Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options
1238239240241242244»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It was a particicularly despicable behaviour, abusing and manipulating starving people, including children through a basic human need. Nothing to do with souls. Or with Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Odd happening in my home recently. A loved one passed away over a year ago and I was reading about strange events associated with death in the past week.

My hall ight is coming on by itself. Has come on a few times now but I don't remember switching it on. After a few times I switched it off and noted the fact and waited. Lo and behold it came on again!

I was the only one in the house at the time the delay was about an hour.

Is someone/thing trying to get through to me from beyond?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

One. As far as I recall. Nobody else about usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Get the wiring checked, it's likely an electrical fault.

• Advertisement

I guess so. There was some lightning recently. Change the switch, it's old anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Photobox

Many years ago a friend was staying with me with her friend who I didn't really know. They were going to a concert, while they were getting ready, I was talking to my friend's friend the words 'Dad' and 'Father' kept going over and over in my head, didn't think anything of it and forgot about it, later on that evening, they both arrived back early, the friends father had passed away suddenly and they had to go home. I couldn't believe it, freakiest thing to ever happen to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

I was standing smoking outside an Irish pub in Melbourne and 3 lads came accros the road. One asked me for a lighter and after a brief exchange of words I learned they were all from the main town in my county and were as rough as toast.

Before I said I'm from such and such town one guy asked me if I knew (my full name) from (my town) and if he (me) was in the pub. They were as rough looking and I hadn't a clue who they were . I just said no sorry lads don't know him.

I had gotten a bad vibe from them as soon as I met them. Proper rough fellas. Freaked me out a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Strange one this evening.

Was on the phone to my mate and half way through the conversation the dog walked into the living room. I said to my mate "the dog is after coming in, she obviously wants out to use the toilet".

I opened the back door and let her out and went back to my call. About an hour later the front door rang and I answered it (my daughter forgot her key). As I closed the front door the dog walked into the hall. I never let the dog back in and there was nobody else in the house only me. No way in the world could she have got in any other way.

• Advertisement

Could she have come in the front door when you opened it (distracted by your daughter)?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

100% not. 2 8 foot solid wooden gates which are key locked constantly. Cannot fathom how she got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 theadoracarmen

This is how I decided on my name on boards! A picture painted by my hubbie's late Grandfather fell off the wall, and the following week his mum passed away. I definitely believe in this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm just curious, if a picture falls of a wall does that mean the person in said picture is definitely going to die? If not, then how do you decide if a person will die when a picture of them falls of the wall. What percentage of people die when a picture of them falls off the wall?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

100% of people will die, unless they are already dead, so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Something in this!

A few strange incidents after my Dad died which I'm not going into.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

How long in between the picture falling and person dying is allowed before the two events become unrelated?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

If it is a very heavy picture, and falls from a height on to the actual subject's head, they may well die. Otherwise, ...

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I read all these posts about photographs falling yesterday. I came into my home office this morning and one picture was face down on the bed having fallen from a shelf. There is no real reason for it to have fallen, no one has been near it or been in the room other than me yesterday. It was sitting on a shelf like this one in the pic alongside a few other different sized frames (one bigger, 2 smaller all still up where they should be). There is only one person in the photo that fell. It's me :/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That probably means you're getting married, as you're not on the shelf any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Recently, someone sent a "parable" on what's app to the family group with the punchline "without Jesus you are nothing".

This was making me really angry and agitated. While crossing at a junction at which I had right of way, but was thinking about this, a car turned right and nearly hit me.

Now, I don't want anybody to read anything into this except, when you are crossing the road

"keep watching, that's the code".

😃

Sounds like a 'villains interview'. They probably knew who you were and were sussing you out.

Post edited by saabsaab on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Be right back

While watching Gogglebox, two of the regulars were watching a paranormal show on Netflix, when a picture fell off the wall behind them..

Anything odd happen this Halloween? Keep seeing white feathers around ,,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

About 6 months after the oul fella died I was staying in the home place , big house, I was upstairs rolling spliffs and me ma asleep downstairs.

I felt a dead arm , like a rap of knuckles into the arm and a noise, I put it down to tiredness and eventually slept

Next morning my mother asked was I banging on her door at 3am

That was weird

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Nice to see this thread back after almost a years break, will need to update some creepy stories.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lucislator

My husband's grandad died in September of last year. He lived to a grand old age (about 96 I believe) but the last few years of his life he had been bed/chair-bound and his sight and hearing had greatly deteriorated. Safe to say he didn't have a terrific quality of life towards the end, and due to his mobility issues the family had moved his bedroom into a downstairs room just off the main hall so that the nurse/home help could get him in and out of bed more easily.

We travelled to France (where my husband is from) the day after his grandfather had passed. It was incredibly warm, like 30+ degrees at the time, and after a long journey from Dublin (via Belgium) we finally made it to his grandparent's house where the rest of the family were waiting for us. My OHs Grandfather was lying at rest in what had been his bedroom while the rest of the family, about 10 people in total, kept busy preparing the house for the funeral and the wake over the following days.

After a couple of hours of tidying and cleaning, we all sat down in the dining room to have lunch. Again, there were about 10 people in the house at that time and we were all (with the exception of my OH's mother) sitting at the table. My OH's mother was in the kitchen preparing some food and was visible from where we were sitting.

The layout of the house is a bit unusual but it's important to the story. As you enter the front door you find yourself in a sort of square hall, maybe 2mX2m. To the left of this hall was the room in which the deceased lay, straight ahead is the sitting/dining room, and to the right of the hall is a long corridor that leads to the kitchen and some other rooms. There is a glass door separating the hall from the dining/sitting room and it's glazed with this heavily frosted, heavily patterned green glass that must have been all the rage when my OH's Grandad built the house back in the 60s.

During the lunch I was sitting with my back to the frosted glass door and at some point during the meal while everyone was chatting and eating I inexplicably turned to look at the door separating the dining room from the hall. I don't know why but I just got the sense that there was someone there. As I did I saw the face of somebody slowly retreating from the glass door and backing into the hall, as though they'd had their face right up against the glass to see who was in there before slowly backing away. The glass was too opaque for me to be able to see clearly who it was or what they were doing but I believe this was my OH's Grandfather coming out of his room to see what all these people were doing in his house. As I mentioned earlier he'd been pretty infirm the last number of years of his life, he was also a very house proud and social person. I don't know why but I find it quite comforting that in death he was once more able to roam about without assistance and keep watch over the house he'd built.

The funeral took place the following day and after the service there was a gathering in the same house. Most of the guests were confined to the house and the front garden but I snook off a couple of times to take a break (I'm not a native French speaker and I get exhausted quite quickly when I'm speaking it all day). There was a small allotment in the back garden where the deceased used to grow vegetables and fruit and I think he kept a goat there at one point. Again, he took a huge amount of pride in his allotment. While I was sitting there I got the feeling once more that there was someone there with me, not in an "oh i feel like someone's watching me" kind of way but a feeling that there was someone sitting literally right beside me. It's hard to put it into words. I didn't see anything the second time but again I put it down to my OH's Grandad taking one last look around the allotment he'd loved so much.

I haven't told my husband or anyone else about my experience. It seemed weird and maybe disrespectful in a way to be like "Oh by the way I think I saw your grandad's ghost walking around when we were having lunch." I've considered telling him on a number of occasions but I'm not sure if he'd be comforted or shaken, so for the time being at least I'll keep it to myself.

Anyway that's my story. Not super terrifying but definitely curious. As far as I know nobody's had similar experiences in the house before or since. My OH's grandmother still lives there so I'm back fairly regularly and haven't had any other incidents myself either.

Post edited by Lucislator on

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

About 6 months ago I saw a shiney black sphere floating through the air near my house. It looked to be a little larger than shoulders width, at first I thought it must be a balloon but when I looked closer it was perfectly round, rather than balloon shaped.

I watched it float at around house gutter level, it went across a road then came to some telephone wires, it rose up and over the telephone cables. Returning to it's original height, it continues on it's path until it came to a house and then repeated the process of rising up and over the house. Once it went over the house, my view was obscured from my position so I've no idea what happened after that.

It was probably just a balloon of some kind but I just thought that something about it was odd, especially when I started to think about what kind of an occasion would require black balloons. I'm not sure I've even seen black ones before, maybe a Guinness promotion or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Yeah, probably something like that but it wasn't Matt in colour like those, it was glossy.

Advertisement