Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2013 outings

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

surely you won't be in any of the bunkers paul ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭paulos53

Rikand wrote: »
    surely you won't be in any of the bunkers paul ? :)

No but I am sure that my partner will ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

paulos53 wrote: »
    No but I am sure that my partner will ;)

some team mate... i hope im not partnered with you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,877 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

stevieob wrote: »
    some team mate... i hope im not partnered with you ;)

I've played a bit with - Paul.
    trust me, anybody will be over the moon playing with Paul ;);)

Come on "The Boards" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ballyk

Where's Pete with his Met Office beating incredibly detailed weather forecast when you need it?....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

Looking at the met satellite it is giving a relative dry day though Friday is looking to be a complete washout.

scubapro wrote: »
    Looking at the met satellite it is giving a relative dry day though Friday is looking to be a complete washout.

Some amount of rain Friday alright .

The course is designed for rain - but :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

Some amount of rain Friday alright .

The course is designed for rain - but :confused:

Yeah, well at least we will have first hand info:) will be handy for future Heritage threads!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

No point in worrying about specifics in relation to weather this far out,

The general trend is for it to be a dirty damp yoke for most of the week with a clearing through Friday evening through Saturday.

Now looking this morning that dry period is closing , something I hoped would go the other way ! but this far out its hard to nail specifics on the head ,

It would want to be Thursday afternoon before getting worried with what the weather is going to do ,

I hope we have no fair weather golfers on the team , could get interesting out there :P

Also worth keeping an eye on our resident expert in terms of the weather , here is his briefing this morning ,
    Important: Please note legal disclaimer which can be seen at bottom of post 2565 dated 24 July 2012.

Tuesday, 22 October, 2013

TODAY ... Further bursts of heavy rain with slight risk of thunder, in parts of the southeast this morning and then across Munster into most other regions from late morning on, and very mild, with highs around 15-16 C. Rainfall potential 15-30 mm. Another band of heavy rain will approach the northwest by evening to follow on behind remnants of the mid-day batch by then into Ulster and Leinster.Winds southeast veering south to southwest 30-50 km/hr.

TONIGHT ... Further heavy showers, risk of some thunder, winds moderate from southwest at 30-50 km/hr, 10-20 mm rain, and lows 8-10 C.

WEDNESDAY ... Showers, still heavy in Leinster and east Ulster during the morning, otherwise more isolated with some sunny intervals developing, not quite as mild with highs 11-15 C coolest in Connacht and west Ulster. Further rainfalls of about 5-10 mm east mainly as a clearing trend develops with just isolated showers in fresh southwest to west winds of 35-55 km/hr with some higher gusts to 75 km/hr near west coast.

THURSDAY ... Some sunshine to start, increasing cloud, morning lows 4-8 C for most, possibly near 2 C in the usual frost hollows where a grass frost may develop briefly, but as mild as 10 C south coast, then highs 12-16 C. Rain may arrive in west Munster before evening, then will spread to other regions overnight.

FRIDAY ... Rain will be heavy at times and possibly thundery in places, with a cool east wind for Ulster until late in the day (highs there near 10 C) but otherwise another warm and muggy day will develop in the south and then east-central counties, highs 14-17 C. Winds becoming southerly 30-50 km/hr. Parts of Connacht and west Ulster may remain closer to 10-12 C in east to northeast winds as low pressure tracks through west-central counties or up the west coast. Rainfalls 10-20 mm west, 3-7 mm east where rain less persistent and possibly not arriving until well after mid-day.

SATURDAY ... Breezy, showers or periods of rain redeveloping, lows 5-7 C and highs 12-15 C. Winds WSW 30-50 km/hr and rainfalls 5-10 mm.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

i just bought one of those yokes for holding my umbrella on my trollie!!

• Advertisement

Lads maybe , I'm suffering a bit of excessive enthusiasm.

But any bit of info.

Time we are needed there ?
    Groupings ?

Just an idea that perhaps people should be paired with people they have played with during year - will help know their game and will be no ice breaking with them for first few holes - you will also know their game a bit ? Up to captains there ?

we would probably want to be there 45mins or an hour before first tee time.

We're heading out at 11:30

Pistol is working on the pairings as one or two of use we touch and go for saturday but all is sorted and he is at them now. Handicaps and experience on the course will probably rule the pairings. Sure we all know each other now by this stage too!!

I have unstuck this thread and all the Ryder Jug banter can be posted in the new one located here

Advertisement