Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who lunch even more!! **MOD WARNING OPENING POST**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I thought the name I chose for Pancake was nice and original for France, while also being easily pronounced. Teenaged cousins (female) love it cos one of One Direction has the same name, and they are huge over here.

Enzo is the most popular boys name here, don't like it at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I thought the name I chose for Pancake was nice and original for France, while also being pronounced. Teenaged cousins (female) love it cos one of One Direction has the same name, and they are huge over here.

I have just googled One Direction to work out which name you picked! :D

Enzo...? That just makes me think of a chipper in Ennis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I thought the name I chose for Pancake was nice and original for France, while also being easily pronounced. Teenaged cousins (female) love it cos one of One Direction has the same name, and they are huge over here.

One Direction all have nice names actually, so whichever one it is, good choice :)

My cousin called her little boy Henry, which I love. Classic boys names are far better than the likes of Morgan, Kai, Jayden etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Enzo Ferrari!! We've had many a pet snail and pet rock called Enzo. My son is obsessed with Ferrari.

I have just googled One Direction to work out which name you picked! :D

Enzo...? That just makes me think of a chipper in Ennis!
    Yeah, no problem if you've an Italian family name, but IMO it sounds a wee bit silly with other surnames.

Actually the name I picked for pancake is getting more popular now, it's seen as sort of "exotic", similarly to Killian. I discovered it's a popular skanger name here! Eep!

• Advertisement

Ilyana wrote: »
    One Direction all have nice names actually, so whichever one it is, good choice :)

My cousin called her little boy Henry, which I love. Classic boys names are far better than the likes of Morgan, Kai, Jayden etc.
    Pancake's second name is Morgan! Admittedly it's more of a classic first name here than in Ireland. His third name is so nerdy, I can't even say what it is! :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Pancake's second name is Morgan! Admittedly it's more of a classic first name here than in Ireland. His third name is so nerdy, I can't even say what it is! :)

Doo!!! I can't say my son's name as he's the only one I know with that name and my cover would be blown >.>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

His third name is so nerdy, I can't even say what it is! :)

Is it "captain picard"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

If I ever have a girl it will be called Aurnia.

• Advertisement

Oh noes, sorry if I insulted you and Pancake :o I guess it's just not so classic over here. I wanna know his third one now...I'm thinking it's one of the characters from The Big Bang Theory :pac:

My middle name classically goes pretty well with my first name. Until a movie about someone of the same name being exorcised was brought out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

A friend of mine had a fish called Cormac.

I like animals with people names.

I cannot concentrate today with nicotine withdrawals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

My strange first name combined with my ridiculous surname make for interesting times in Ireland, and even more interesting times in France! Love my name though, I really do.

When my brother was in primary school, in a class of 20 students there were 7 with his name. His was spelled differently to all of them though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Am I the only one who doesn't like New Years?? I just don't see the point really. I think we're staying in this year because we only get home the morning of the 29th, and have a wedding afters that day so I reckon we'll still be wrecked on the 31st

Haha I had to look up One Dorection names too - only knew Niall!

The only other people I know with my name are my auntie, my granny and someone off coronation st - my parents were very original. Would get confusing when all 3 of us were in the house together!

Caroline I know it's no consolation at all but I think you're a remarkable woman, and you've been so strong (lurker in ttc thread). I really admire you and I hope you feel a little bit better soon x x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

"Source at least five journal articles that discuss the main characteristics of Modernism".

Journal articles that deal with deal with literary modernism as a general movement are shockingly hard to find. They're all discussing specific writers or books.

Kill me now. I've been at this for three days and I still only have three articles sourced.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I think I've met one or two people with my name and only as an adult.

I can't concentrate because I am so woozy with this cold. Stupid thing.
    I just got over the last one and I'm taking vitamins :mad:

I don't mind NY. I never make a fuss about it or anything but I'll be glad to be spending it in SF this year, it could be pretty fun.

Yeah, no problem if you've an Italian family name, but IMO it sounds a wee bit silly with other surnames.

Actually the name I picked for pancake is getting more popular now, it's seen as sort of "exotic", similarly to Killian. I discovered it's a popular skanger name here! Eep!

Yup, I'm fairly sure it's the one I thought it was so! :P

I'm sick of those kind of names! A load of girls that I went to school with have named their kids stupid names like Jayden and Mason, etc. Though an award has to go to the one who named her daughter Shaneice... That was a new and ridiculous one! Thank god she didn't have a son!

I swear, I'm starting to think that more babies have come out of my year than college degrees. It's kind of depressing. (nothing against those of you who have had babies young, I just think it's a pity that so many of my classmates have had babies so young and with no college education - yea, I'm a snob!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I go to Limerick every year for NY. I don't even really like going out but it's a tradition and I'm keeping it up 'till I die !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My plans for new year are the same as my plans for last new year and all the new years before.
    Work new year's eve and new year's day. :cool:

Also, I just googled One Direction and none of them are called Pancake so I think Ivy is lying.

I'm sick of those kind of names! A load of girls that I went to school with have named their kids stupid names like Jayden etc. Though an award has to go to the one who named her daughter Shaneice... That was a new and ridiculous one! Thank god she didn't have a son!

I swear, I'm starting to think that more babies have come out of my year than college degrees. It's kind of depressing. (nothing against those of you who have had babies young, I just think it's a pity that so many of my classmates have had babies so young and with no college education - yea, I'm a snob!)

I think those celebrity-inspired names are awful, I really hope they're not considered classics in a generation's time :( Shaniece is shocking! Then again, I know a girl whose mother let her take Beyonce as a confirmation name. No joke. I thought I was being exotic with Aimee.

I don't think that being a teenage mother necessarily means you forfeit the ability to go to college though. Well if you don't want to go, fair enough. But you can always go back as a mature student when the child is older, if you so wish. I know two girls who had babies at 18 and 19. One is in second year of college and another has just qualified as a primary school teacher. But to be fair, their families were able to support them financially and with child care, a lot of others aren't so lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Last year we just had a Serlock marathon and didn't notice the new year rolling in. Best one ever methinks.

This year? Probably more of the same. Our mates normally rent a house in connemara. Maybe we'll join them this time. I don't care as long as we're together. Haven't been apart for a New Years' since we met. Our first was the Millennium.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yup, I'm fairly sure it's the one I thought it was so! :P

I'm sick of those kind of names! A load of girls that I went to school with have named their kids stupid names like Jayden and Mason, etc. Though an award has to go to the one who named her daughter Shaneice... That was a new and ridiculous one! Thank god she didn't have a son!

"Shaniquaaaaaa!" often heard on the streets of Limerick.

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I go to Limerick every year for NY. I don't even really like going out but it's a tradition and I'm keeping it up 'till I die !

Yay Limerick 4 lyf

I'll be there too.. Icon :D

krudler wrote: »
    "Shaniquaaaaaa!" often heard on the streets of Limerick.

There were Crystals, Faiths and Angels in my primary school.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Last year we just had a Serlock marathon and didn't notice the new year rolling in. Best one ever methinks.

This year? Probably more of the same. Our mates normally rent a house in connemara. Maybe we'll join them this time. I don't care as long as we're together. Haven't been apart for a New Years' since we met. Our first was the Millennium.
    Ahhhhhh <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I think we're gonna bite the bullet and host a NYE party this year :) House parties on New Years are the best, no drunk crowds and extortionate door fees to be dealing with!

I think those celebrity-inspired names are awful, I really hope they're not considered classics in a generation's time :( Shaniece is shocking! Then again, I know a girl whose mother let her take Beyonce as a confirmation name. No joke. I thought I was being exotic with Aimee.

I don't think that being a teenage mother necessarily means you forfeit the ability to go to college though. Well if you don't want to go, fair enough. But you can always go back as a mature student when the child is older, if you so wish. I know two girls who had babies at 18 and 19. One is in second year of college and another has just qualified as a primary school teacher. But to be fair, their families were able to support them financially and with child care, a lot of others aren't so lucky.

Hah my confirmation name is the most normal of all my names!

Don't think I think that! I know that they can go on to college but these girls that I'm talking about are only interested in having babies and not going to college! Their aim in life was to have kids. I just don't understand it!

I'm not that much of a snob! :)
    One of my friends just had a baby and she's already planning how she'll get back to college. I have huge respect for girls like her.

Dolbert wrote: »
    I think we're gonna bite the bullet and host a NYE party this year :) House parties on New Years are the best, no drunk crowds and extortionate door fees to be dealing with!
    I'm normally not a fan of NYE either, overpriced cattlemarts etc etc. BUT I do love nice house parties with people you know and like. Which is why I'm looking forward to this year's one.

• Advertisement

Hah my confirmation name is the most normal of all my names!

Don't think I think that! I know that they can go on to college but these girls that I'm talking about are only interested in having babies and not going to college! Their aim in life was to have kids. I just don't understand it!

I'm not that much of a snob! :)
    One of my friends just had a baby and she's already planning how she'll get back to college. I have huge respect for girls like her.

Ah okay, sorry if I picked you up wrong! I don't understand that mentality either, but so many girls have it. Get a job straight after school, marry teenage boyfriend, have kids. Stay in the same town you were born and raised in. I know that makes plenty of people happy but I'd feel like I'd missed out on so much if I did that.

Fair play to your friend though, college and babies are tough by themselves, never mind simultaneously!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement