Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who lunch even more!! **MOD WARNING OPENING POST**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sitting next to my heavily pregnant friend during Sex Ed class in 6th year was one of the highlights of my year. Lots of babies in my school, at 27 I am very old not to be married with babies, but then I had the nerve to move away, meet a boy that isn't from the same town (gasp) and not want to move back, so clearly I'm not right in the head :rolleyes:

That's mad, it must be strange growing up somewhere like that. Neither of my friends from school are married with kids (though one lives with an OH who has a child) and nobody from college either. First wedding is the one in dec! And they are 30 now

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

New thread smell.... Mmmmm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Dolbert wrote: »
    I think we're gonna bite the bullet and host a NYE party this year :) House parties on New Years are the best, no drunk crowds and extortionate door fees to be dealing with!

Cool. I look forward to it. Thanks. :)
    bluewolf wrote: »
    That's mad, it must be strange growing up somewhere like that. Neither of my friends from school are married with kids (though one lives with an OH who has a child) and nobody from college either. First wedding is the one in dec! And they are 30 now

Yeah we're all late twenties now from school and there's only one engagement. One of the guys in school had a baby a few years ago but as far as I know, those of us who've stayed in touch anyway no one else is married/with child/has kids.

Even a lot of my 'older' friends wouldn't be married or have kids.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

LizT wrote: »
    New thread smell.... Mmmmm
    I wonder will this thread even make it to the new year with the rate we're going??! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

bluewolf wrote: »

And most of them are all interlinked, so say for example (obviously just random names!) Laura had a kid with Mark when they were 17, then Mark got together with another girl in our year Kate, now they have a kid, and Kate used to go out with Laura's brother or something. Many, many half siblings around, which there is nothing wrong with really, it's just complicated from the outset! One girl in my class had 3 kids by 3 guys by the time she was 23, I always wonder about Christmas morning and stuff, must be a rota for who is with what parent that day. Add that to the fact that everybody in town is somebody else's ex, so if you meet a guy he'll have been with your friend, or friend's sister, etc etc. Messy, messy town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

I don't like Kristen Stewart either I must admit but I loved the books so I just want to see how this one turns out. It was only €15 for the ticket so I said I may as well because I don't really have anything else to do. There are some extra stuff too, I think there's a goodie bag and stuff. I'm such a child.. :o

Yeah that's true. We both said things we didn't mean and I'm stubborn so that's why I didn't ring him right away when I woke up.. :rolleyes:

What are you reading?
    15 euro is good for a whole day at the cinema. Have you seen any of the movies before? I fell asleep in the cinema during the 1st one, but then again I fall asleep during movies a lot. Jacob is worth it alone from the 2nd movie on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

15 euro is good for a whole day at the cinema. Have you seen any of the movies before? I fell asleep in the cinema during the 1st one, but then again I fall asleep during movies a lot. Jacob is worth it alone from the 2nd movie on. :)

Yeah that's why I booked it, think it's a great deal. It's almost 12 hours when you think about it. First one starts at 2.50pm and the final part will be over about 2.15am. :)

I have seen them all yeah but I like them so gladly watch them again. I'm probably in the minority with that but anyway.. :rolleyes:

You're definitely right about Jacob. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Yeah that's why I booked it, think it's a great deal. It's almost 12 hours when you think about it. First one starts at 2.50pm and the final part will be over about 2.15am.

Yup, I'd cry after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

God no.

My OH is a botanist, he's obsessed with plants. So he decided to try to find a plant/flower name he could give Pancake. Very easy for girls, not so much for boys. He found a plant that we both like, and we turned the genus part of the Latin name into a boy's name. Galanthe, from Galanthus nivalis, which is the snowdrop. The snowdrop is my favourite flower, Pancake was born in February, which is also when the snowdrop comes out. Voila. It's a bit out there, but it is only his 3rd name, so really no one will ever see it, except on his birth cert or ID card.

That's absolutely beautiful! I may be tearing up a bit :o

I don't know what to do for the day. Newbridge or Dundrum?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yup, I'd cry after that.

I'd cry after the first 5 minutes. Twilight is creepy, and not because it's about werewolves and vampires.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

No matter how much I liked a movie, I couldn't sit in the cinema all day, if movies are longer than 2 hours, I start to get restless.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'd cry after the first 5 minutes. Twilight is creepy, and not because it's about werewolves and vampires.

Mormon housewife non-masturbatory fantasies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

/hipster hat on

I read Twilight before it was cool coz my sister told me to.

/Hipster hat off

She has a knack for reading books and then they'll become famous and made in to movies. It's like she has a magic touch or something.

I watched the first one and thought to myself, "no". Twilight in my head from reading the books is better than Twilight in movie form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I always wonder if teachers place bets on that kind of thing!

I'd say teachers can guess within a few weeks of getting their first years which ones will end up pregnant before the Leaving Cert.
    Lucyfur wrote: »
    I know several people whose aim in life is to have babies. I really don't see anything wrong with it! Some people don't want a degree, or a career.

I think she meant the kind of girls whose sole aim is to get pregnant in their teens, get their council house and happily spend the rest of their life on the dole. And there is something wrong with that, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yup, I'd cry after that.

Well, each to their own eh?

I'm off now. Will post tomorrow.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I think she meant the kind of girls whose sole aim is to get pregnant in their teens, get their council house and happily spend the rest of their life on the dole. And there is something wrong with that, imo.

Exactly what I meant! How could I not explain that properly?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

I would like to stick all the needy adults in a hole and burry them please and thank you.

Speaking of kids names. There's a boy in Jamie's class called destiny. His brother is happiness and their sister is angel. I kid you not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Weird child names? My friend just gave her baby a name that sounds really really like Indiana Jones- I mean I had to get her to repeat it twice til I actually caught what it was. I forever hum the theme tune in my head now when I see them.

Oh and there's a Britney, Christina, Beyonce and Shakiera living on my street- all around 5years old. I really wish I was kidding.

Anyone want to do my Irish labour market research for me? I think it's depressed me enough today

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm hundreds of years old and I like underage girls! rrr
    *watches while sleeping*
    Ella wrote: »
    I would like to stick all the needy adults in a hole and burry them please and thank you.

*cling* :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I can't get this week over with fast enough...

gonna go visit mum in the hospital soon. she's doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its so romantic you watch me while I'm sleeping, me being a teenager and you being an old man in a teenage body.

oh did I say romantic? I meant psychotic.

Those books have a terrible message in them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Enjoy your day at the cinema, Pawprints! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Am I the only one who doesn't like New Years?? I just don't see the point really. I think we're staying in this year because we only get home the morning of the 29th, and have a wedding afters that day so I reckon we'll still be wrecked on the 31st

I'm not a big fan of it anymore,my friends are trying to get me to go a bar in the city that's charging 18 euro to get in :eek: brax from home and away is gonna be there for an hr and then back at midnight for 5 minutes -_- and you don't get any free drink or food -_- I said no fairly quick !

I'm not a big fan of it anymore,my friends are trying to get me to go a bar in the city that's charging 18 euro to get in :eek: brax from home and away is gonna be there for an hr and then back at midnight for 5 minutes -_- and you don't get any free drink or food -_- I said no fairly quick !
    Brax?! Oh man...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Brax?! Oh man...
    I want his babies!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

hahaha all the ladies have no problem paying it :D

Ella wrote: »
    I want his babies!

Back off Ella! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I don't think I'd pay 18euro to see him tbh. In fact, I wouldn't pay 18euro for any club!

• Advertisement

Ilyana wrote: »
    I don't think I'd pay 18euro to see him tbh. In fact, I wouldn't pay 18euro for any club!

thank you! oh and its a pub,so early closing time :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement