Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2013 outings

Options
  • 27-11-2012 4:05pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Details to follow shortly, keep an eye in here for dates / venues etc.

First event is being scheduled in for February to allow for slightly longer evenings and less chance of frosty mornings.

Watch this space.......

DATES:
    23rd Feb Esker Hills
    23rd March Thurles
    20th / 27th April Portarlington Golf Club
    26th May Mitchelstown Golf Club
    22nd June Dunmurry Springs
    20th July The Heritage
    18th August
    14th September

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭The Aul Switcharoo

I wonder how much rain there will be in February..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

hardly as much as last sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

I'll need until February for my wet gear to dry off after Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Is it February yet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,134 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

charlieIRL wrote: »
    hardly as much as last sunday!

35mm in my place, closed on Sunday and me gagging to get out there :(

I might show my face at a couple of events this year, depending on who else is going ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

How does one go about joining this society, my husband is looking for a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 21,127 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

GreeBo wrote: »

I might show my face at a couple of events this year, depending on who else is going ;)

The need for a baby sitter?
    Or is that aimed at not wanting to play with some of us mere mortals :) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,127 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

jeni wrote: »
    How does one go about joining this society, my husband is looking for a new one

Hey Jeni, If he sets up an account (if he doesn't already have one) and registers his interest here, I think that's about the height of it.
    All he needs to do is keep in touch, joining in on the forum isn't really a necessity but we probably won't talk to him if he doesn't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭hades

I'll be definitely trying to get out a few times with ye next year. Sounds like great craic according to ajcurry.Once nobody minds me escaping with the wooden spoon after every outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

heya guys.

would be interested in this for deffo. what are the numbers like and what days do you normally play on and location?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

stevieob wrote: »
    heya guys.

would be interested in this for deffo. what are the numbers like and what days do you normally play on and location?

Usually played on one saturday every month once it gets going. Location changes everytime to ensure some people do not have to travel long distance everytime but it is normally kept fairly central.

Last Year some of the locations were The Heritage, Naas, Athlone, Mount Wolseley, Dundrum and Ballykisteen, Tipperary can't remember the rest atm.

Numbers were between 20-40 last year but would expect a significant increase in 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

blockic wrote: »
    Usually played on one saturday every month once it gets going. Location changes everytime to ensure some people do not have to travel long distance everytime but it is normally kept fairly central.

Last Year some of the locations were The Heritage, Naas, Athlone, Mount Wolseley, Dundrum and Ballykisteen, Tipperary can't remember the rest atm.

Numbers were between 20-40 last year but would expect a significant increase in 2013

sounds good. not enough golf for me in 2012 but played last sunday and was plesantly surprised that i was striking as good as i had been before and only for a few stupid 3 putts I would have shot my handicap (13). It gave me the bug to play a bit more. off now to see if there is room on the time sheet for saturday :)

Its great that there is some new and renewed interest in the society. As always, the days out are good crack and there is always a bit of banter before and after the round. As said above, locations are picked to suit the majority and to try to keep travel times / distances down.

There is a thread regarding the Rules and Regulations of the society here, have a look at it when ye get a chance.

And its not just fellas who are welcome, we need a few more ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

Maybe you can go incognito and use the handle Greenbo:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

once you don't close the course because somebody is wearing jeans, I'm sure you'll be alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

I might pop out to a few events with yas this year lads maybe try and take down some of the competition I want that ryder jug back next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

technodub wrote: »
    I might pop out to a few events with yas this year lads maybe try and take down some of the competition I want that ryder jug back next year :D

No chance mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

I wouldn't mind joining in on a few of the days too.
    Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

I too am gonna try make an appearance or two if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

technodub wrote: »

I want a rematch against the two of ye again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

If yous would have me I'd fancy heading out with yous .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Gonna try make a few more of these next year- ye gonna have a qualifying sheet for the Ryder Jug?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

I might tag along to one or two of these events this year. Congrats for successfuly doing what many others have failed to do previously in getting it off the ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

I think it was about this time last year I expressed my interest in joiing the club, which I did, only to be unable to go to any events!!

Probably saved myself some embarrassment. Fingers crossed I can get to at leat one event in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Jontronix

I would like to register my interest in joining the society. I play in one already but I can stand to play more golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

Made two outings this year hope to make a few more next year so looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,877 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads - I'll be joining this, this year, If that is ok.

New project needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Have been playing with 2 societies for a couple of years, dropping out of one of them next year so hoping to get to a few boards outings instead

Great to have so much new interest in the society for next year.

If you PM pistolpete he will set you up on the teamer text service (or if he needs me to do it i can)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thinks too much

I too also hope to get out next year.......work roster this year had me due on to work every outing in 2012 so here's hoping 2013 suits me better..

Advertisement