Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2013 outings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

the wife informs me we are away that weekend. have fun all :)

same here.:mad:

but i'm heading to enniscrone!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Doesn't look too good for the Thurlus outing. Very quiet and a lot of usual suspects can't make it. It would be a shame to not get the numbers up to at least 20. Then again it is holiday season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Doesn't look too good for the Thurlus outing. Very quiet and a lot of usual suspects can't make it. It would be a shame to not get the numbers up to at least 20. Then again it is holiday season.

Don't worry Ben, your main rival Ballyk is gonna make it :D

As for the rest of us we have submitted the permission slips and will have to amend such permission slips and should hopefully receive written approval approx 12hrs prior to tee off:D:D

ssbob wrote: »
    Don't worry Ben, your main rival Ballyk is gonna make it :D

As for the rest of us we have submitted the permission slips and will have to amend such permission slips and should hopefully receive written approval approx 12hrs prior to tee off:D:D

Think my slip was lost in the post. Will have to re-submit and phone to verify, if it was received and an estimate on the lead time for processing. :)

I think ther are loads of rivals you forgot, but I'll let them give you an ear full. :)

I had my permission slip entered in plenty of time and granted for either of the other dates but got a refusal for the 10th!!! Am still working on it though!!

• Advertisement

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I had my permission slip entered in plenty of time and granted for either of the other dates but got a refusal for the 10th!!! Am still working on it though!!

Your still banging on about that:rolleyes:

Your still banging on about that:rolleyes:

I am, cause i was looking forward to playing!!

I am, cause i was looking forward to playing!!

You'll have to put the foot down at home kid:D

Don't worry if I am there I will tweet a pic of us teeing off:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,877 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

lads any sticky for this or news - will be going now. Change of plan.

You'll have to put the foot down at home kid:D

Don't worry if I am there I will tweet a pic of us teeing off:pac:

foot was put down and I'm heading to Thurles!!!:D

• Advertisement

Signed up in teamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,127 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm out.
    In Trim for the weekend at a do and I can't get away for the day, will be spinning back to Dublin for a club comp instead.

Sorry if it's been clarified somewhere in the thread, but is Sept 14th the next outing?

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    I'm out.
    In Trim for the weekend at a do and I can't get away for the day, will be spinning back to Dublin for a club comp instead.

Sorry if it's been clarified somewhere in the thread, but is Sept 14th the next outing?

Hope not my own golf soc year end then. Such is life, was it not to be last weekend in Sept. ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Won't be the 14th

Only around the corner . Any news on this lads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Guys, I meant to mention on Saturday that I have a voucher for a fourball in my own club, but it is fairly restrictive for use.
    Was thinking if a few lads want to play in Greystones, maybe we can arrange something?

Edit: I put up a seperate thread on this guys

stevieob wrote: »
    Guys, I meant to mention on Saturday that I have a voucher for a fourball in my own club, but it is fairly restrictive for use.
    Was thinking if a few lads want to play in Greystones, maybe we can arrange something?

Lovely course. An old jem.

Fair play Stevieob, nice gesture. Give us a shout if your stuck for one.

Also thanks to tigerwood1 for donating a prize on saturday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Fair play Stevieob, nice gesture. Give us a shout if your stuck for one.

Also thanks to tigerwood1 for donating a prize on saturday as well.

No probs.

I'll get you something also for the captains prize... don't know what yet, but I'll see what I can do.

Well lads (what happened the lassie?)
    Here is the updated GOTY leaderboard after the weekend, plenty of movers after Saturday. My win really helped me to climb the table and paulo53 is coming after the top guys at some rate! Its all to play for the top and there is still a few Ryder Jug places can be won and lost depending on the last round.

We added in another column at the end to show the best 5 result so far (Remember the top 5 count) which shakes it up even more heading in the final round in a few weeks time - an announcement will be made on this later today.

Gonna be a good finale to this years events.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Another 4th place for me so. That's 4 in a row. I'm consistent anyway..

kiers47 wrote: »
    Another 4th place for me so. That's 4 in a row. I'm consistent anyway..

Something tells me your managing your assault very well. In fact so well that it is now mathematically impossible for you to win the GOTY but you can of course take the coveted Captains Prize.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭kkelliher

I only dropped 2 places without playing so that was a good outcome although I think top 10 is gone for this year

Sh*t to close for comfort. Just quick look at the leaderboard and I reckon any 1 from 6 or 7 can win. I feel like Westwood in the Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,127 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Sh*t to close for comfort. Just quick look at the leaderboard and I reckon any 1 from 6 or 7 can win. I feel like Westwood in the Open.

Here... will you stop that!
    Not even Westwood could blow this.

As long as
    1. You turn up
    2. Neither BallyK, Ricky or Paulo Win
    Then it's all yours

The committee need to send a 4 ball of BallyK, Ricky, Paulo53 and Stevieob to make this interesting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Whats the date for the Captains again ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Thread coming shortly!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

Whens your next outing lads might try get out and spy on the oposition? Maybe throw a few stray clubs at people :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I'd wondered when you might turn up again! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Advertisement