Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My News

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

A friend informed me that Cadbury's Philadelphia is old news to her, as she has been using equal parts of Nutella and Philadelphia as a snack for years.

I literally didn't absorb another word she said for the next half hour, and possibly will receive a speeding ticket in the post, such was my eagerness to get home and try this out.

Verdict: A-MAZ-ING! I'll have to stop buying both immediately though, as I am on a weight loss mission. Why does unhealthiness taste so good?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My News.

This weekend, I have mostly been eating chunky kitkats. Now I don't have any left and I really want one and I'm sad that I eated them all at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Auntie Psychotic

My News

I'm fighting with my best friend. I can't remember the last time I cried, but we never fight & it took me by such surprise I just broke down in tears.
    It's given me a very big sad.

That's my news

Auntie P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭ashers222

My back is really hurting. I'm sitting for about 10-12 hours a day (working from home) and I only have a hard wooden chair and flimsy little metal desk which is too low for the chair. That's my news today.

If anyone had any suggestions of what to do about my back pain or of a cheap way to solve my chair/desk problem, I would be very happy.
    I was reading about a thing called posture plast in the paper today, sounds like it would be perfect job for you. Obviously sitting arseways at your desk is not going to help but until you can get it sorted I concur with a couple of nurofen and maybe something like voltarol gel or a painfreeze pack.
    I think I want one of those posture plasts myself, they look the buisness.

In other news:

It was very cold today but I still managed to brave the chill to pick up my new cooker. It's feckin lovely and I can't wait to cook some great meals with it.
    I also realised that the medication I'm on makes me slightly hyper when I take it first which is funny but then I realised it helps me do things faster albeit for a short burst of time too. I think I could become addicted. I have a very observant work colleague who points these things out to me, otherwise I'd be none the wiser.

Hope you get better soon foxinsox and really happy that you met your friend Itwasntme, your post today was inspiring.

that's my news for today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

My news.

I had a bit of a misunderstanding today when I told my brother that I'm throwing out the years and years worth of accumulated clutter that is clogging up the front room. He thought it was a good idea, and asked what I was going to do with all of the boxes of books I have in there. Silly guy, he hasn't figured out yet that I'm throwing out the rest of the stuff to make room for the books.

Some people have no sense of priorities, but soon I'll have a library, so I win :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Gongoozler wrote: »
    My news: there isn't much to keep me from quitting my job. and depending on how a meeting goes later, today may be the day.
    And back to our earlier news story, i did not quit though i was tempted. i apparently should know my place, which does not include suggesting my 'boss' do her job.
    Good news though is that i can finish my project much sooner than thought. therefore i can leave much sooner than i thought. Though that would not be good for my money purse. though good for my mental head. so it is a decision i will have to make soon.
    for this i will need lots of nommy goodness. kindly send your noms to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

My News

The weather is cold and it's raining. I don't like rain or cold. I hope it's sunny tomorrow. I like the warm.

The End.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

My news:

My wife gave birth to our daughter in the dining room before we made it to hospital and before any help could arrive.

Just me. My wife and my dad.

Awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭ashers222

Smoggy wrote: »
    My news:

My wife gave birth to our daughter in the dining room before we made it to hospital and before any help could arrive.

Awesome.
    wow, congrats! that is amazing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

My news:

Awesome.

Congrats Smoggy and Mrs. Smoggy and Smoggy's Dad!
    Happy Birthday lil Smoggy!

That is the bestest news ever :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

My news:

Awesome.

Jayzus... happy days. Time for some music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEC4TZsy-Y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I feel great today and much improved over yesterday. I need to tackle some important emails I've been putting off for a few days and all should be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

My news:

Awesome.

Congrats - that is amazing! I showed my husband this post and he went very very pale. I don't think it ocurred to him that this could happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Today I caved and finally ordered a pair of Adidas Adipowers. I am very happy now. Here is a poor video of someone else's pair

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

My News

I've got a headcold and I feel like crap, it sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

Congrats - that is amazing! I showed my husband this post and he went very very pale. I don't think it ocurred to him that this could happen!

Funny as neither did I. I wasn't prepared in ANY way. I stand testament that it does happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Funny as neither did I. I wasn't prepared in ANY way. I stand testament that it does happen

Lol - I might get him to read up a bit on it now, you never know!

Well done to you and your Dad anyway - and especially well done to your wife!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My news:

Awesome.

Congrats to all:)

Fab news indeed

By the way, You've set the news bar very high, it will be a long time before any one beats that :):)

My news:

Awesome.

Woot, that's awesome, congrats Smoggy!

Best wishes to yourself and Mrs. Smoggy and Lil' Smoggy and Grampa Smoggy :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 329 ✭✭Cereal Number

mattjack wrote: »
    Jayzus... happy days. Time for some music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEC4TZsy-Y

Ermmm........:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

What's confusing you Cereal?
    my news so far today: i got a bus to work. It is a bus with lots of free and pretty seats. i sat in one. by myself. i was minding my own business enjoying my lovely seat, when at a stop a woman got on and came back as far as my pretty seat. she said sorry. i was confused as she seemed to be indicating she wished to sit beside me, but this surely could not be when there are 3 entirely free seats she could have chosen. so i concluded that she must think I'm pretty. just like the seats. but probably nicer.
    she is in her 60's though. i do not think she is pretty.

that is my news for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

My News:

Today is Morphine it is especial day I added just this week.

Member yesterday I was sick, well, it escalemated so I went to the doctor. I told him I was roasting and freezing, headache and everyache, vomiting that wasn't projectable.

He said I am not pregnant like mattjack said, he actually said that you can't get pregnant from kissing boys. So yous need to be learning bout stuff, acos that's important thing to know.

In alls an anyways, I was crying and I told the doctor my head was going to asplode from the bluddy pain.

He said to bend over, me crying cos my head hurts, I thought he was going to slap my bum for thinking u get a baby from kissing... Thanks mattjack.

He didnt, he gave me an injection called morphine to stop my head hurting. It hurt my bum.

So morphine makes me all funny and weird... Yeah I know u are thinking that fox is a bit funny and weird anyway.

So yeah... Chilling on morphine afternoon.

The end

fox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I have a sore throat, and I am fit to kill someone.
    Being stuck in an office on a sunny day isn't helping.

the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm shattered today. Mr Pumpkinseeds is on nights this week and I never sleep well when he's not here:( Am in shed loads of pain,then again when am I not, so that doesn't help. Usually on Tuesday afternoons my neighbours brother brings his grandchild over to whoop and holler and jump around dancing for hours on wood floors. Its really fecking intrusive and annoying to put up with. Bet he doesn't do it in his nice posh area:mad:

Thankfully it hasn't happened today, so far, so Mr Pumpkinseeds can get some sleep. Instead he is scraping paint off the capping stones on the boundary walls so he can repaint them. Which reminds me that I have to paint our wall when the weather gets better. So moan, moan, moan one of these days I will have something happy to report instead of being so whiney:D

Update: feck it anyway the hicks have just arrived with the kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I had sausage this morning. It was very nice. :)

I got bloods taken by the doctor. She says I'm not dying, so that's good news.

Went to college. Had dinner. Back to the library in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Larianne wrote: »
    I had sausage this morning. It was very nice. :)

*sniggers* :D

My News.

Today I throwed loads of useless stuff into a skip. It would appear that my definition of useless isn't the same as my brothers definition. He argued that hundreds and hundreds of books are useless, so I stopped listening because he was clearly not thinking properly and threw out all of the stuff that was lying around in my new library. I don't see what he's complaining about, he already has a full car, what does he need all the extra car parts for? Silly guy.

Then I went to the cinema to see the movie-film of Cloud Atlas. I read the book the other day and it was good and although the movie was good the book was better. I think that book > movie is a good general rule in life, apart from Fight Club, but anything with Helena Bonham Carter in it gets bonus points anyway so that probably doesn't count. I got asked for my student card when I was getting my cinema ticket but I finished college ages ago so I didn't have one, but the rocker girl selling me the ticket was really pretty and we flirted a wee bit so I'm considering the whole thing a win. I think I might go to the cinema again tomorrow :pac:

That is my news,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

My news,

I am very happy today. I had a good day in work today, which is never like me because i hate my job. I accidentally touched my managers nipple, things were a little awkward for about 2 minutes but he didnt care and just laughed at me. I got to do so much dancing in the stockroom and dance like a weirdo like this to really cheesy dad music with my manager. :) Im also deliriously tired, i didnt sleep last night. :o

Now to figure out how to really embarrass my friend tomorrow after work! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

kfallon wrote: »
    *sniggers* :D

Well it was! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Now to figure out how to really embarrass my friend tomorrow after work! :)

Pull down his pants in public!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement