Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread II

Options
1321322323324325327»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭bilston

sydthebeat wrote: »
    yeah looks to be the best 23 available at the moment.
    Darcy / Marshall probably interchangeable in that what Darcy may give more in defence Marshall probably offers more in attack.

Could be D'Arcy for Wales, England and France and Marshall for Scotland and Italy, that way neither player doubles up (ie plays two weekends in a row).

.ak wrote: »
    /sick

More proof that Evans deserved his 12 week ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

McCarthy is someone we could well afford to lose considering we have Touhy and Henderson in reserve. We're much lighter if Luke can't play

• Subscribers Posts: 41,242 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

bilston wrote: »
    Could be D'Arcy for Wales, England and France and Marshall for Scotland and Italy, that way neither player doubles up (ie plays two weekends in a row).

Bod for five in a row? maybe cave (or robbie) / marshall versus italy would be a good shout.

Im worried that our injury list has nearly doubled and we haven't kicked a ball yet :(

FFS McCarthy too?! Is someone going around the Ireland camp smashing mirrors or something?

Ian Evans tore him up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

More proof that Evans deserved his 12 week ban.

Not according to the Welsh players who tweeted about it saying that McCarthy deserved it for being where he was in the maul/ruck. Stay classy lads.

Not according to the Welsh players who tweeted about it saying that McCarthy deserved it for being where he was in the maul/ruck. Stay classy lads.

Welsh players? Surely you mean fans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

god damn injuries. Seems beating the Scots by 40 points might just be a pipe dream after all :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Ian Evans tore him up!

Yeah I know that but it's fairly unlucky that his face would go all sceptic

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Interesting interview with Kearns.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/rob-kearney-feels-sense-of-liberation-under-new-regime-1.1672523

Pretty much confirms what we thought of Kidney and his tactics regarding kicking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Welsh players? Surely you mean fans?

Nope, players. Joe Bearman in particular.

Yeah I know that but it's fairly unlucky that his face would go all sceptic

Ah I think he was always in doubt for it.. I kinda hoped he'd be okay, perfect game for him, but with 25 stitches it takes time to the wound to seal up.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Bod for five in a row? maybe cave (or robbie) / marshall versus italy would be a good shout.

Im worried that our injury list has nearly doubled and we haven't kicked a ball yet :(

I don't see BOD finishing 5 in a row, I would have thought the plan against Scotland might have been to move Fitz to 13 for the final quarter to keep BOD's powder dry for Wales (if the game was won which is no given by any stretch). Maybe McFadden to 13 late on against Scotland now? Or Jackson to 10 and Sexton to 12 and Marshall/D'Arcy to 13. Actually that's far too much shuffling about so ignore that last bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,878 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

They really have to be getting Zebo back into camp soon as. He needs to be around the match atmosphere this weekend and train like a motherfunny next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Nope, players. Joe Bearman in particular.

Tom Shanklin as well if I remember correctly

Just noticed BOD is 3 caps away from matching Gregan's record, and 4 caps away from being the most capped player in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Carter, Cooper, Cruden. Barrett is barely tested at international level at 10. Cruden is chronically under-rated on this forum, but I lose no sleep over it. Cooper was pretty sensational for Australia in the recently completed AIs. I'd be genuinely interested to know whether the other 5N forums/blogs think Sexton is in the top 2 FHs in world rugby. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. I think those teams would fear Dan Carter and Quade Cooper more, but I might be wrong. And just to say it again, I do rate Sexton.

Cooper is eratic though, brilliant or sometimes brutal, I'd say Cruden is probably more in line for the tag, as he could very soon be passing Carter for the NZ jersey (even with Carter fit and available). Of course it's very hard to rate one OH against another given the teams they play in, it is far easier for both Carter and Cruden to look better considering the dominance of the team they play in. I don't think Sexton has really done much wrong in an under performing Irish team, that Cruden or Carter would have done better.

*MOD EDIT* Thread locked as reaching limit. new thread here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement