Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My News

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Lisha wrote: »
    That is so sad Bubblewrap.
    Condolences to their family's.

Ya, I know, it's awfully sad. :( It's like a nightmare I haven't woken up from yet.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ya, I know, it's awfully sad. :( It's like a nightmare I haven't woken up from yet.. :(

I reckon most people on here will have lost either a family member or a friend through road accidents.
    It is such a sudden cruel senseless way to lose someone.
    It affects everyone who knew them but the horrific impact on the immediate family is just beyond what words can convey .
    Heartbreaking .
    I wish them peace for the tough road ahead.

mattjack wrote: »

That sounds more like a stroke or heart attack.

In my experience that is exactly what a migraine is like.
    I get about 1-2 of the evil horrible things once a month.

You prob wreaked today izred hope you better.

Any hoo

My News

Some of you might remember the the trauma if a broken drier I suffered lately .
    Well I fixed it but seem to have made shiit of my neck moving drier. Physio needed but that s a whole load of money that I would prefer to spend on the kids, you know luxuries like food shoes and do on.

Well I was out last night in the fair limerick city. Had a yummy dinner with lots of work friends and some great laughs.

Boy child is still sick head cold sore throat and nasty temps by night. Girl child not far behind him
    It's viral hoping to avoid doctor until my own back on Monday . Work will not be happy if I miss work. I only working mon and tue so really need to get there .

Kfallon I need winners to make money on the geegees don't be shy with tips
    Hope you better too.

Auntie p glad you had good night

Cena nasty hand accident hope you ok

Mr Spaceman, you make me laugh , I love French fancies too. Please stop my diet really failing.

Esoteric lol on the drunken peeing. Boys and their willes are just daft after drink .
    Yeuch though

I've missed out on loads I know
    Happy Sunday All

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Yep migraines are truly evil. I used to get a lot of them, some where so bad you'd just want to scream, but screaming would hurt too much. A nice added bonus of becoming a vegetarian is that I haven't had a migraine since.

Yep migraines are truly evil. I used to get a lot of them, some where so bad you'd just want to scream, but screaming would hurt too much. A nice added bonus of becoming a vegetarian is that I haven't had a migraine since.

That very interesting delighted you've seen such a positive impact :)
    Definitely if I eat too much acidic foods I really suffer
    My fear of vegitarinism is that I would totally over eat carbs :(

• Advertisement

I was really surprised that the migraines stopped, it wasn't the reason that I stopped eating meat. I just realised one day that I hadn't had a migraine for over a year and now its 3 years later and thankfully I'm still free of them. I do eat fish, I'm not very bothered about food so I tend to use a lot of quorn and I just substitute it instead of chicken or meat. My husband eats meat so its just easier to do the quorn version of chilli or curry etc for me if i'm doing the meat version for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I was really surprised that the migraines stopped, it wasn't the reason that I stopped eating meat. I just realised one day that I hadn't had a migraine for over a year and now its 3 years later and thankfully I'm still free of them. I do eat fish, I'm not very bothered about food so I tend to use a lot of quorn and I just substitute it instead of chicken or meat. My husband eats meat so its just easier to do the quorn version of chilli or curry etc for me if i'm doing the meat version for him.

Do you still eat dairy?

Ah just remembered I forgot to say I love the smell of welding.

Yum, thanks for reminding me guys

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭ashers222

My news:

It's Sunday and it's my first whole day off where I don't have to do anything all week and it's lovely cuz I'm lying in bed and drinking tea.
    Yesterday I decided to not sleep so I could get up early and go to a sale to buy a hob and oven package and got a bargain with 200 euro off! and then I went to work like a zombie for the day.
    I haven't had beer in aaages because I'm not allowed to drink when I'm training but today I get to break the fast and I'm going to the pub to watch the football with my friends. My favourite team are playing today so hopefully we will win and the other boys will be madded.
    Before that though me and the doggie are going to go for a walk by the river to have coffee and so she can bark at the swans and I can say hello to the nice girl in the coffee shop :)
    Have a nice Sunday people
    that's my nneews for today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

My news

I am sad. I've been sad for several days now. It's a long, heavy kind of sad. I feel alone and ugly and fat and unlovable. My friend Shamima is coming to visit me today. I am glad because Sham understands me. I might smoke a cigarette with Sham.

• Advertisement

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    My news

I am sad. I've been sad for several days now. It's a long, heavy kind of sad. I feel alone and ugly and fat and unlovable. My friend Shamima is coming to visit me today. I am glad because Sham understands me. I might smoke a cigarette with Sham.

I hate heavy sad. It sucks the joy out of being.
    But can I just say, I ve never met you and I think you are funny, witty, and lovely.
    You deserve to be happy so if needed have a chat with a gp or counsellor and see if you need to do any thing to get you over the hump.
    At the very least have a great chat, cry and laugh with your friend.
    Peace to you

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Today is a good day. It is full of cuddles and tea and I'm playing with lego.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Well uneventful day. had to cross some Ts and dot some dots.

My job quest is taking me to the Orient or more commonly known as the peoples republic of China. so had to print of two flights, when in the internet cafe the song we are young by fun came on and half the cafe started singing it, it might seem weird but I've become quiet accustomed to improntu singing.

after that I had such a craving for a frapachino, I use to slag people that drank them calling them bad names like hippies and libtard students, but they're great. So walked into town to get one, got to town and my local coffee shop was closed, its pretty late here, so went into mcDonalds but there was a queue and I hate queueing, seen a dunk n doughnuts across the road so went to it. on the way I saw a little girl sleeping on the island between the roads, its really left a bitter taste in my mouth, not sure if it was the coffee or guilt, the doughnut however was delicious, pineapple centre, amazing.

walked home, but took the main road, wasn't happy walking through dark alleys again this late, seen a bar looking to hire 'pretty dancers' if only I saw that sign earlier I could have got a job here.

now back at the hotel and I thought this was a myth but there is an actual sport called lingerie football, basically women wearing lingerie playing American football, its every bit as good as it sounds, maybe even a little bit better.

Do you still eat dairy?
    I use organic butter and low fat organic milk, although I've only switched to organic dairy in the past 6 months. I don't like the idea of dairy thats pumped full of steroids etc. I've never eaten a lot of dairy, it doesn't really appeal to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I use organic butter and low fat organic milk, although I've only switched to organic dairy in the past 6 months. I don't like the idea of dairy thats pumped full of steroids etc. I've never eaten a lot of dairy, it doesn't really appeal to me.

Some people get migraines from dairy so thought that might be it.

Yeah cheese is supposed to be a common trigger for them and chocolate. I never got them if I ate one or the other but if I ate them both on the same day that would bring one on. I don't eat much chocolate but when I do its the high quality dark chocolate, I use the excuse that its good for health. I just ignore the calorie content etc:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Brand new again today, God bless dry toast and flat 7Up :D

Went for a bit of a walk this morn and to the supermarket! Lying on the couch now watching the sport, can't beat a lazy Sunday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

mattjack wrote: »

That sounds more like a stroke or heart attack.

Yeah I don't get them often but when I do I get them bad with stroke-like symptoms.

Shouldn't have gone out and drank way too much, so combined with all that and the tablets I was half dazed.
    I feel crap today and really dragged down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

My News:

There is a wee hint of spring in the air in Londres!

However as it is a bit chilly still, I went out today wrapped up and wearing my favourite wooly hat. I looked rather "chic" even if I say so myself.

I had to go to the shop (or the "boutique" I think they are called by) to change a pair of jeans. I wanted the same pair as the ones I bought had some loose threads. That's no good when you need to look "with it".

Anyhoo. I am back at el rancho and waiting for my dinner to be ready. And, as it is a Sunday, I am going to be bold. I have a packet of mini rolls - you know, the Cadbury's ones? Only £1 for six too so these mini rolls do not break the bank of Mr_Spaceman. They have strawberry in them too. Yummo.

So I will eat two of those with a strong cup of tea while reading the Sunday papers after I finish my dinner.

That's all my news

Mr_S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

My News,

I am a little tired. I woke up at 3.45 this morning and had a long chat with my friend because he was awake and i went back to bed at 7. I cooked medium steak for me and my dad and we didnt die and i didnt overcook it. :pac: Then i went to the gym and got memberships fee information and im going to join it this week. Now im watching Top Gear in my pjs and im very happy! And very boring it seems! :)

• Advertisement

My news update:

Well I have finished my dinner. English spuds are so bland compared to the Irish ones.

However the big news is that I was reading my horoscope in the newspaper. It says to me that, "I can do no wrong this week. You are almost certain to come up trumps no matter what dubious things you get up to." *

I can see hopefully job success, bright lights, good times, lots of drinking beer and girls laughing at my jokes and then me kissing these girls maybe. Woo!

Hurrah and huzzah for me!

* this news also applies to anyone born a crabby Cancerian. Bonne chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

My News:

It is Sunday today which is the day before Monday in case yous didn't know that.

I was on a date today for lunch. That's all that news. The end.

feckin grumpy fox

Was your lunch date no fun then, feckin grumpy fox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Was your lunch date no fun then, feckin grumpy fox?

Oh, I thought I gave the full highlights in my news ...

Oh wait ...

I did ...

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

My News:
    Game of thrones season 2, Regrets of doing something stupid after a good night out on Friday, boards and an oven pizza for dinner.

Sundays are dull.

Oh feck it, that's no good, fox. Not too much Sunday lunch date fun. Was this food at lunch tasty, though?

Well it is the start of a new week and we all live and learn by our news.

Onwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

foxinsox wrote: »
    My News:

It is Sunday today which is the day before Monday in case yous didn't know that.

I was on a date today for lunch. That's all that news. The end.

feckin grumpy fox

Did he eat some of your chips because he ordered himself some healthy muck? I HATE people like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 329 ✭✭Cereal Number

My news:

There are bad people on boards in a place called hunting, they like hunting poor creatures; so i went there and abused one for saying he had great craic hunting today and that he killed 3 animals, he couldnt even spell "scent" properly. So I said "great craic murdering animals...".

Now I cant go to that place anymore as some police person called Cass said it wasnt very nice :(

That is my news

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

My news update:

However the big news is that I was reading my horoscope in the newspaper. It says to me that, "I can do no wrong this week. You are almost certain to come up trumps no matter what dubious things you get up to." *

[SIZE="1"]* this news also applies to anyone born a crabby Cancerian. Bonne chance![/SIZE]

I really really hope this is right. Tomorrow I am going to meet a new group of people and I get scared doing that kind of thing. And on Tuesday I have to go to an important meeting which I am scared about too

Please please please ...

Right now I am trying to keep my little one asleep. While my MIL was cooking the Sunday chicken my FIL was looking after the little one and I got a chance to paint my nails. They look pretty. It's been ages since they looked pretty

I had a cup of tea too close to bed time. I feel sick now.

• Advertisement

My news:

There are bad people on boards in a place called hunting, they like hunting poor creatures; so i went there and abused one for saying he had great craic hunting today and that he killed 3 animals, he couldnt even spell "scent" properly. So I said "great craic murdering animals...".

I agree. These are bad people. Very bad people. Come on and god speed the foxes and other hunted animals!
    MintyDoris wrote: »
    I really really hope this is right. Tomorrow I am going to meet a new group of people and I get scared doing that kind of thing. And on Tuesday I have to go to an important meeting which I am scared about too

Please please please ...

Hey, just relax! If it's in the stars, it's in the stars... it's all good!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement