Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

One night when I was at college I was in my room and I heard the last person go to bed.
    About half an hour later I was still awake and I heard the patio door slide open and somebody walk through the kitchen and into the hallway.
    Then my bedroom door opened and I was almost frozen in my bed.
    Then my they climbed into bed with me.
    I then realised it was my friend.
    Please tell us the friend was dead.

Not that I want your friends to die, I just want it to be creepy and unnerving.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I was at the supermarket self service till and I dropped a coin. If fell on the ground upright. And stayed standing. I'm regret not taking a pic ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,266 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Did you get lucky?

No.
    Please tell us the friend was dead.

Not that I want your friends to die, I just want it to be creepy and unnerving.

I think he just wanted to talk about his love life.
    Same fella used enjoy drinking lemsip before going to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

One night I was working alone in a small office. Directly across from my desk, about 5 metres away was a door that led to a stairway. This door had a pane of glass in it.

I was working away on the computer, and I began to notice that a light in the stairway was flickering. This happened slowly for a few minutes. Then the light began to flash faster. I couldn’t take my eyes away from the door. Suddenly the light turned on completely. I half expected to see someone staring back at me from the pane of glass. After a while, the light turned off.

I consider myself a logical person and I put the light flickering and being turned on to some loose wiring or something wrong with the bulb.

It was only when I was finishing work about 2 hours after this happened, I had to go to a locker room at the top of the stairs. It was bright out. When I got to the top of the stairs, I decided to see if the light in the stairwell had been switch on.. No.. i pressed the switch causing the light to switch on.. I packed up and got out of the office as quick as I could!

Probably not the most scariest story on here and maybe the reason for the light turning on despite the switch being off can be explained, but it did creep me out! I still do get a strange feeling now whenever I have to work alone there on a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭saabsaab

One night I was working alone in a small office. Directly across from my desk, about 5 metres away was a door that led to a stairway. This door had a pane of glass in it.

I was working away on the computer, and I began to notice that a light in the stairway was flickering. This happened slowly for a few minutes. Then the light began to flash faster. I couldn’t take my eyes away from the door. Suddenly the light turned on completely. I half expected to see someone staring back at me from the pane of glass. After a while, the light turned off.

I consider myself a logical person and I put the light flickering and being turned on to some loose wiring or something wrong with the bulb.

It was only when I was finishing work about 2 hours after this happened, I had to go to a locker room at the top of the stairs. It was bright out. When I got to the top of the stairs, I decided to see if the light in the stairwell had been switch on.. No.. i pressed the switch causing the light to switch on.. I packed up and got out of the office as quick as I could!

Probably not the most scariest story on here and maybe the reason for the light turning on despite the switch being off can be explained, but it did creep me out! I still do get a strange feeling now whenever I have to work alone there on a night.

Time to call an exorcist or an electrician?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

saabsaab wrote: »
    Time to call an exorcist or an electrician?

Or an elexorcist

Or an elexorcist

The Reverend Sparks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Speaking of lights reminds me of an incident that occurred when I was driving my then girlfriend home one night.

I had a 3 door hatchback and not far from her house the interior light at the back (just inside the hatch) came on. When we got to her house I got out and tried to switch it off but no matter what I tried it stayed on - I switched it on and off several times, opened and closed the boot repeatedly but the light stayed on throughout.

Drove home to my house, tried again and failed, and ditto the next day.

Stayed like that for a few days until one day it somehow resolved itself.

When I thought back on it I remembered that the light had come on either at or very close to a location on the road where there had been a double fatality (boyfriend and girlfriend) a year of two previously. The girl had been in the same year in school as my then girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,337 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

My beloved mum died in May last year. Brother got a text message from her phone this morning. All contracts were cancelled months ago. Head officially blown! :eek:

My beloved mum died in May last year. Brother got a text message from her phone this morning. All contracts were cancelled months ago. Head officially blown! :eek:

Don't know about your situation but this might explain?

'Once the account is closed due to non payment or cancellation by a family member, the phone number may be reused. In some cases, it may be reused within 30 days. There aren't enough phone numbers available for phone companies to retire them forever. Reuse of numbers can cause problems.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

What was the message?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Sorry for you loss, may she rest in paradise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

What did the text say?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,337 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

What did the text say?

Something like, ‘I’m coming over later, do you need anything?’ :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Something like, ‘I’m coming over later, do you need anything?’ :eek:

A new pair of jocks....:pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've just come across these, some are quite cool.

https://themindcircle.com/scary-unexplainable-things/

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

I have these neighbours. A couple of years ago they had regular weekend long parties, yes I mean all weekend from Friday night to Sunday afternoon. Turns out the party neighbours were taking drugs and were caught out.
    Since then they have become eirily quiet. The only time I hear them is when I leave my place when they rush to the peephole in their door. I come home and it's so quiet until the moment I turn the key in my door and I hear a commotion from behind their door. I find it extremely creepy. This has been going on around a year. The door keeper is very odd and I hear him gasp whenever the shared hallway light which is movement activated is lit. They barely leave their own apartment and cover their faces when they do.
    Can you be haunted by the living?

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Barney224

Last night, sadly my mother in law passed away and we received the news about 8pm. I went to bed at 9.30pm and read a book for a while with light on. When I turned the light off to sleep, I heard a whooshing sound in the room and thought it was the wind. When I got up I saw a bat flying around, which totally freaked me out! I got out of the room quick enough and told my wife who was downstairs.

When we both went back up to investigate there was no sign of the bat again. The odd thing is that there were no windows open and no other obvious access into the room.

I hope it's not the mother in law coming back to haunt me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Barney224 wrote: »
    Last night, sadly my mother in law passed away and we received the news about 8pm. I went to bed at 9.30pm and read a book for a while with light on. When I turned the light off to sleep, I heard a whooshing sound in the room and thought it was the wind. When I got up I saw a bat flying around, which totally freaked me out! I got out of the room quick enough and told my wife who was downstairs.

When we both went back up to investigate there was no sign of the bat again. The odd thing is that there were no windows open and no other obvious access into the room.

I hope it's not the mother in law coming back to haunt me!

Bit of an old bat, was she?

Edited to add: no disrespect intended, rest in peace to the lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I have these neighbours. A couple of years ago they had regular weekend long parties, yes I mean all weekend from Friday night to Sunday afternoon. Turns out the party neighbours were taking drugs and were caught out.
    Since then they have become eirily quiet. The only time I hear them is when I leave my place when they rush to the peephole in their door. I come home and it's so quiet until the moment I turn the key in my door and I hear a commotion from behind their door. I find it extremely creepy. This has been going on around a year. The door keeper is very odd and I hear him gasp whenever the shared hallway light which is movement activated is lit. They barely leave their own apartment and cover their faces when they do.

no, but I'd say they're haunted by the Fear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Miri5

One of the previous posts reminded me of something that happened when my MIL died. She was only in her 60’s and passed away suddenly at her house. My husband and I lived an hours drive away and unfortunately she had passed by the time we got to the house. After her body had been removed, it was just my husband, FIL and me in the house. Both of them were in the dining room and I was in the sitting room, curled up in what used to be her reading chair. She always had fresh flowers in the house and there was a vase of roses on the sideboard near where I was sitting. It was very quiet when I suddenly heard a rustling sound. I looked up to see some of the petals fall off the roses. I thought it was weird as they were fresh but got back to reading my book. About a minute later the remote control flew off the chair opposite me. There were no doors or windows open, so it was not a draught. I was very close to my MiL and for some reason, I felt it was her.

Apparently yes.. I know 2 psychics that can "place themselves anywhere".

It is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Steve012 wrote: »
    Apparently yes.. I know 2 psychics that can "place themselves anywhere".

It is possible.

The context here is a kind of cold war. They were a bit careless with their 'medicine' one night then quickly caught out and exposed. After being confronted by myself and other shareholders they have been closely monitoring traffic near their door and in other more intrusive ways.
    I'm weary of them now. Life is too short to play toxic games. There is definitely something wrong.
    Can psychics also help by clearing a hidden mental barrier?

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

About 8-9 years ago I was in Arthur's Quay park in Limerick just sitting down reading while this elderly gent sat beside me making small talk. He asked was I from Limerick and I told him I was but I was living and working in Dublin. He says he loved Dublin because it was "very liberal" He gives me his phone number asking me to contact him if I fancied meeting up for a drink or a coffee. I was too polite to refuse so I just took the number and left.
    I headed to Cruise's Street shortly afterwards for a look around and there was the elderly guy again watching me from the Lady of Quimper statue. I got creeped out at this point and cut off onto William Street towards home. He was obviously looking for a boy toy to hook up with. Maybe I should have been flattered but I just found it creepy at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

as in they were arrested?

The context here is a kind of cold war. They were a bit careless with their 'medicine' one night then quickly caught out and exposed. After being confronted by myself and other shareholders they have been closely monitoring traffic near their door and in other more intrusive ways.
    I'm weary of them now. Life is too short to play toxic games. There is definitely something wrong.
    Can psychics also help by clearing a hidden mental barrier?

Yes or remote viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Doublebusy

I obviously fell asleep on the couch one night to be woken up early next morning with a phone call that i missed. The call woke me but by the time i realised the phone was ringing - i missed it. Anyway as i was lying half asleep on the couch i felt a chill through my body and an emotion i could describe as worry or sorrow . Very soon after I then rang the person back who i had missed the call from to be told my grandparent had took a turn for the worst and it didnt look good that the doctors where doing tests. My grandparent sadly didnt make it..... strangely that grandparent had told me a story years previous of their own odd experience. Heres that story - My grandparent was in bed many many years ago and woke to tell their partner i think your mother has died - this was with no clue or ill health involved. That turned out to be true the next day as my grandparents received a call to say one of their parents passed away through the night. So i dont know if my experience is in anyway similar to what my grandparent had many years earlier - but fairly similar

Hope i explained it clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

I remember once wondering what time it was and I guessed and low and behold I was right. Couldn't believe it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Doublebusy wrote: »
    I obviously fell asleep on the couch one night to be woken up early next morning with a phone call that i missed. The call woke me but by the time i realised the phone was ringing - i missed it. Anyway as i was lying half asleep on the couch i felt a chill through my body and an emotion i could describe as worry or sorrow . Very soon after I then rang the person back who i had missed the call from to be told my grandparent had took a turn for the worst and it didnt look good that the doctors where doing tests. My grandparent sadly didnt make it..... strangely that grandparent had told me a story years previous of their own odd experience. Heres that story - My grandparent was in bed many many years ago and woke to tell their partner i think your mother has died - this was with no clue or ill health involved. That turned out to be true the next day as my grandparents received a call to say one of their parents passed away through the night. So i dont know if my experience is in anyway similar to what my grandparent had many years earlier - but fairly similar

Hope i explained it clear.

One night I was in out with my friends when my dad text me and said my grandmother wasn't well. I said I'd come home etc. but he said no there's no need it'd be fine (she was in hospital but would be ok).
    I went to sleep drunk and had a dream that my grandmother had died and I woke up and checked my phone. No messages, back to sleep.

Woke up in the morning my dad had text that she had died.
    It wasn't creepy, just slightly unnerving, but this post reminded me.

My grandmother believed in the afterlife a lot and would always talk about it.

Enjoy life while you can, don't worry about the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 ozzers1989

Hey all.

I didn't really know where to post this so please remove if it's inappropriate.

In the late 90s/early 00s I read a book that contained stories about the Banshee and fairies.

- the book was first person accounts compiled by a male author

- it had lots of people's stories about Banshee experiences and fairy experiences

- it was and A5 book and there were no illustrations

- the author began the book by saying something like "what surprised me about collecting these stories was how normal all of the people were"

- it was NOT a book of myths and legends it was a collection of first person experiences

- it was not the St John Seymour book

- I don't believe it was an Eddie Lenihan book

- there was a story about a truck driver witnessing a fairy funeral procession

- there was a Banshee story about a person hearing the screams of the Banshee and being physically unable to leave the house to check like there was a forcefield stopping them

If there is a more appropriate place for this question, please let me know. If you know what I'm rambling about I would be forever in your debt.

Advertisement