Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 18 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Dónal wrote: »

Well keep in mind there's talk that Sterling might be rested in the coming games as well if Rodgers' recent comments are anything to go by. You could just leave it. Up to you.

Yeah I heard those comments, I just can't see it happening. I think it would be crazy of them to rest him. He's been one of their most dangerous players so far and they can't risk it. Liverpool have 4 must win games in the space of 12 days over the Christmas period, against what should be weaker opposition in Rodgers' eyes if his target of 4th place is to be believed. I think has to field his best team in all of these games, if they lose one or two Liverpool could easily find themselves 16th or 17th after Christmas.

That's just my take on it, I could be completely wrong, and Sterling could be rested to give Joe "Scores Goals" Cole a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Ran good last week bringing Cazorla in for Nolan and having a great month overall but have gone with a rare point hit taking out Fellaini and McCarthy and bringing in Mata and Guthrie. Leaves me with:

Begovic Jussi

Clyne Cameron Clarke Cuellar Shorey

Bale Mata Cazorla Michu Guthrie

Tevez Defoe Van Persie

Depending on how Torres is playing I may downgrade Jussi and Cameron/Cuellar to bring him in for Defoe when wildcarding, alternatively I should be able to get Felaini back for similar to the 7.8 I sold him for and strengthen the defence slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

bohsman wrote: »
    Ran good last week bringing Cazorla in for Nolan and having a great month overall but have gone with a rare point hit taking out Fellaini and McCarthy and bringing in Mata and Guthrie. Leaves me with:

Begovic Jussi

Tevez Defoe Van Persie

Depending on how Torres is playing I may downgrade Jussi and Cameron/Cuellar to bring him in for Defoe when wildcarding, alternatively I should be able to get Felaini back for similar to the 7.8 I sold him for and strengthen the defence slightly.
    Why Guthrie, he doesn't play, its important to have all your subs playing over the xmas period

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Begovic Jussi

Tevez Defoe Van Persie

No offence, but why would you take a point hit to bring in someone who doesn't play (Guthrie)? I appreciate you may have been juggling to get Mata in but there must have been someone else in the price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

This years Ferguson. I don't need 5 playing midfielders and I will rarely or ever want to play 5 of them. Felaini and McCarthy look to be out of next weeks fixtures with Bale not certain either. It's a 3 week gamble while I decide what to do with the wildcard. Obviously Bale being out and Mata and Tevez both being rested would be a blow but even at that worst case scenario I should be able to field 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

This years Ferguson. I don't need 5 playing midfielders and I will rarely or ever want to play 5 of them. Felaini and McCarthy look to be out of next weeks fixtures with Bale not certain either. It's a 3 week gamble while I decide what to do with the wildcard. Obviously Bale being out and Mata and Tevez both being rested would be a blow but even at that worst case scenario I should be able to field 11.

Two words..christmas rotation.

Your call, but it's madness having someone who won't play. At least bring in someone who will get you 2 points if you need him to come off the subs bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Excellent Article on the whole Fellani issue......

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2012/12/18/the-fellaini-exit-route/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Fritzl Funderland

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Up front I have Rooney, VP and Suarez. Would it be worth taking a four point hit to get in some City cover up front? Maybe Suarez or Rooney? All I have is Yaya as City cover V Reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

Soccer is a funny old game .....everyone is expecting city to absolutely hammer reading .......in sure Brian McDermott will be doing all in his power to avoid it after last Monday night ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

km79 wrote: »
    Soccer is a funny old game .....everyone is expecting city to absolutely hammer reading .......in sure Brian McDermott will be doing all in his power to avoid it after last Monday night ....

it could very easily be 1-0 with Dzeko scoring though Im hoping for an Aguero hatrick and a Yaya special :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

I'm hoping for the Tevez show with a special appearance from Yaya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Tevez will be rested knowing my luck, added to that I have Cazorla and O'Brien missing for the following week, it could be a crapping xmas fantasy wise if the likes of mata and rvp get rested, also have to work bale back into the side when he is back fit to take advantage of spurs easier fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

irish son wrote: »

it could very easily be 1-0 with Dzeko scoring though Im hoping for an Aguero hatrick and a Yaya special :cool:

they've conceded 13 in their last 4, i fully expect a rout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

manual_man wrote: »

I expect it too but Im just saying alot are banking on it and there are no sure things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm pondering over Shawcross to Zabaleta, given their respective fixtures over the next few weeks (it's especially tempting with Reading this weekend). Zabaleta is on a good run of starts, though I'm wary of potential rotation. I'm wondering when Mancini will decide Maicon needs some starts. The other thing stopping me is that I got Shawcross at 5.0, and he's 5.8 now so if I brought him back it'd be at a 0.4 loss. That and he's a bonus point magnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

I've just taken a hit to sell Enrique and buy Zabaletta. Enrique going down in price soon and Zab going up. Plus I have/had 3 Liverpool players which might be considered the definition of insanity. Zabaletta seems to be some kind of a bonus point magnet lately too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

G1032 wrote: »
    I've just taken a hit to sell Enrique and buy Zabaletta. Enrique going down in price soon and Zab going up. Plus I have/had 3 Liverpool players which might be considered the definition of insanity. Zabaletta seems to be some kind of a bonus point magnet lately too.

Enrique is expected to be back at the weekend, and could easily score well at home to Fulham. Not too sure I would have been taking that hit, but fair play if it comes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Crap in trouble this week have 2 suspended players and 2 injured

cant decide what to do will keep Enrique though.

Any tips willing to take a 4pt hit

Jussi - Tremmel
    Bassong - Riise - Shawcross - Enrique - McCartney
    Michu - Fellani - Nolan - Sterling - Mikel
    Tevez - Defoe - RVP

By the way have moved up 300,000 + places with tips from you guys, Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

kilburn wrote: »
    Crap in trouble this week have 2 suspended players and 2 injured

cant decide what to do will keep Enrique though.

Any tips willing to take a 4pt hit

Jussi - Tremmel
    Bassong - Riise - Shawcross - Enrique - McCartney
    Michu - Fellani - Nolan - Sterling - Mikel
    Tevez - Defoe - RVP

By the way have moved up 300,000 + places with tips from you guys, Thanks !

Fellaini suspended,Sterling to be rested according to Rodgers & Mikel:eek:

In reality,atm you only have 2 midfielders that will get you some kind of points.
    Up front & in defense you aren't too bad so concentrate on getting the midfield sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

considering Fellani to yaya and mikel to either Puncheon or Johnson as both have better game time and decent sub options

Bale back in training! Posted it on his Facebook page.

Does anyone know if Sterling is rested will he be given the whole match off or just left on the bench in case he's needed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Green Brigade

Don't fotget Bale is 1 yellow away from a suspension.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

manual_man wrote: »

As do I, but who to go for? Which of your fantastic strikers do you take out of your team (and lets face it, all the big strikers have favourable fixtures) in order to take a gamble on Mancini's striker roulette?

Mancini has a habit of giving fringe players games when such fixtures present themselves. For example, I'm pretty sure Scott Sinclair will get a start.

Now Mancini might say "fcuk it, lets give the fans lots of goals and start Ageuro and Tevez AND Dzeko". But he is smarter than that. It's an easy fixture at the start of a very busy period. Dzeko is unhappy on the bench...will there be a better time to play him in the league than at home VS Reading? Ballotelli has accepted his punishment but is low on confidence...perhaps feed the Reading porous backline to him?

I think Silva or Yaya for now, and if Mancini says one of the strikers will start, I'll probably bring him in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

kilburn wrote: »
    considering Fellani to yaya and mikel to either Puncheon or Johnson as both have better game time and decent sub options

get rid of Mikel as fast as you can. YaYa and Puncheon are fine.

I am so torn for a captain this week. Ba has QPR, RVP has Swansea and Tevez has Reading.

Ba could misfire, Tevez is a rotation risk and RVP has probably the toughest fixture of the three.

In other news I got in Puncheon & Yaya for Noble & Fellaini.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I have 4 of my first 11 doubtful (Enrique, Rafael, Bale, Fletcher) and Sterling on the bench who looks likely to be rested.

I think Bale and Fletcher will play, but my defence is in pieces!

Enrique is hoping to be fit for the weekend. Check out his twitter account, think he was back in training.

"Just having some treatment and massage to recover from hard training from yesterday. Hope be back for saturday.can't wait to play again"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Would love it if he came back. Definite chance of points against a mis-firing Fulham.

Advertisement