Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The SPIN Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

smurfs5 wrote: »
    Ha you beat me to it!!!! :D I'm sure he is loving the Irish weather having endured record-breaking temperatures in Oz.
    Great to have him back!!!

Was expecting the OZ man again!

This is great altogether. Perfect start to a ****e Sunday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Was expecting the OZ man again!

This is great altogether. Perfect start to a ****e Sunday :)

Here comes the first link.....

Haha loved that thing he did at the end of Thrift Shop. Also, I LOVE when Paul uses that jingle, he sounds amazing talking over it.
    Its the one at 1:45 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzLdJAatHJ0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Haha loved that thing he did at the end of Thrift Shop. Also, I LOVE when Paul uses that jingle, he sounds amazing talking over it.
    Its the one at 1:45 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzLdJAatHJ0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Missed the link what did he do? :)

Love that ramp sounds great!!

Missed the link what did he do? :)

Love that ramp sounds great!!

Just at the end of the song, there was a little gap and he said " There's a cute little girl now, wait for it". Then she said a little thing and Paul says "there ya go" and plays the jingle and starts his link. Its the little things......

• Advertisement

Just at the end of the song, there was a little gap and he said " There's a cute little girl now, wait for it". Then she said a little thing and Paul says "there ya go" and plays the jingle and starts his link. Its the little things......

Indeed. I believe his personality and use of imaging and intro's and outro's are secret to success!

They have to be joking. Becki is off for the rest of the week from TRL. Am I missing something here?

They have to be joking. Becki is off for the rest of the week from TRL. Am I missing something here?

That's strange, who's covering? :)

That's strange, who's covering? :)

Don't get too excited. It's Riyadh. When she said last night that she was going to be off for the rest of the week, I was literally staring at the radio willing her to say Paul's name. :(

Don't get too excited. It's Riyadh. When she said last night that she was going to be off for the rest of the week, I was literally staring at the radio willing her to say Paul's name. :(

:( Disapointment.

On another note Steve K was live from DIT today (I think) and I mean to say the audio quality was brilliant. He sounded like was literally in the studio doing the show crystal clear no tin can or echo stuff either.

The work of Technical Paul don't you know!

• Advertisement

Listen to Zoo Crew NOW!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Listen to Zoo Crew NOW!!!

1038 or SW?

What's going on?

wnolan1992 wrote: »

1038 or SW?

What's going on?

It was 1038. Lauren did what they called "The Other Story" and did the news and weather with made-up stories. It was absolutely hilarious, I'm sure it'll be on the podcast. Brian: "Here's SPIN's 5 Word Weather that always seems to be more than 5 words...."
    Lauren : "Windier than your grandad's crack". It mightn't sound funny on here but listen to it on the podcast at the end of the week. The whole thing was so funny. :)

:( Disapointment.

On another note Steve K was live from DIT today (I think) and I mean to say the audio quality was brilliant. He sounded like was literally in the studio doing the show crystal clear no tin can or echo stuff either.

The work of Technical Paul don't you know!

Yeah. I remember seeing him at UCD doing a broadcast from an open day and I felt like going over and asking him for a lesson in presenting! I caught a bit of the DIT broadcast and I did notice how brilliant the sound was.

Yeah. I remember seeing him at UCD doing a broadcast from an open day and I felt like going over and asking him for a lesson in presenting! I caught a bit of the DIT broadcast and I did notice how brilliant the sound was.

He is king! :rolleyes:

It's Dara's turn to have a week off so Brian and Lauren are doing The Zoo Crew on SPIN 1038 this week.

I've gotta say that Lauren and Brian are so good together. Last night was one of my favourite Zoo Crew shows ever. It was absolutely hilarious, The Other Story was so funny and there was brilliant banter between the two of them throughout. Dara and Brian seem to have different personalities and I think the show would work so much better with Brian and Lauren IMO. As I've said, it's a shame Lauren was on a hiatus when Claire Beck left because she would have been the perfect replacement and then Dara could have kept The Lock In and Becki could have done mid-mornings. Oh what a shame........

The Other Story with Lauren is next on The Zoo Crew on 1038. Make sure you listen NOW, its gonna be brilliant!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The Other Story with Lauren is next on The Zoo Crew on 1038. Make sure you listen NOW, its gonna be brilliant!!!

Dang, did I miss it? Tuned in at about 7:50 when they were playing The Script?

Must say, 1038's studio is nice. :)

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Dang, did I miss it? Tuned in at about 7:50 when they were playing The Script?

Must say, 1038's studio is nice. :)

It really is.

Yeah you just missed it :( That was the first song after it. It's on at 7:45. Don't miss it tomorrow night! :)

Must tune in tomorrow night too missed it again! SPIN 1038, Capital and Q Music are three of my favourite studios!

• Advertisement

Right, don't miss it tonight. "The Other Story" is on at 7:45 on SPIN 1038. :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO missed it :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO missed it :(

Set a reminder/alarm on your phone- 7:45 tomorrow.

In summary, Lauren was reading a story about how a lot of men have unsatisfactory sex lives and they said that two ways to improve it were hunting and chopping wood :D
    Also for the donut, Brian just said "words, words, words, no ones listening to me, words" :)
    The Zoo Crew's 5 Word Weather was "Not as windy as Taylor Swift"
    Then, "This is the home of some stunners- Steve K, some not very good looking people- Dara, and some absolute mingers- Fully Charged" :D

LOVE the ongoing digs at Fully Charged :)

This is one of the best features the Zoo Crew has ever done IMO. Brian and Lauren are SO funny and brilliant together.

Set a reminder/alarm on your phone- 7:45 tomorrow.

In summary, Lauren was reading a story about how a lot of men have unsatisfactory sex lives and they said that two ways to improve it were hunting and chopping wood :D
    Also for the donut, Brian just said "words, words, words, no ones listening to me, words" :)
    The Zoo Crew's 5 Word Weather was "Not as windy as Taylor Swift"
    Then, "This is the home of some stunners- Steve K, some not very good looking people- Dara, and some absolute mingers- Fully Charged" :D

LOVE the ongoing digs at Fully Charged :)

This is one of the best features the Zoo Crew has ever done IMO. Brian and Lauren are SO funny and brilliant together.

Remember the last time Brian and Dara started a slagging war with Fully Charged? Tracy went to management. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Remember the last time Brian and Dara started a slagging war with Fully Charged? Tracy went to management. :rolleyes:
    Ha really?! How did we find that out? What did they say that was so offensive?

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Ha really?! How did we find that out? What did they say that was so offensive?

Basically they rang Tracy's dad on air not sure if it was live, they boss man rang them and left a voicemail for Dara saying they'd stepped over the mark and they needed to have a meeting about it.

Then following night they apologised to Tracy on air and the following week her and Brian presented the show together. It was great radio for the few days it was going lots of Fully Charged liners were replaced with them taking the mick!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ImZara

Who is that girl on with Brian?

ImZara wrote: »
    Who is that girl on with Brian?

Her name is mentioned about 5 times on this page. :rolleyes: It's Lauren Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

Spin have lost some listeners (about 11,000 I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 ImZara

Her name is mentioned about 5 times on this page. :rolleyes: It's Lauren Kelly.

Let me reword the above - What is her experience? Where did she come from!? Never heard of her in my life :o

It's actually showing Brian to be a weaker presenter than I thought. They don't sound very good together imo.

Advertisement