Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Mini Android 4.0 Media Player ca. €15 delivered @ DealExtreme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

baa baa just ordered one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Ordered. Damn BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

They are a handy little yoke to have (especially at that price), I use a MELE F10 remote with mine and it comes in dead handy.

http://dx.com/p/mele-f10-fly-mouse-3-in-1-2-4ghz-wireless-air-mouse-keyboard-remote-control-black-128312

Just to again point out though that the one they are selling is not actually a UHOST2, it is the UHOST U1A, so if you are reading reviews of the U2 just be aware that that is not what you are getting.

but still worth it at the price, so don't let me put anyone off. Update the firmware though when you do get them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

eamonnq wrote: »
    They are a handy little yoke to have (especially at that price), I use a MELE F10 remote with mine and it comes in dead handy.

http://dx.com/p/mele-f10-fly-mouse-3-in-1-2-4ghz-wireless-air-mouse-keyboard-remote-control-black-128312

Just to again point out though that the one they are selling is not actually a UHOST2, it is the UHOST U1A, so if you are reading reviews of the U2 just be aware that that is not what you are getting.

but still worth it at the price, so don't let me put anyone off. Update the firmware though when you do get them!!

How do you find the wifi on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

I will resist....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

eamonnq wrote: »

This looks like a slick keyboard too

How do you find the wifi on it?

Wifi is not great on it, but to tell the truth I have not used the UHOST U1A since nearly as soon as I received it the UHOST 2 came out so obviously I then NEEDED that one as well !!

U2 is much better all round and my U1A has being lying idle since I got the U2.

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    This looks like a slick keyboard too

Yes, there is a comparison on a few different keyboards on one of the forums, but I as far as I recall the MELE F10 got the nod above the others. It is not perfect and I think they were originally designed for MELE media players or something, but the mouse functions on one side and the keyboard on the other is very handy.

http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/android-mini-pc/mele-f10-perfect-air-mouse-keyboard-remote-3069.html

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sure it'd be rude not to buy it at that price...

Cheers OP.

Here's hoping I can get my Keysonic ACK-540RF working with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

MJ434 wrote: »
    How much are the duties normally?

AFAIK you don't pay duty on goods under €22.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

OK I'm in aswell lads ..any decent reviews of this?

Tis is some deal I hope its not a misprice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

Bought one to add to the Cyclone USB player that I never use. Hooray for BA !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Would a mouse be enough to control it in order to select which movie I want to watch or which website I want to stream? Have one lying around but needing to get a keyboard too means not a good deal for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Ordered one also... Hopefully it wont be hard to put a new ROM on. XBMC perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭cassette50

Hopefully good enough to run Netflix.

Ordered. Damn you bargain alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

Just bought one myself...Now to figure out what it does.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Before I jump... My Philips TV is already networked but I find the interface useless. Could I buy this and hook it up and then use any of the same apps I have on my Android phone?

Before I jump... My Philips TV is already networked but I find the interface useless. Could I buy this and hook it up and then use any of the same apps I have on my Android phone?

In theory, but i would wait for a review from someone that receives one. At 20 euro the interface wont be too polished I would guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

Can it play MKV and MP4 movie files?

I've read that VLC can be installed on it. Anyone had success with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Couldn't resist one. I used to buy from these all the time and now they're asking me to activate my account. Click on the activation link, enter my activation number and then get an 'error 500' webpage. I got an email confirming my order but the thing is still sitting in my basket. So confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

It's chaep but dont forget you need to purchase a keyboard, mouse and SD card to use it

Quick question guys:

Is there any way to get this to play media on a non HD tv?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Solt out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Yeah. Looks like I got in there just in time. Got onto their chat and got them to activate my account and now I keep getting 'error 500' when I attempt to pay for it. They told me to try and pay for it later, in a few hours.

Edit: Just paid for it there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭MrGeneric

Only had a quick scan through the thread and I didn't notice any posts about delivery time. The last order I made from dx.com took 6 weeks to arrive. It didn't matter to me, but I was getting worried that it wasn't going to come at all.

These might come quick enough, but just be aware and maybe wait for a few reports from people who've ordered them.

From DX wait at LEAST 3-4 weeks, no matter what the item.

To put it in perspective. It's free postage... and its coming from the other side of the world :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Sure how could I not order one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Can anyone recommend a USB sound card that will work with this? Plan on using it with a speakerless monitor so will need external sound.

Also, for those who've used it before, what's the netflix performance like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

south wrote: »
    Just bought one myself...Now to figure out what it does.. :)

Here is adecent review of the MK802 which is a similar idea but im sure the specs are different. The idea behind the players are the same so it just describes some of the uses:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/07/mk802-android-4-0-mini-pc-hands-on-impressions/

http://www.envythisstuff.com/techtalk/mk802faq.html#whatismk802

Again these are for the MK802 which is different but the same type of product

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Its still in stock if anyone looking for one.

I already have a media player, still ordered one. Not sure why!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭steve_r

Just got one myself............not a clue what I'm getting myself into!

For €20 its more a toy for me to play with to see if I can get it to actually work and then upgrade when I'm more "educated". Thanks OP!

Advertisement