Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The SPIN Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

ImZara wrote: »
    Let me reword the above - What is her experience? Where did she come from!? Never heard of her in my life :o

It's actually showing Brian to be a weaker presenter than I thought. They don't sound very good together imo.

She used to be on news before a 15 month holiday and now she's back doing the odd cover...or let me rephrase that...ALOT of cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

She used to be on news before a 15 month holiday and now she's back doing the odd cover...or let me rephrase that...ALOT of cover.
    I'm quite glad that she is doing so much because she is a great cover presenter.
    Let me reword the above - What is her experience? Where did she come from!? Never heard of her in my life :o

It's actually showing Brian to be a weaker presenter than I thought. They don't sound very good together imo.

Although Dara is the best presenter out of the three of them IMO, I think that Brian and Lauren sound better together than Brian and Dara do. The show has been more fun and relaxed this week and there has been a lot more natural banter. I think Dara is better on his own.

Everything falls to ****e podcast wise when Dara's not around & I was looking forward to hearing "The Other Story"!

Everything falls to ****e podcast wise when Dara's not around & I was looking forward to hearing "The Other Story"!

Is it just that they haven't put it up yet? Poor show from them considering they said it would be up "soon". :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ImZara

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Would they not put Becki on with Brian? I'd love to hear how that sounds - if even for a night.

• Advertisement

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Would they not put Becki on with Brian? I'd love to hear how that sounds - if even for a night.

Becki did the show with Brian for a week about a year ago and they sounded great together. It's clear that they're friends off air so it was really funny. There isn't a need to take Becki off her own show and then have to get someone to cover TRL because a)Becki's had too much time off her own show already and b) Lauren sounds brilliant with Brian IMO so they just swap her for Dara for the week.

Nick Kay was covering Riyadh on Saturday Breakfast this morning.

I only heard a bit of him but he was sounding good from what I did hear.

Just listened to the podcast, hilarious. They do actually work well together they sound very natural and like they're enjoying themselves! The other story is ingenious hope they continue to do that when Dara is back or at least when Lauren is covering one of them!

Just listened to the podcast, hilarious. They do actually work well together they sound very natural and like they're enjoying themselves! The other story is ingenious hope they continue to do that when Dara is back or at least when Lauren is covering one of them!

Glad you enjoyed it :) It was so enjoyable to listen to this week. As you say, Brian and Lauren are so comfortable and relaxed around each other and it led to natural hilarity on the show this week.

Elsewhere, a busy day for Riyadh. As well as producing Plan B, he is in for Shona on SPIN Hits now.

Just listened to the podcast. Loved Brian's Nadine Coyle impression and Lauren's Cheryl impression was so funny as well.

The Other Story is brilliant. I loved their 5 Word Weathers, their "This is the home ofs" and Brian's use of the voice changer for the promo before the weather as well as Lauren's "It's 7:47 because we're late out of the ads, shocker" :D. I'm really gonna miss the two of them together. :(

• Advertisement

smurfs5 wrote: »
    Just listened to the podcast. Loved Brian's Nadine Coyle impression and Lauren's Cheryl impression was so funny as well.

The Other Story is brilliant. I loved their 5 Word Weathers, their "This is the home ofs" and Brian's use of the voice changer for the promo before the weather as well as Lauren's "It's 7:47 because we're late out of the ads, shocker" :D. I'm really gonna miss the two of them together. :(

Me too. Although they can't be late out of ads anymore with networked news!

Me too. Although they can't be late out of ads anymore with networked news!

No but it was a funny joke for people who have heard their news getting messed up. :)

Nick Kay was covering Riyadh on Saturday Breakfast this morning.

I only heard a bit of him but he was sounding good from what I did hear.

Lol @ Nick Kay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Lol @ Nick Kay
    Any relation of Steve k I wonder?!

Lol @ Nick Kay

Huh??

Huh??

Lol = Laugh Out Loud

@ = at

Nick Kay = Nikki Hayes (I'm guessing) :confused:

Add it all together = I was laughing out loud at the reference to Nikki Hayes being called Nick Kay :D:o

Lol = Laugh Out Loud

@ = at

Nick Kay = Nikki Hayes (I'm guessing) :confused:

Add it all together = I was laughing out loud at the reference to Nikki Hayes being called Nick Kay :D:o

Actually, his name is Nick Kay. He covered Paul two weeks ago and Riyadh yesterday. He's a new Australian presenter.

I'm young, I could understand your post. Please get your facts right before being a tad patronising. (I'm not having a go at you BTW)

Dara's back on The Zoo Crew Hot 30 tonight.

Dara's back on The Zoo Crew Hot 30 tonight.

Always refreshing to hear him on the air I must admit!

Actually, his name is Nick Kay. He covered Paul two weeks ago and Riyadh yesterday. He's a new Australian presenter.

I'm young, I could understand your post. Please get your facts right before being a tad patronising. (I'm not having a go at you BTW)

:o Jeessshhhh.. Sorry
    I always think Nikki Hayes says her name as if it were Nick Kaaaaaayyyy - hence why the LOL.

• Advertisement

If you had to rate SPIN 1038 daytime schedule in order of your favourite show to least favourite how would you rate it? ...

Love how Dara interrupts Brian at the end of the show when they're saying that Becki is next on TRL. Dara then says that she's off on her holidays again (love the references to her unbelievable amount of time off) and says that *insert random celebrity's name here* is doing the show.

Last night, Dara said "Anne Doyle's next with TRL" :D

Who is on for Becki tonight?

No, Becki is doing her show this week but Dara is joking how she is never on so he is making out that various celebs are covering her!!

No, Becki is doing her show this week but Dara is joking how she is never on so he is making out that various celebs are covering her!!

Ah I see :P I only realised after I posted the previous post that that is was only half 8! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭car.kar

Speaking of Georgie, she seems to have been demoted to entertainment news. She is kind of Rory's replacement but she doesn't feature on Fully Charged at all and she is the best newsreader at SPIN in my opinion. Her talents seem to be wasted doing The Inside Story.
    I don't mean to have a go at her but Karin, who reads the news at weekends, is really not suited to newsreading. She reads it in a really awkward way and should probably stick to being a Spini if I'm honest.

Sorry my news reading skills disappointed you there Smurfs. Being a Spini was great craic, but it can't be fun and games all the time. Georgie wasn't 'demoted', she chose to move to that job after Rory left and is quite happy.

I'd love to know who you are. You know so much about Spin that you could work here...

car.kar wrote: »
    Sorry my news reading skills disappointed you there Smurfs. Being a Spini was great craic, but it can't be fun and games all the time. Georgie wasn't 'demoted', she chose to move to that job after Rory left and is quite happy.

I'd love to know who you are. You know so much about Spin that you could work here...

Well this is awkward.......:o

As it happens, I was going to apply for work experience at SPIN this summer. Not so sure about that now seeing as I've passed comment on half the office!

Thanks for clearing that up BTW. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭car.kar

Well this is awkward.......:o

As it happens, I was going to apply for work experience at SPIN this summer. Not so sure about that now seeing as I've passed comment on half the office!

Thanks for clearing that up BTW. :)

Transition year? You need to apply for work experience about a year in advance (honestly), places fill up alarmingly fast. if you're in college and just looking for a summer placement, Spin don't really do that, but give it a go anyway.

And yeah ... you'd seriously want to make sure your profile here can't be traced back to you. There's more of us from Spin on here than you'd think - the programme director himself being one.

car.kar wrote: »
    Transition year? You need to apply for work experience about a year in advance (honestly), places fill up alarmingly fast. if you're in college and just looking for a summer placement, Spin don't really do that, but give it a go anyway.

And yeah ... you'd seriously want to make sure your profile here can't be traced back to you. There's more of us from Spin on here than you'd think - the programme director himself being one.

Cheers for that.

Have people who are going into university and looking for a placement done one there or is the idea mainly focused on TY students? Whenever I look at the website, it always says that the programme is full.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

*note to self: Do not criticise Spin. :pac:*

Advertisement