Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My News

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

foxinsox wrote: »
    My News:

It is Sunday today which is the day before Monday in case yous didn't know that.

I was on a date today for lunch. That's all that news. The end.

feckin grumpy fox

Need a hug?

My back is really hurting. I'm sitting for about 10-12 hours a day (working from home) and I only have a hard wooden chair and flimsy little metal desk which is too low for the chair. That's my news today.

If anyone had any suggestions of what to do about my back pain or of a cheap way to solve my chair/desk problem, I would be very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Went to the library today at 10.30am. Worked on two assignments. Stayed there till 5.30pm.

Went home, had dinner. Parents came over with hot cross buns. Had some tea and a bun.

Just ate some pringles. Once you pop, you can't stop indeed. :o

Sundays are crapdays. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

My back is really hurting. I'm sitting for about 10-12 hours a day (working from home) and I only have a hard wooden chair and flimsy little metal desk which is too low for the chair. That's my news today.

If anyone had any suggestions of what to do about my back pain or of a cheap way to solve my chair/desk problem, I would be very happy.

http://www.bargaintown.ie/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=Desk

Izzy, try this. It's got to be worth it to save your back!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 329 ✭✭Cereal Number

I hope the bad hunting people dont get foxinsox! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭ronjo

My 2 year old has a totally blocked nose and keeps waking up crying so I am sitting beside her bed. She normally sleeps through the night but is very unhappy at the moment and I don't want to leave her.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Jeez, sort yourself out with a proper ergonomic desk and chair. Ikea maybe? Adverts also.

Also, take regular breaks in sitting. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Hi Rose Colossal Crab

If you can't replace the table and chair could you maybe use something to raise table level. ? Just until you can replace them

Or use kitchen table?

Hope you get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Mod

From the charter

please do not insult other forums or groups of posters here in after hours. This is not the place to knock other forums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭ashers222

My team won, I had beer and today was a good day.

(p.s. hello lizt)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I went to work. Stalker did not appear, thankfully.

I got a call in work from the owner, telling me to do a job today, that my manager is supposed to do on Monday mornings, as it's one of her mangerial duties. But no, I had to do it today.

The button fell off of my jeans, even though they're too big for me. I spent most of the day re-attaching it and exposing my stomach and backside to unsuspecting customers when the button fell off again around them.

I decided to jog/run home and managed to do 5k in 32 minutes, which is a good time for me since I never go running. :pac:

I've done pretty much nothing since I got home. I did some cleaning and college work, but nothing else. I didn't even cook my dinner. :D

I have lots of things on my mind to think about tonight, so I doubt I'll be sleeping much, wahey for stress. :-/

That has been my day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Put a hot water bottle on your back where it hurts(obviously not directly on the skin:D).
    I find it helps!!
    Couple of Nurofen wouldn't go astray either;)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ccheidi

Smidge wrote: »

Put a hot water bottle on your back where it hurts(obviously not directly on the skin:D).
    I find it helps!!
    Couple of Nurofen wouldn't go astray either;)

Advice: please be careful that you don't take the Nurofen on an empty stomach!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Ccheidi wrote: »
    Advice: please be careful that you don't take the Nurofen on an empty stomach!!

Or a stomach full of beer;)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭cuana

Well My Day:

Slept in until about 12! chilled out for the day until I got a fit of energy went for a walk, visited a buddy! while driving to my friends I sang along very loudly & badly to music on the radio (guilty pleasure)

I bumped into a fella walking out of a public toilet while he was still zipping up his trousers yuck I can only assume he didn't wash his hands either - disgust

I missed my friend we had fallen out he upset me deeply awhile ago it took him two months to apologize!! stubborn fcuker

It would be worth your while to invest in a good chair if you work from home regularly! make sure your posture is right if your sitting it really makes a big difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

My News:

I am sick today. I am hot very hot and then I am freezing my head is aburstin with ache. My mam says its probability the fecking flu. I have bin in my bed since yesterday last night. I'm still in bed. I wish the fecking flu will feck off.

The end

fox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I am hot very hot and then I am freezing

Menopause :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

My news: there isn't much to keep me from quitting my job. and depending on how a meeting goes later, today may be the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

My news...

It's cold

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭ashers222

it's very feckin cold :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭ronjo

I am pretty tired today because my daughter was ill last night but she came running into our bedroom this morning at 7.30 and was happy so that made me happy.

My wife says her nose is not running as much today so hopefully she is over the worst.

Its really sunny where I am and probably the warmest day so far this year. We had a real long winter so nice to see Spring.

Finally, I got an email from my golf club saying they are opening on Friday after the winter.

All is good today even though its Monday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Today I bought life insurance - I feel truly grown up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

My news -

Was woken up at half eight by workmen coming to fit new windows. They also accidentally got a bit of a flash when I was getting changed, as I didn't know they were on a ladder, measuring my bedroom window. Poor guys.

I tried to get a doc appointment for something that I need done, but couldn't get one til Thursday, boo.

I'm in work, bored silly, working by myself. targets for the day have been hit already, thankfully.

I got subway for breakfast because I'm fat.

I have college later, and haven't had time to do an assignment. Oh well!

Lots of lovely stuff planned for the week after work, so happy days. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I saw my friend Sham last night. God she is beautiful! She doesn't think so though because all her London friends are model thin people who never eat chips, so she's getting really thin which is not the best look for her. We laughed a lot and bonded over our general restlessness and constant need for stimulation; our perfectionist tendencies; our inability to follow directions no matter how straightforward; our terrible procrastinating habits and in the end, we came to the conclusion that we are the same person :). I laughed especially hard when she said wistfully that it's a pity she was born Bangladeshi moslem because she would have made a excellent middle class white girl. It was a joke but it's hard for her to reconcile her life in the city with the expectations from her family and culture. I can relate.

I had a sneaky cigarette just because it reminded me of the times when Sham and I used to come home from work in Rwanda, sit on our porch with tea and a smoke and stare out at the hills. I miss that. The cigarette tasted foul and smelt even worse. I am glad I quit.

I can see a ray of sun peeping through the dark cloud that has been hanging over me. If I turn my face towards it, I can almost feel its warmth on my face. It's a comforting feeling.

Seeing as I thought everything was in order for my visa application this morning I received in the post my written application for my Garda clearance DRAMA! So I had to go back into town an re submit the application which apparently never made it upstairs.... :confused:

If I'd seen the young punk that had accepted the application in the first place I would have had a few choice words for him! :mad:

One of my best friends and his wife just had a baby. I am very happy for them and relieved it all went well (they're older parents). Sad that I can't see the lil baby for a good few months though because they live in another country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My News

I got my hair cut Saturday and now after washing it myself it still looks great.
    Also so happy grey roots are gone (for a while at least):)

It is very cold.
    No frost in the morning I hope :(

Lisha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

My News:

I am sick today. I am hot very hot and then I am freezing my head is aburstin with ache. My mam says its probability the fecking flu. I have bin in my bed since yesterday last night. I'm still in bed. I wish the fecking flu will feck off.

The end

fox

Pregnant ? all them boys ya kissed made ya pregnant.Everyone knows kissin' can make ya pregnant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

My news:

I went to school today. My mother went to Birr. My dad went to my uncle's.

The end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement