Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Modeselector and Apparat would be whopper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Modeselector and Apparat would be whopper

I think that's been done before LOL, they're called Moderat. Looking forward to this Line-up even though I know I'll be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

nocoverart wrote: »
    I think that's been done before LOL, they're called Moderat. Looking forward to this Line-up even though I know I'll be disappointed.

:rolleyes:

I meant seeing them would be whopper, LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭eldest200

Could Blur be a possibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

lc180 wrote: »
    Melt Festival in Germany announced its line-up. Its the same weekend as Latitude & Longitude. Same style of festival too so possible that a few of the acts might appear tomorrow on the lineup for Marlay Park.

All confirmed acts so far

Alt-J | Azealia Banks | Bambounou | Julio Bashmore | Barnt | Ben UFO | James Blake | Chvrches | Dan Deacon | Daughter | Marcel Dettmann | Disclosure | Django Django | DJ Koze | Eats Everything | Everything Everything | Ellen Allien | Fantastic Mr Fox | Flying Lotus | Function | Get Physical Special feat. Andhim, Catz 'N Dogz, M.A.N.D.Y., Smash TV (live), Wankelmut | Henrik Schwarz & Band | James Holden | Joy Orbison | Karenn | Kettcar | King Krule | Ben Klock | Laing | Christian Löffler | Modeselektor & Apparat (DJ-Set) | Mount Kimbie | Miss Kittin (live) | Mykki Blanco | The Knife | Oliver Koletzki | Markus Kavka | Owen Pallett | Purity Ring | Rebel Rave @ Big Wheel feat. Art Department, Jamie Jones, Damian Lazarus u.a. | Roosevelt | Rudimental | Ry/Frank Wiedemann | SBTRKT (DJ-Set) | Schwarzmann (live) | Scuba | Shields | Sinkane | Solomun | Swim Deep | The 1975 | Todd Terje & Lindstrøm live | Otto Von Schirach | Woodkid | Zebra Katz and many more to be announced..

Sorry for the copy and paste.....

If this is anything to go by, it will be a mega lineup

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Melt Festival in Germany announced its line-up. Its the same weekend as Latitude & Longitude. Same style of festival too so possible that a few of the acts might appear tomorrow on the lineup for Marlay Park.

Alt-J | Azealia Banks | Bambounou | Julio Bashmore | Barnt | Ben UFO | James Blake | Chvrches | Dan Deacon | Daughter | Marcel Dettmann | Disclosure | Django Django | DJ Koze | Eats Everything | Everything Everything | Ellen Allien | Fantastic Mr Fox | Flying Lotus | Function | Get Physical Special feat. Andhim, Catz 'N Dogz, M.A.N.D.Y., Smash TV (live), Wankelmut | Henrik Schwarz & Band | James Holden | Joy Orbison | Karenn | Kettcar | King Krule | Ben Klock | Laing | Christian Löffler | Modeselektor & Apparat (DJ-Set) | Mount Kimbie | Miss Kittin (live) | Mykki Blanco | The Knife | Oliver Koletzki | Markus Kavka | Owen Pallett | Purity Ring | Rebel Rave @ Big Wheel feat. Art Department, Jamie Jones, Damian Lazarus u.a. | Roosevelt | Rudimental | Ry/Frank Wiedemann | SBTRKT (DJ-Set) | Schwarzmann (live) | Scuba | Shields | Sinkane | Solomun | Swim Deep | The 1975 | Todd Terje & Lindstrøm live | Otto Von Schirach | Woodkid | Zebra Katz and many more to be announced..

Sadly that line up would bore me to tears ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Tickets on sale March 4th.

They've confirmed one day tickets can be bought aswell if there was any doubts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

eldest200 wrote: »
    Could Blur be a possibility?
    no, playing the IMMA in Kilmainham this summer apparently.

Wash your mouth out!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Class..!! hope your right..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Gideon Graves

Thinking Ben Howard, The Foals or Ed Sheeran will be likely bets for tomorrow's announcement. Ed Sheeran has a pretty strong fanbase and he played Latitude before as well.

exilec wrote: »
    Class..!! hope your right..:)
    i'm going by someone who works for POD who said it on the EP message board. they've given plenty of inside tips and leaks in previous years that turned out to be true, so highly likely this will be too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Might be reading too much into it but the official Latitude twitter page retweeted someone who asked if The Horrors will be playing?

Could be a hint? Id be happy if it was accurate anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Have to agree, pretty boring line up and nothing that I would pay over 50 euro for.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If POD did get Blur then thats a massive selling point for FF and will nearly mean a sell out especially for the day they play.

Wonder what time they will announce at , morning/midday/afternoon

Mr.S wrote: »
    MCD would want to announce more then 3 bands as the first announcement!

--

Also Melt's lineup is amazing, but it would be wasted here, it wouldn't sell well.

Yes, that line-up would be be wasted here because the majority of this country has no bloody taste! Like in all seriousness ya have people wanting ED bloody Sheeran :mad:

If POD did get Blur then thats a massive selling point for FF and will nearly mean a sell out especially for the day they play.

Wonder what time they will announce at , morning/midday/afternoon
    they won't be playing there as part of FF, it will be a separate gig/event.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

id be happy with that line up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

If that was the lineup then I'd only get a day ticket to see The Knife if I'm being honest...

If that was the lineup then I'd only get a day ticket to see The Knife if I'm being honest...

I'd get a weekend ticket just to see The Knife alone LOL. Anyway, the Longitude line-up is going to be nothing like the Melt line-up, Melt has always been more Electronic orientated with a bit of "Indie" thrown in where as most festivals on a similar scale have been the opposite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Lineup will be out this evening according to MCD twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

This evening? Boo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

yeah yeah yeahs?

yeah yeah yeahs?
    quite possible, they're at TITP the weekend before, with nothing else in Europe announced for the rest of the summer, and do seem like a typical Latitude act going on past lineups...

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭deeks

All over my twitter feed at the moment that Kraftwerk will be one of the headliners.

them plus Vampire Weekend is what I've heard...
    Atoms for Peace being talked about too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

so does that mean this will be the EDM festival then..

them plus Vampire Weekend is what I've heard...
    Atoms for Peace being talked about too.

Couldn't give a flying fcuk about Vampire Weekend, but Atoms for Peace and Kraftwerk would be very nice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

kraftwerk i am kloot and the pet shop boys will be playing.each night over by 11

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

kraftwerk would be cool as i missed them when they played kilmainham.not really hoping for james blake, i couldnt see him being any use at a vestival but he's good in his own venue!!

Advertisement