Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Was watching a movie on Netflix. All of a sudden, for absolutely no reason it crossed my mind whether if any hurling was on TV today. Literally, and I mean literally 5 seconds later I got the following email pushed through. And I know how advertising works, no search, no messaging and no emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^

you've got cookies in your head?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭joeguevara

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^

you've got cookies in your head?

If I did, it would have advertised Tipp not Limerick. That’s the unnerving thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

While boards was down a lad called to the house and I decided to go on a political rant. Usually boards is my outlet for those rants but it was down so I had to subject someone in real life to one out of dire necessity.

I said something to the effect of "The Chinese only buy the good stuff from us - houses, factories, stuff that doesn't perish and we continually buy cheap sh1te from them that we have to re-buy in a few years time after it stops working"

The second I uttered that sentence I saw a message arrive on whats app from a +86 number that said "Hello, Mr. Thomas. My aunt asked me to add you and said you found a house I like."

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I was staying in my mothers last year (father died 2017) and i was after having a sneaky spliff and got into bed, next thing i swear i heard me da's voice and felt a dead arm!

Now in the time between wake and sleep these hallucinations can happen and that's fine! but next day my mother was asking me was i banging on her bedroom door looking to get in!!

I obviously wasnt

weird!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Something unnerving I have noticed is that more than a couple of times I have found a perfectly healed scar on one of my hands and I don't remember ever having cut myself. I have a scar on my middle finger today that wasn't there when I was painting my nails a couple of days ago. But the scar looks months old. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭passatman86

Got my covid vaccine this week. No idea why but found the whole process unnerving

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

This just happened and I'm still so confused and unnerved.

Sitting on the couch about to have dinner and my husband is sitting beside me. I suddenly feel someone reach across me as if getting a cushion or remote and blow full force into my ear (sort of like an exhale if you're fed up/sigh). I glanced straight at my husband and said "what are you blowing in my ear for?" And he was dumbfounded. It was so strong that it couldn't have been a draught.

We have a door that connects to a downstairs room just off the attic and everytime I wake up in the morning it's open. I attributed this to my husband leaving it open from the night before, but when I mentioned this to him, he says he didn't leave it open. I'm usually last to bed and first up, so it isn't really possible for him to leave it open as he doesn't get up at night. The last week or so, I've been closing the door and putting my weight up against it, making sure it's closed and again I'll come down some mornings and it's either fully or slightly open. Starting to get a bit freaked 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Definitely and wear a red Star Trek shirt , they're the ones you get killed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I had a vivid dream about an old boyfriend from many years ago. He was a lovely fella and broke my teenage heart at the time. In the dream he was sitting at a bar and he was trying to get my attention, trying to talk to me. I caved in and spoke to him, then I woke up. I instantly felt that he was dead. I went about my day and was driving past one of the big graveyards in town that afternoon and remembered the dream again. When I got home I googled his name and it came up on RIP.ie, he has been dead since 2018. Also he is buried in the graveyard I had driven past earlier. I’d no reason to think he would be dead, a man in his mid 40s and would not have even thought about him in years. Absolutely freaked me out , I’m still not the better of it a few months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

This happened in the 90’s

We were students looking for place to rent and just doing viewings in shared accommodation . One of the viewings was in a large house in the city Center in Cork.

large house surprisingly spacious once you stepped in. Met most of the people who were living there were in the kitchen/living room lovely friendly bunch and a nice vibe. Promising so far.

landlord brought us up to see the bed rooms. This is where I got a horrible feeling or vibe or atmosphere, can’t explain it but I IDID not feel we should be here in one particular bedroom.

not sure why I did this ,asked “did someone die in here?”

landlord didn’t flinch or react ,said no no one died here and quickly changed subject.

we were in house about another 10 min and thanked everyone. Could not rest about the feeling I had.

sad story but someone had died in one of the rooms , and was there for a number of days before found. That’s the story.

landlord just didn’t want to disclose it , but thinking back on their calm unflinching reaction to my out of nowhere question showed how well rehearsed they were.perhaps not the 1st time they were asked it.

^^^^

or maybe you are 'gifted'?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

Hardly gifted . But was unnerving nonetheless. Older buildings all have hidden histories . Must be a landlords night mare . I do always think I always look for the “vibe” in a place above any recommendations I get. I don’t think I could settle in a place if I ignored my first impressions like above .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭saabsaab

True enough. You get a feeling when you first enter a room. Like going into a 'new' pub where you won't be welcome for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

Background. Growing up I always thought I was somehow the odd one out amongst my numerous siblings. I don't know why. I guess I just felt that way.

I know that the year I was born my mother kept a personal diary A large red diary with one day to a page and the year marked out in large gold print. I found that diary many years after my mother died.

The diary had all kinds of entries about things that happened, places visited and things done. That diary covered the entire year. Almost. One page was missing. Torn out. A ragged margin the only reminder that one whole day was no longer there. The detail gone forever. That day? The day I was born. No mention of me at all. And after that year there were no more diaries. I never did find out why the day of my birth warranted such obliteration.

^^^^^^^^^^^

is your name Damien?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

This place is full of spooks though, enough to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

Having lost someone to suicide during the lockdown, there is definitely a presence, but maybe that was there before, who knows. Light bulbs bursting suddenly in two different flats at about the same time, when we checked they had been clearing the last of the person's things from the flat, and they were strangers doing it, as opposed to family members of the deceased. It is a little bit of a twilight zone , but tbh, we love it. We loved that person too, if only we could have communicated it enough that they might have wanted to stay a bit than this side of the veil.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

I wish boards had laughing button instead of just a thanks one, nearly choked on my coffee 😊

• Advertisement

Was there any clue in the diary in lead up to your birth? Any odd entries 9 months earlier?

he was born 6th of the 6th in 66 - he's Beelzebub i tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

A few years back I was painting my front door, Red. Bright red. As I was finishing up I stumbled over the paint can spilling it in the hallway and tripping over. I steadied myself and stood but in the process left a few hand prints in the hallway. I cleaned up the paint on the floor mostly but left the prints for another day. Got a few funny looks when people came over before I repainted the hallway.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It doesn't necessarily mean that it was your mother who ripped the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I was playing a game of bowling on my phone last night. I was in a multiplayer ten pin tournament which lasted for 3 full rounds. I thought I did a good job after I got scores of over 200 points in each round. After I finished playing it; my overall score from the 3 rounds added up to 666. It left me a bit spooked tbh as I didn't expect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

If you had told me twenty years ago that you had been playing a game of bowling on your phone, I would have found you creepy.

• Advertisement

This wasn't unnerving but happened years ago when myself and my younger brother lived at home.

I was in bed one night reading with my bedside lamp on. Decided it was time to sleep so turned off the lamp and turned onto my left hand side to sleep facing the wall. I then felt the duvet tighten, you know like if someone sits on your bed and makes the duvet tighten. That's what it felt like and it was coming from the bottom right hand corner of the bed. I kind of looked back over my shoulder into the dark and saw nothing so stayed lying on my left hand side. I was stoned at the time so thought maybe you're just baked and imagining it or maybe it's some kind of weird atmospheric pressure or something. It did genuinely feel like the duvet was tightened like I said but thought look there's some logical explanation so didn't get freaked out and fell asleep pretty quickly.

The next day I had kind of forgotten about it and had no intention of saying it to anyone but I was in the kitchen making some food when my younger brother came in after sleeping in really late and started making his breakfast and goes to me, something really weird happened last night, it felt like someone was sitting on the end of my bed in the middle of the night. I then was like no way and told him I had the exact same experience and the duvet feeling tightened and that.

Like I said, not mad unnerving or creepy but weird all the same how we both felt it.

Advertisement