Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Mini Android 4.0 Media Player ca. €15 delivered @ DealExtreme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Not quite cancelled, but it wouldn't surprise me if it'll be 2014 before I get this yoke.

Terry: Welcome to DealExtreme, nice to meet you !
    Terry: <order number>
    David(me) : Hey
    Terry: Sorry for the delay.The item is awaiting restock now. At this time our supplier cannot confirm when the item will restock. Would you like to cancel it or change it for another item instead?
    David(me): Do you know how long?
    Terry: I think will takes a long time
    Terry: you'd better cancel it or change it
    David (me): hmm.. i think i'll wait out
    David (me): Thanks!
    Terry: OK
    Terry: I will let warehouse staff hurry up for your order
    Terry: :D
    Terry: Goodbye and have a great day!
    Terry: It would be highly appreciated that you would give me 5-Star rating after this chat. Please click "Close" button at the top-right corner to complete the rating. Thank you for chatting with me.
    David (me): thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Ah sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭steve_r

Bit of a let down alright.

Did you give him a 5 star rating?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Didnt bother my hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Apparently avoid...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Allyall wrote: »
    The MK808 is back at €28 delivered. Which isn't bad.

Why is this better than the one in the original post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

1) you will actually get it (edit: actually judging by comments below that might not be the case)
    2) two cores vs one

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

The MK808 is back at €28 delivered. Which isn't bad.

I'd be very wary of that seller, look at their recent feedback all of which are related to the MK808, almost looks like a hijacked account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Blade wrote: »

I'd be very wary of that seller, look at their recent feedback all of which are related to the MK808, almost looks like a hijacked account.
    Was at the payment screen in PayPal when something in my head told me to look back on boards and see if there is anything more written about it! I'm glad I did now!

I deleted the link, but 17 of the last month are positive, 6 are negative.. And they are all giving out that the tracking number is bad... That's kinda normal from China.... They might still get them

AND It's just after Christmas..

I ordered from Aliexpress Free deliver on the 28th of November, Tracking number didn't work they arrived today.. So i wouldn't agree with those.

17 are positive in the last month. I'd risk it. I might still... I Just have two delivered today of a different model, so i don't need them yet.

• Advertisement

If I was to order now and it doesn't arrive within a month is it possible/easy to get a refund from PayPal?

Yeah, that tracking number panic is a little unreliable as tracking numbers often don't go 'live' for a day or two.

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    If I was to order now and it doesn't arrive within a month is it possible/easy to get a refund from PayPal?

Yep, you have 45 days.
    I would actually trust it. He has good feedback up to this, and this was posted on a forum, so more people buying and panicking. €28 isn't an AMAZING price, it's okay, just roughty €8 cheaper than elsewhere.

Tried to order just now using PayPal and it says I'm unable to buy it due to seller restrictions. Anyone else getting that?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Thraxen

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Tried to order just now using PayPal and it says I'm unable to buy it due to seller restrictions. Anyone else getting that?

If you get that be worried man, Paypal is the only thing I trust to handle my payments. At least you can get a refund off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭event

I already got charged by DX, will be mightily pissed if i don't get it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I must have over 100 orders from DX over the last 5+ years and never had any bother.
    If they can't fulfil the order in reasonable time they'll mail you asking so you want to cancel.
    You can also raise a ticket with customer service now and cancel.

At the price it was worth amount and I'll hold out and see whether it ships.
    In the interim I've ordered a NEO G4 from them. Gets great reviews and comes in around 40 euro
    http://dx.com/p/neo-g4-android-4-0-dual-core-google-tv-player-w-wi-fi-tf-1gb-ram-8gb-rom-eu-plug-161085

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

Just saw this on DX

http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1260571?page=2

To all: Regarding the mini android 4.0 Media Player–sku.145864 External link you have purchased

Unfortunately, after receiving the most recent batch of media players, it came to our attention before shipment that some of these media players have a quality issue that may affect performance. At that time we also discovered that the manufacturer supplied us with a discrepancy in information regarding the processor frequency.

Having known this fact, we tried to find an alternative source but no comparable units were available. We also attempted to have another batch of media players manufactured to the proper specifications but this would have required factory re-tooling that was not feasible in a reasonable amount of time.

1. Full refund will be issued on this item for anyone who ordered the product regardless of shipment date. We will contact you directly to follow up on this and you may keep the media player.

2. If your order hasn’t been shipped yet, it will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund and a $5 USD coupon code to use toward the purchase of a related Android HD media player here

The problem wasn't stock related, but quality related.

:(

Ah well, was too good to be true. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

When we get refund :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I deleted the link, but 17 of the last month are positive, 6 are negative.. And they are all giving out that the tracking number is bad... That's kinda normal from China.... They might still get them

The 6 Negs were all for the MK808, those other positives were for different items. Anyway the item now seems to have been removed by ebay and probably the seller too. The reason Paypal refused to accept payment from TheTechGuy is most likely because their account has been suspended because of too many claims. Too late now anyway but I wouldn't have gone near him with a bargepole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Just got this email
    To cancel the order or wait
    Dear XXXX
    Thank you for your order 13010400108827 Unfortunately we are currently awaiting restock on one or more of your items. If you would like to wait for the item, we thank you for your patience and apologize for the inconvenience. If you would like to change this item or cancel the order, please click here .
    Order #: 13010400108827
    If you have questions about this order or your account, please contact our staff here .
    Thanks for choosing DX.com, we look forward to serving you!

Please confirm and if you have any other questions, please contact customer service at: services.dx.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Just got this email
    To cancel the order or wait
    Dear XXXX
    Thank you for your order 13010400108827 Unfortunately we are currently awaiting restock on one or more of your items. If you would like to wait for the item, we thank you for your patience and apologize for the inconvenience. If you would like to change this item or cancel the order, please click here .
    Order #: 13010400108827
    If you have questions about this order or your account, please contact our staff here .
    Thanks for choosing DX.com, we look forward to serving you!

Please confirm and if you have any other questions, please contact customer service at: services.dx.com
    Got the same e-mail. Think I'll wait it out and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ I got the same mail then I got another mail an hour later.
    A refund for your order XXXXXXXXXXX has been processed in the amount of USD 20.50 . It has been returned to your PayPal already, please check it.

For PayPal orders please expect 24 hours for funds to reach your account. Credit Card refunds typically take 3 to 7 days and Store Credit refunds are available immediately for payment on your next order.

We apologize for any inconvenience that led to this transaction refund and look forward to better serving you in the future.

Just checked my paypal a/c and I can see the refund. :(

Ah well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

coldfire1x wrote: »
    ^^ I got the same mail then I got another mail an hour later.

Just checked my paypal a/c and I can see the refund. :(

Ah well.....
    NO REFUND FOR ME YET

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

got the same emails and still have not gotten a refund....

anyone getting something similar instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

So...? Is it stock related or quality related? I've got mails saying both

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

i got the emails, and got paypalled back immediatly..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Got another mail about $5 voucher off next purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

groom wrote: »
    So...? Is it stock related or quality related? I've got mails saying both
    PRICE related :mad: I'd say...
    Thought I was in the clear, had no emails except confirmation mail up until yesterday - then a flurry of emails last night. Langballs.

You'd swear half the flashlights/bike lights were actually the claimed brightness. They'll have to shut the site down if they can't ship anything that has been exaggerated a bit.

Advertisement