my brothers on loan, sold the other.

For roughly €42 - €55 the KimDecent T21 Nufront CPU. You can control it with a smartphone free and Easy with BiggiFiVMG and is briliant. WiFi on the stick is very good, and streaming Live or from server perfect. Only thing i did notice was it got hot, but didn't seem to effect the performance.
    The sofware streaming playback was good, probably close to 720p, but it can handle 2180 and 3D (Didn't try 3D) and is HDMI-CEC compatible.

I want to try these, but haven't yet.

I'm waiting for some updates on this, but looks by far ans away the best http://www.hardkernel.com/renewal_2011/main.php

Looks good and want to try it.
    http://www.geniatech.com/pa/atv1200.asp

But there are tons more, and the iMito's are good, but i only had one for a short time, I got it for a project with DotMatrix Printers.. and didn't really get to test it. But both of the newer versions get good reviews everywhere, so i probably will buy one again.

Thanks for that Allyall! One will be bought tonight. I'm swaying towards the Kimdecent T21 but I'll have to wait till I get home to have a proper look. I definitely will be getting an Odroid at some stage aswell. They look impressive, cost a nice bit more if you have to buy the accessories but it looks like something that could replace my old PC.
    Thanks again..

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Allyall! One will be bought tonight. I'm swaying towards the Kimdecent T21 but I'll have to wait till I get home to have a proper look. I definitely will be getting an Odroid at some stage aswell. They look impressive, cost a nice bit more if you have to buy the accessories but it looks like something that could replace my old PC.
    Thanks again..

Yep, Odroid will be in my house before Mid Feb.. (Hopefully :))

The T21 has a few different names. It's also on sale HERE as a T9. It's the newer version of the MK808 apparently, but holds no similarities i found.

The GV-21 isn't it. It's like a knock-off version of it. Has no Firmware updates, and does succumb to Freezing and in some cases - A LOT.

It has the same guts and case, but whatever way it was put together has caused endless amounts of hassle for me and other people. Luckily i was able to send mine back. I bought a Tablet instead. Then got the Kimdecent T21 just before Christmas. As stated, i have no problems with it's performance.

Well, i got the T21 from Aliexpress for 49 dollars which isn't bad. Don't know how reliable that site is but seems ok.
    Happy now that I've finally bought one. I could still have the OP one for e16 on the way aswell since i got an email sayin i can keep the item, got the refund and didn't get the e5 coupon either. Won't be holding my breath for that one though. Thanks again Allyall.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Got an email back from them asking for the voucher code so I sent that on to them.
    Still waiting back.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

Did anyone successfully place an order using the voucher? I tried but didn't get an order confirmation or dispatch email

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Did anyone successfully place an order using the voucher? I tried but didn't get an order confirmation or dispatch email

All orders were cancelled AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

i ordered a mini wireless keyboard and mouse and a hdd enclosure...total was about $35 and the $5 voucher worked no probs. The items are listed as shipped but i havent gotten them yet.

Advertisement