Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2013 outings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

haha i have been off the radar looking for my golf game keano its been a tough year! So when yas out next or do you not want to socialize with the future ryder jug winning anchor man??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

technodub wrote: »
    haha i have been off the radar looking for my golf game keano its been a tough year! So when yas out next or do you not want to socialize with the future ryder jug winning anchor man??

I definitely want another crack at you! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Its in the post above yours ,

Palmerstown House 28/09/13 9.40 AM

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

I definitely want another crack at you! :D

Ye this time bring a friend! Was hoping there was one this month! If im free il deffo come along love that course!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Ye this time bring a friend! Was hoping there was one this month! If im free il deffo come along love that course!

There was one on Saturday ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

If I'm forgiven for last year, I'll back you up Ricky:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I must remember to bring the Ryder Jug next day!

I must remember to bring the Ryder Jug next day!

Ah you can leave it on your mantlepiece Keano, it's not going anywhere ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

That's for sure but it'll be jut going on our captains mantelpiece for the next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ballyk

You burned it up the last time if I remember correctly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭recycled

Early start for Palmerstown House from Cork!!!!

When's the jug! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,877 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

For the chosen few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

What's the furthest west or north west the society has come in 2013?
    I'd play in one or two in the future with maybe 1 1/2 hours drive being my max.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

m r c wrote: »
    What's the furthest west or north west the society has come in 2013?
    I'd play in one or two in the future with maybe 1 1/2 hours drive being my max.

probably Esker Hills??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,877 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

stevieob wrote: »
    probably Esker Hills??

Imagine we'd get to Athlone at some stage.

But whatever way it has worked out , the majority are from east , midlands and south.

The outings tend to be in midlands/ south west / near Dublin.

There will be a thread in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Shortest I have driven this year to a boards event has been 1hr 15mins, will be driving 2hrs 40 tomorrow to get to Palmerstown. I guess it's the nature of the beast!

We generally try to keep them as near as possible to the Motorway Network though!

ssbob wrote: »
    Shortest I have driven this year to a boards event has been 1hr 15mins, will be driving 2hrs 40 tomorrow to get to Palmerstown. I guess it's the nature of the beast!

We generally try to keep them as near as possible to the Motorway Network though!

No hassle I'll try to make a few next year.

Are you going 2.40 one way tomorrow though????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

No hassle I'll try to make a few next year.

Are you going 2.40 one way tomorrow though????

yes he is.

i've had a few that distance this year too - 107miles to play a round!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,127 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ssbob wrote: »
    will be driving 2hrs 40 tomorrow to get to Palmerstown.
    charlieIRL wrote: »
    yes he is.

i've had a few that distance this year too - 107miles to play a round!!!

Ah lads, how many crosswords do ye stop to do along the way :D

107 miles from me too for The Heritage Outing (from the in-laws in Leitrim)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Ah lads, how many crosswords do ye stop to do along the way :D

107 miles from me too for The Heritage Outing (from the in-laws in Leitrim)

Alot of people would drive double that distance to get away from the in-laws !! :)

I've played ballyliffin, driving up and down the same day 3hours one way and it was too far tbh.
    I drive for a living 12 hours on the road wouldn't be off putting to me tbh but for me anyway somewhere less than 3 hours one way is too far without overnighting.
    I'm sure ye must have noticed the same?

2 hours is more than enough to drive for a round of golf unless its all motorway.

I've played ballyliffin, driving up and down the same day 3hours one way and it was too far tbh.
    I drive for a living 12 hours on the road wouldn't be off putting to me tbh but for me anyway somewhere less than 3 hours one way is too far without overnighting.
    I'm sure ye must have noticed the same?

I have defo noticed the same, but it's bad enough getting written approval from the other half for a days golf not to mind an overnighter :D

Its great to play the new courses and meet the faces from here though!! Thats why I play!

Alot of people would drive double that distance to get away from the in-laws !! :)

Believe me, I would too, I was barely in the door having just driven down from Dublin the night before to drop herself and the kid off with them. Hit the road at 6am only to return at 6pm the next day.

Sure it makes it all the easier when I'm handing in such great cards :o

Yip it's the courses and the company that does it for me.

Imagine we'd get to Athlone at some stage.

But whatever way it has worked out , the majority are from east , midlands and south.

The outings tend to be in midlands/ south west / near Dublin.

There will be a thread in 2014.

we played athlone last year and had a small turnout.

26th October, The Heritage

am playing there the 25th for a different event so will be a handy recee run!!

Has anyone worked out who is mathematically guaranteed to be on the team ?

Or who has a mathematical chance of making the team without the need for a captains pick ? :)

• Advertisement

Has anyone worked out who is mathematically guaranteed to be on the team ?

Or who has a mathematical chance of making the team without the need for a captains pick ? :)

Remeber Denis and Keano can't make it either so i think that means that the Top 7 are guaranteed with anyone from positions 11-23 having a "mathematical" chance of making it.

Advertisement