Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much are you guys into fashion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ironnike

Not in to fashion atall but "the coat makes the man" so I need to look tidy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Interesting thread.

As a larger man I've grown a bit disheartened the last 18 months going close shopping. Everything seems to be moving towards "slim fit" with these skin tight t-shirts.

I'm not uncomfortable with my weight or appearance, but get a bit conscious when I go to buy something which is pretty frustrating.

I think the only conscious "fashion" choice I make is that I buy my Jeans in Next as they are a good fit and long lasting and don't break the bank. Apart from that its buying stuff from somewhere that isn't a stockpile of "slim fit"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I buy slim fitting suits as I'm too skinny for a regular fit and the slim fits seem to look regular on me, not slim.

I have a couple of pairs of slim cords but no jeans and nothing skinny that is tight to the skin.

I don't like tight fitting clothes in general nor do I think they look particularly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Ya I rarely go shopping but I do a gander. Mainly because the clothes over here imo are terrible. Go go London or the States etc and you have such a better selection. I think it's a must to have a good selection of shirts, slacks, jeans, etc.

Look good, feel good. Very true for me and that's not a vanity thing. Some people are too into it though and end up looking like 1 of Lady Gagas costumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I have no money for fashion, and in any case it looks like one more way of separating fools from their money. I think that - since fashion goes in cycles - the further you fall behind, the further ahead you are. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Perpetual transience.

I'm too cool for mere materialist fashion. Metaphysics is the new black. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

As regards guys wearing skinny jeans, when I was younger I used to wear really skin-tight black Lycra/Spandex jeans, which left very little to the imagination -

I can NEVER understand how guys can wear skinny jeans. I would feel cramped. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

I have always been into dressing up in way out gear and as my user name suggests, I just love dressing up in head to toe black leather. As regards guys wearing skinny jeans, when I was younger I used to wear really skin-tight black Lycra/Spandex jeans, which left very little to the imagination - and the girls just loved me in them!

If one looks good, one feels good and that's what matters!
    You serious? How'd you get away with spandex jeans? I'd say you got an aweful lot of stick for that... But on the other hand it sure makes for good conversation with the women haha.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Black Leather

Lenmeister wrote: »
    You serious? How'd you get away with spandex jeans? I'd say you got an aweful lot of stick for that... But on the other hand it sure makes for good conversation with the women haha.

Yes, you need a lot of guts in order to venture out in Spandex jeans and I am well able to take the stick. Yes, wearing them did attract female attention - and guys that's what its all about!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Discorobot

I can't get my head around the styles promoted by high street clothes shops that seems to be sticking around - there's something about Just off the farm-chic that doesn't really work in my opinion.
    People who also wear shirts/the majority of a suit, or even dress in smart casual almost ironically irk me to no end too.

As such I either dress as if I'm in the 1930s, or wear suits. Big into most everything Tom Ford right now

• Advertisement

I have always been into fashion and dressing up, but in a casual way, my favorite clothing materials being leather and denim. I have recently discovered the pleasure of wearing skinny jeans and I am building a new wardrobe around them. I now own several pairs of skinny jeans in different colors and washes. I have also purchased some new boots, belts, caps and denim shirts and jackets to go with my skinnies.

Nothing like dressing up as I feel that if one looks good, one feels good! And that's what its all about!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DaveOClerigh

fashion is something that I am only getting back into having been, a living manequin for bad clothes for too long, but at my age (40's) have no clue where to look or what to wear or how to go about getting the right look, any pointers or even pic's for lets say smart casual (if that is still a term).

I'm back dating so could really do with some pointers atm.

fashion is something that I am only getting back into having been, a living manequin for bad clothes for too long, but at my age (40's) have no clue where to look or what to wear or how to go about getting the right look, any pointers or even pic's for lets say smart casual (if that is still a term).

I'm back dating so could really do with some pointers atm.

I would recommend a combination of denim and leather - a nice slim fitting pair of blue jeans, denim shirt and a good quality black leather jacket. For footwear, a pair of black ankle boots would look great.

I would recommend a combination of denim and leather - a nice slim fitting pair of blue jeans, denim shirt and a good quality black leather jacket. For footwear, a pair of black ankle boots would look great.

Thanks but I don't think I can pull off leather tbh too small:o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,291 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Thanks but I don't think I can pull off leather tbh too small:o

Shirt and jeans does the job for most places on a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

This thread has descended to satire. If you are middle aged.

1) don't wear denim.
    2) don't wear leather.

Wear a suit. Or a suit jacket.

1) don't wear denim.
    2) don't wear leather.

So you think noone over 40 should wear jeans on a night out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

So you think noone over 40 should wear jeans on a night out?

No.

Over 25.

It might be worth cross posting this thread to Ladies Longue and see what they think.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

Blue jeans no but dark jeans with a good pair of shoes are grand for a night out, I swear by John Rocha Jeans in Debenhams

No.

Over 25.

It might be worth cross posting this thread to Ladies Longue and see what they think.

Why?

I think most men are well able to decide what they want to wear.

I'm 38 and always wear jeans on a night out, tbh I don't know where you are coming from with this idea that noone over 25 should wear them.

• Advertisement

1) don't wear denim.
    2) don't wear leather.

I am over 40 and I live in denim and leather and why not? I could never wear a suit or a suit jacket. Suits just do not go with my personality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

No.

Over 25.

Rubbish. Depends on the jeans in question. My boyfriend who's 43 looks great in a pair of jeans. Men in a nice pair of jeans at any age looks great.

- a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

No.

Over 25.

I think every poster on this thread is capable of choosing their own clothes without having to ask for the advice of some women online.

Most fashion rules are BS, imo. Wear what you want as long as it looks decent on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

No man over the age of 25 should wear jeans...probably the most ridiculous statement i have ever heard.

If you believe that style has such rules like above, there is no hope for you.

Google Nick Wooster, he knows how to wear jeans like a bad ass better than anybody under the age of 40 not to mention 25.

22129.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Usually black. Mostly jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I hate jeans only reason i wear them is because cant get into pubs/clubs with anyting else on.
    Im fairly active so i have to wear tracksuit bottoms etc most days

And no im not a scumbag and no i dont wear socks over my tracksuits and yes im employed and no i dont have a criminal record.

24year old male

I hate jeans only reason i wear them is because cant get into pubs/clubs with anyting else on.
    Im fairly active so i have to wear tracksuit bottoms etc most days

And no im not a scumbag and no i dont wear socks over my tracksuits and yes im employed and no i dont have a criminal record.

24year old male

lol haahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Hazys wrote: »
    22129.jpg

I think that looks ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

lol haahahahahaha

Why you laugh my friend?(",)

• Advertisement

cause its funny lol

24year old male

this bit

Advertisement