Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

hate to say it but no acts on that lineup that would attract 'undesirables', so should be a good crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

really?

Yeah, on the image on the previous page. That might be as much as we get in terms of day splits until the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Might head to whatever day Kraftwerk are playing. Looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pretty uninspiring line up for three days. I'd like to see Django Django and Hot Chip again, and wouldn't mind checking out Stealing Sheep so I might go for a day depending on who's playing when but cant see myself buying a weekend pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

From the announcement I have Kraftwerk, Hot Chip, Mark Lanegan, Djang Django and Trentemoller (plus I don't know many of the bands), so the weekend pass seems like an option for me.
    I'll probably wait for the Forbidden Fruit announcement to decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Great lineup. I'd only be heading for Vampire Weekend though. :P

Now, where's the rock festivals.. We need even one of them.. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,161 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Phoenix, Yeah Yeahs Yeahs and Kraftwerk are the only band three I'd really like to see. Wouldn't mind picking up a Friday ticket for the Frenchmen anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Probably will be a while which is annoying. If I knew Jake Bugg was Saturday I'd definitely buy a ticket, as it is now I'm not sure. Him and VW are the only two I like

I reckon jake bugg is on the Friday as he's play Nottingham Saturday and benicassim Sunday
    http://jakebugg.com/mobile/gigs/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Very good lineup imo and reasonably priced. Jake bugg, yeah yeah yeahs, foals, vampire weekend, villagers, Phoenix, hot chip, teed, and kraftwerk will be excellent sets!
    Pity it's not on at a different date as I'm going to benicassim that weekend and would have had a place to stay next to Marlay. Ah well, always next year!

• Advertisement

10,000 capacity according to Phantom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i honestly dont know why people are moanin?? the line up is a good one, and its a fresh new festival thats actually worth going rather to forbidden fruit where you have the odd act worth seeing,its a step up from forbidden fruit and little step down from electric picnic , i think its a festival worth going to, but its a shame where it is , such a pain in the arse to get to and from!!considering its a 3 day thing i dont think its worth that much of trek to do the whole 3 days!!and also i think its going to attract a fairly decent crowd of people , theres no controversial acts on that line up :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Each days line up will be announced on the 8th of April.

Tickets then go up to €150 for the weekend and €55 per day. Very reasonable in fairness to MCD

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    I reckon jake bugg is on the Friday as he's play Nottingham Saturday and benicassim Sunday
    http://jakebugg.com/mobile/gigs/

You could be onto something there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Great line up. Shame Kraftwerk will be on the Sunday night and they will have to start probably around 9.00 or 9.30 which will mean you wont get the full visual display not unless its in a tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Great line up. Shame Kraftwerk will be on the Sunday night and they will have to start probably around 9.00 or 9.30 which will mean you wont get the full visual display not unless its in a tent.

They probably won't even have a tent, just a bit of old galvanise and a few clothes pegs to hold it all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Its on the day of my birthday.

Be cool to see Kraftwerk, Hot Chip and Vampire Weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Good shout red face dave on the brightness not being great for the 3D show... Anyone seen them do the show and care to comment?

That plus the Sunday night thing makes me think maybe go on Saturday for Vampire Weekend....

Think I'll be waiting to see full details in April and then buying a ticket for either Saturday or Sunday just to check out the new kid on the festival block...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Wahoo!!! Modest Mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    Wahoo!!! Modest Mouse.

Cowboy Dan :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

It could be good...but a festival like that... With them acts... In Dublin??? Just has the Swedish House Mafia gig written all over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

Good announcement... 3 days & plenty of good names for €129 is fair...

Kraftwerk, Hot Chip, Local Natives, Trentemoller, Villagers, Modest Mouse, Mmoths, Foals and others.

only downer is the the trip to Marley & back...

strange they'll be selling day tickets with no breakdown yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭7 7 12

neaideabh wrote: »
    It could be good...but a festival like that... With them acts... In Dublin??? Just has the Swedish House Mafia gig written all over it!

Not really, can't see Kraftwerk, VW and Hot Chip appealing to the same crowd as SHM, tinie tempah, snoop dogg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭The Guardian

i'd pay the day rate if guaranteed (1) yeah, yeah yeahs, (2) modest mouse, (3) vampire weekend, (4) cast of cheers, (4) django django and (5) hot chip

otherwise i'll just go for a few pints and stick my ipod in my pocket for the bus journey

nevermind

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What are chances that Foals and Modest Mouse will fall on same day? Would be perfect.. really want to see them.. following that Kodaline, Local Natives, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and MMoths.

Like others, wouldn't buy three day, not worth it, unlees some fairly big announcements follow up this one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

yeah i guna stab someone when pocket calculator comes on and get triple mad ou of it during mmoths!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

what kinda statement is that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

A V A wrote: »
    yeah i guna stab someone when pocket calculator comes on and get triple mad ou of it during mmoths!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

what kinda statement is that

Haha yeah, I'm going to burn the whole park down, at the first sound of music.... music aghghghghgh111

• Advertisement

are we going to be given 3D glasses? :pac:

Advertisement