Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2013 outings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Lads ,

Im away most of the week so here it is :

273892.jpg

The Top 10 and
    my picks are :

FixDePitchMark
    Keano A Legend

Came down to what the lads have provided to the Society over the year and all the events they have made , plus Riche's turn around in form !

My Vice Captain on the Day would be James SSBOB and if anyone pulls out he is first in ,

Thanks for everything

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭kkelliher

Lads ,

273892.jpg

The Top 10 and
    my picks are :

FixDePitchMark
    Keano A Legend

Came down to what the lads have provided to the Society over the year and all the events they have made , plus Riche's turn around in form !

My Vice Captain on the Day would be James SSBOB and if anyone pulls out he is first in ,

Thanks for everything

Best of luck gents in retaining the jug, looks like a strong boards team

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

The Top 10 and
    my picks are :

FixDePitchMark
    Keano A Legend

Thanks for everything[/QUOTE]

2 great picks there Captain, loads of contenders from the years golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ballyk

Lads ,

273892.jpg

The Top 10 and
    my picks are :

FixDePitchMark
    Keano A Legend

Thanks for everything

Let's hope Keano has finished celebrating Clare's All Ireland success by then! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,127 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Keep an eye out over the next few weeks on the "how did you score" thread Captain!
    I'll probably be a single figure golfer by then... playing off 20 for the jug :):);)

Can't beat a bit of form to boost the team :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,877 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Keep an eye out over the next few weeks on the "how did you score" thread Captain!
    I'll probably be a single figure golfer by then... playing off 20 for the jug :):);)

A day too late aj.

We will call you the Paddy in the Jose Maria Olazabal Ryder Cup year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,877 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

lads tried looking up Ryder Jug threads before , but couldnt find much on it.

Ive picked up some details from lads but,

What format is it ?
    What handicaps are used ?

Thanks for pick, will improve on Saturday. I normally play well at Heritage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ballyk

lads tried looking up Ryder Jug threads before , but couldnt find much on it.

Ive picked up some details from lads but,

What format is it ?
    What handicaps are used ?

Thanks for pick, will improve on Saturday. I normally play well at Heritage. :)
    There's only been one so far. It's fourball matchplay. It was played off GUI handicaps where available last year. I presume our committee and the REPS committee will be deciding how it will be run beforehand. It was great craic last year. I played with Golfgraffix in it last year and we had a mighty tussle before winning on the 17th.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I'll be ready! I look at the Jug everyday as it's in my office!

Really strong team.

Let's do this

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ssbob wrote: »
    You would have been in 10th postion on 655 points still ahead of FixdePitchmark!!

Some accountant i am!!
    Ben1977 wrote: »
    The date was entered on the kitchen calendar when I got home on sat. She didn't give out too much as I told her I'm bring her away on a romantic night in carton!!!
    If the kids are sick this year, she'll just have to deal with it.

I hope she hasn't sign up to boards!
    Any way no golf till then, just a couple of lessons and a bit of practice.

lots of practice boy, for you me and everyone else. We should try and get out for a game sometime cause you ain't a million miles away from me. Any other team players in or around Dublin want to hook up for a practice game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Two deserving picks captain and you had to pick FixdePitchmark based on his 75 alone last week. That 75 is equivalent to Jim Furyks 59 in our standards!!!

Keano is the founding member of the society and had he been in Palmerstown on Saturday I would have fancied him for a Top 3 finish!

Thanks for the Vice-Captainship, I now feel like Sergio in Celtic Manor:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

well done on the picks, pity we can't bring all involved with the society.

Last year we sat down and took a bit of time to pair up our (GUI) handicaps with the lads from the Reps society and nearly all the groups were well matched.

We'll do the same again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Well done to pete, charlieIRL, ssbob, Keano and everyone else involved on a super year for outings. Fantastic venues chosen and Saturday sounded like the perfect end to a great year.

Just a pity that I could not get to as many as I wanted.

Looking forward to getting back into it next year.

Best of luck in the Ryder Jug! Like charlieIRL, last years was one of my most enjoyable days on a golf course.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Redzah

blockic wrote: »
    Well done to pete, charlieIRL, ssbob, Keano and everyone else involved on a super year for outings. Fantastic venues chosen and Saturday sounded like the perfect end to a great year.

Just a pity that I could not get to as many as I wanted.

Looking forward to getting back into it next year.

Best of luck in the Ryder Jug! Like charlieIRL, last years was one of my most enjoyable days on a golf course.

Sounds like good craic lads, who do you play against? Or is it 2 captains within your society forming teams within your society?

Redzah wrote: »
    Sounds like good craic lads, who do you play against? Or is it 2 captains within your society forming teams within your society?

There is another user on here "Technodub" who is part of a society, we play against them!

You can see above we ran a GOTY contest which also was a qualification process for this team.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

Oh and I forgot to post this ,

Congrats to Ben , Brilliant , what a year , no one could see past Patrick , the out of Left Field comes Ben to take the Spoils

273856.png

Thankfully just scraped into the top 10, wasn't looking good after the front 9 with only 13 points, managed to recover on the back with 19 points and 2 scratches to stay in the top 10, played the cup last year and it was great craic so really looking forward to it now(we won our match as well:)).
    Great picks by the captain as well, it makes for a strong team and hopefully we will be able to retain the cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Any chance that live scoring website could be used. Would love to be able to follow the days action.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Lads ,

Can any of you out of this group not make the Ryder Jug on the 26/10/13 @ The Heritage Golf Club ?

Ben1977
    Rickylovesuall
    ballyk
    Paulos53
    stevieob
    pistolpetes11
    kiers47
    charlieIRL
    scubapro
    3putt

I'll be there :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

so will I.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

I'll be there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

Yeah baby, I'll be there , up the boardies

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Any chance that live scoring website could be used. Would love to be able to follow the days action.

come on down and caddie :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

stevieob wrote: »
    come on down and caddie :rolleyes:

10%. Not anything less.

scrubber72 wrote: »
    10%. Not anything less.

Deal

10% of nothing is nothing.

I would have bought you a pint!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

^^^^^^^^Gonna have to keep my eye on this fella ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Technodub sees all :D haha havnt really been around **** all this year but we just finished our last score counting outing at killeen castle today, cracking course and had a fairly good game considering i have been playing once a month at best! 37 Points won the outing and won the final of the matchplay on the 16 3&2 BOOOOOOM
    Im coming for that cup this year boys just make sure you got the full team! Delighted keano got a captains pick as this probably wouldnt have happened without him! Got to play the heritage for the first time earlieer this year and its a cracking course should provide a great final fingers crossed we get the weather. The reps has been blessed this year as every outing has been lovely weather except for the first at baltray which we got enough rain for the other 6! I was under the impression the captains were just gonna pick their teams and send them out in their choosen ordeer just like the real thing? Anyway im sure the finer details will be sorted on the day.. Excuse me now im just going to clear some space on my mantel piece

• Registered Users Posts: 21,127 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

That was a Hail Mary post Technodub, I'm not on the team and my handicap ain't changing much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

That was a Hail Mary post Technodub, I'm not on the team and my handicap ain't changing much :)

No bothers mate I was just playing with ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭jtown

scubapro wrote: »
    Thankfully just scraped into the top 10, wasn't looking good after the front 9 with only 13 points, managed to recover on the back with 19 points and 2 scratches to stay in the top 10, played the cup last year and it was great craic so really looking forward to it now(we won our match as well:)).
    Great picks by the captain as well, it makes for a strong team and hopefully we will be able to retain the cup.

How do you do the points system?

jtown wrote: »
    How do you do the points system?

Each event is ranked and you get points for the positions you finish. Then we picked the best 5 of 7 events throughout the year and the Top 10 got in based on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭jtown

ssbob wrote: »
    Each event is ranked and you get points for the positions you finish. Then we picked the best 5 of 7 events throughout the year and the Top 10 got in based on that.

I am the secretary of the local society and trying to think of ways to include more.

I was thinking of getting your stable ford score multiply by 2 and winner at the end of the year wins.

We only have 5 outings a year and if you win 2 events your home and hosed. The consistent players isn't rewarded.

What you think?

Advertisement