Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

A shame, he's been playing well and offers something very different to Murray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

That's a blow

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Would this be Boss' first Six Nations appearance since 2007?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Was thinking Reddan might have actually started on Sunday-keeping Murray fresh for the Phillips battle on Sat week.. Boss is playing well but so was Reddan.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

If anything happens to Either Murray or Boss JS may regret giving KM 10 mins but we shall see.

• Advertisement

Would this be Boss' first Six Nations appearance since 2007?

Sure will.

http://www.espn.co.uk/ireland/rugby/player/15262.html

• Subscribers Posts: 41,394 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

andymx11 wrote: »
    If anything happens to Either Murray or Boss JS may regret giving KM 10 mins but we shall see.

why?
    If murray gets injured Boss plays
    :confused:

sydthebeat wrote: »
    why?

What if Reddan is out for next week and Murray is too? Boss starting with Marmion on the bench

Much weirder things have happened

why?
    What if Reddan is out for next week and Murray is too? Boss starting with Marmion on the bench

This. Something i'd rather not see in a 6 nations.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,394 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

what if my aunty etc etc

At least the vast majority of the irish team would have a SH they are used to playing with ;) no problem there.

And if it becomes such an issue that our forth choice Sh has to play, so be it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

This. Something i'd rather not see in a 6 nations.

That's like saying if Sexton and Hackson got injured we'd have Madigan and Keatley in the squad, something we wouldn't like to see.
    Or if Kearney and Henshaw got injured Jones would be in the squad.
    Or if TOD and Henry got injured we'd be down to Murphy.

Generally two injuries in one position is going to leave bare. Very few teams have four top quality players per position.

If it happened it's not like it's bad management as it's a usual occursnce because it's not. Most teams would struggle.

What would be the issue of Marmion benching?

If in the 'doomsday scenario' Reddan and Murray were out for next week, and Boss started and had a Reddan-esque 3 minute game when he charges down a kick with his chin and knocks himself out, meaning Marmion has to play for 77 minutes that would still be fine surely?

Guy's a senior player, 40+ appearances for Connacht as well as U20 Ireland appearances and Wolfhounds.

Be grand sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Thanks for confirming!

I'm happy that he might finally get some pitch time as he's been in and around the squad for the last few years. Of course it's a shame about the circumstances.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    That's like saying if Sexton and Hackson got injured we'd have Madigan and Keatley in the squad, something we wouldn't like to see.
    Or if Kearney and Henshaw got injured Jones would be in the squad.
    Or if TOD and Henry got injured we'd be down to Murphy.

Generally two injuries in one position is going to leave bare. Very few teams have four top quality players per position.

If it happened it's not like it's bad management as it's a usual occursnce because it's not. Most teams would struggle.

1. Something i'd rather not see in the 6 nations

2. Something i'd rather not see in the 6 nations

3. Something i'd rather not see in the 6 nations (although better than the above 2)

All I said is its not an ideal positon to be in for an major championship. I never said it was bad management I said JS would regret giving KM only 10 mins. It's not a bad thing, every coach would. If we could tell the future things would be great.

Thanks for confirming!

I'm happy that he might finally get some pitch time as he's been in and around the squad for the last few years. Of course it's a shame about the circumstances.

Yes for sure. It's mad to think he hasnt been in a six nations side since 2007 but yet was in the RWC 2011. Great player to have around.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

All I said is its not an ideal positon to be in for an major championship. I never said it was bad management I said JS would regret giving KM only 10 mins. It's not a bad thing, every coach would. If we could tell the future things would be great.

Meh. If the nightmare scenario comes to pass I don't think an extra 20 minutes in an A game would make all that much difference.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Meh. If the nightmare scenario comes to pass I don't think an extra 20 minutes in an A game would make all that much difference.

Maybe so, but I suppose but it would have done more good than harm. But anyway lets just hope it dosent happen. KM will be a fine player in time.

LF injury concern for Sunday according to Sinead Kissane Twitter. Groin strain. Did light running today and is being monitored.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

LF injury concern for Sunday according to Sinead Kissane Twitter. Groin strain. Did light running today and is being monitored.

balls

that really would be a crushing blow for Luke if it keeps him out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Greyian

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

3436205-7911963661-no-no.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭jacothelad

im just wondering why the flick was infamous? did someone get shot because of it?

;)
    ssaye2 wrote: »
    balls
    No. Groin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

If he misses the game, someone is getting a punch, somewhere, watch out :pac:

ssaye2 wrote: »
    If he misses the game, someone is getting a punch, somewhere, watch out :pac:

Once its not to one of our remaining wingers go ahead :P

LF injury concern for Sunday according to Sinead Kissane Twitter. Slight Groin strain. Did light running today and is being monitored.

Adding in the bolded as this makes things a little better. It is also what Sinead said I just missed it first time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Freudian slip? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

If anyone other than Tabloid Kissane gets onto that LF strain, I might raise an eyebrow. Otherwise, be grand.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    If anyone other than Tabloid Kissane gets onto that LF strain, I might raise an eyebrow. Otherwise, be grand.

When has she been wrong before? She's also in situ with the Ireland camp so making up injuries wouldn't do her much good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Gutted for Reddan, he's been in great form the last couple of months, hopefully he's back for the Wales game.

But however disappointed I am for Reddan, I'll be absolutely despondent if Fitzgerald is ruled out. If ever a guy needs a run of good luck, it's him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement