Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who lunch even more!! **MOD WARNING OPENING POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Well then they deserve to be told to fcuk off, not pandered to!

Believe me, I've said **** off and cop on plenty of times, but it's his house I'm living in, I can't exactly kick him out. My mother puts her foot down over the big things but it's not worth fighting over everything. And that's why I'm planning on moving out as soon as I can. Sometimes you just can't win.

So for a brighter note, a grumpy pengweng.

135185897012.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Ilyana wrote: »
    It must be coming up to exam time, I have an overwhelming urge to clean things.

My room is spotless, all my washing is done. I have fresh baked muffins. My hair is amazing, I haven't a stray hair on my body. I knit a hat and an owl in a couple of days. My boards post count had exploded.
    5000 words by Wednesday, no problem :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,527 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Mod

We are getting tired of the snide/bitchy remarks. They stop now.

If you have issues with a poster, put them on ignore, do not respond to their posts. Lashing out at others makes the thread uncomfortable for everyone.

If it continues, we will be forced to close the chat thread. Don't be the one who ruins it for everyone else.

This is the FINAL warning. From here on in, posters will be infracted and/or taking breaks from the Ladies Lounge if they decide they don't want to play nice.

Ignorance of this warning will not be accepted as an excuse.

PM for further clarification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Pity putting someone on Ignore doesn't stop you seeing their posts when quoted. I'm getting tired of the repetitive/moany remarks, they spur on the bitchy remarks.

I know I'll get infracted or banned for this but it'll totally be worth it and I fully accept it has to happen for responding to a mod's comment like this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

My room is spotless, all my washing is done. I have fresh baked muffins. My hair is amazing, I haven't a stray hair on my body. I knit a hat and an owl in a couple of days. My boards post count had exploded.
    5000 words by Wednesday, no problem :pac:

You're still being productive, just not the right kind of productive :pac:

If it helps, my legs have forgotten what a razor looks like!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

awec wrote: »
    PP, feel free to tell me to fcuk off if you don't want to answer, but what do you do during the day? If I remember right you're unemployed, are you actively doing something about that? Do you ever do something around the house to help your mother, out of your own initiative. Like cook dinner at night, or hoover, dust, clean the bathrooms or whatever? Or go get groceries or something? Without her having to ask you to do it.

If you put yourself in your mums shoes, does she just see you sitting in the house on the internet during the day while you're not working? What I mean is, your mum could be being harsh on you to be nice to you?

I know if I had no job and was still living at home my da would have me out doing something every day. Be that cutting the grass, painting the fence, or cleaning the house. If I was just sitting on the internet all day he would have given me a hard time, but that wasn't him being nasty or anything, it was just his way of ensuring I never got too comfortable sitting doing nothing all the time.

Perhaps your mum is just trying to give you a little nudge? :) I obviously could be totally wrong! :)

I do help around the house without being asked yes. I do watch the job sites and the papers and the IVNA site and the Irish Vet Journal.. It's not like I'm sitting around all day. I do knit and bake to pass the time. I hoover etc and do chores just to help out. I'm not completely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Pity putting someone on Ignore doesn't stop you seeing their posts when quoted. I'm getting tired of the repetitive/moany remarks, they spur on the bitchy remarks.

I know I'll get infracted or banned for this but it'll totally be worth it and I fully accept it has to happen for responding to a mod's comment like this.

OH cause none of us repeatedly moan about the same things here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Pembily wrote: »

OH cause none of us repeatedly moan about the same things here?
    Yeah tell that bf of yours to quit moaning about his hangovers :p

They only person responsible for bitchy posts is the person posting them.

If you want to discuss this further you can do so via PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I do help around the house without being asked yes. I do watch the job sites and the papers and the IVNA site and the Irish Vet Journal.. It's not like I'm sitting around all day. I do knit and bake to pass the time. I hoover etc and do chores just to help out. I'm not completely useless.

No one is saying you're completely useless, you need to stop taking everything said to you as a personal attack. Everyone is just trying to be helpful.

Ella wrote: »
    Yeah tell that bf of yours to quit moaning about his hangovers :p
    HAHAHAHA :P Wait till Friday, he will be posting again that he drank too much ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

PP it can get better. You might have to look at what you can do to change things yourself, but you'll get there. Your biggest obstacle is to get over the feeling of powerlessness and the feeling that there is nothing you can do. There is always something that can be done, but sometimes you're just too entrenched in family roles to see it. It might only be something small, but I'm sure any little victory now would make you feel a bit better.

I honestly thought that most of ye were trying to help with a bit of tough love but some of the posts just look like trying to kick someone when they are down. We are not all strong people. People get stuck in a certain dynamic that can be very very difficult to get out of. It happens all the time in a myriad of different relationships.

Ok.. Sorry.. Just a bit upset at the minute.

Edit: this was in response to LizT.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Jaysus!

Slankets, ha? Great invention.

what's a slanket dk?

I know not everyone understands, but sometimes some people are just unreasonable. And it's not because of any conscious thought or maliciousness, they just have issues. Sometimes big issues, sometimes small issues, and there are times when no matter what anyone does they can't be sorted. I'm sure everyone has had friends like this, and generally you just cut them out of your life. When it's family it's different, even more so when you need to rely on them and even with their issues most people will still love them. You do the best you can in the situation but if there's nothing that can be done about you occasionally have to vent about it.

what's a slanket dk?

Slanket, aka snuggie, aka something I've lost somewhere in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Nobody said you were PP, you're far from it.

Could you maybe pick up more LSPCA shifts to fill your time? Then if she bitches she'll look like a psycho for being at you for doing CHARITY work :P

what's a slanket dk?

BEHOLD!
    slanket-3.jpeg

That's literally what I look like right now.

http://www.theslanket.com/ -- goofier images on there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Jaysus!

Slankets, ha? Great invention.

Got my first one in Dunnes a couple of weeks ago, I must have accidentally gotten a kids one, because it doesn't even come close to wrapping around me. :( I don't think I'm that much of a whale! :o

• Administrators Posts: 53,527 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

I don't think I'm that much of a whale! :o

LOL, you a whale. Good one.

All I need now is my onesie and I'm sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

You need to be sexy like me. Wet hair, boyfriend's old hoody, glow in the dark pj's and crazy thick socks. Rarr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I have microwave popcorn now.

I bet you're all jealous of my super nutritious evening snacks.

Lyaiera and DK - aha.. A snuggie.. I have one but I need a new one. Best present I ever got!

SarahBeep - I might be able to do that actually. I'll look into it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Got my first one in Dunnes a couple of weeks ago, I must have accidentally gotten a kids one, because it doesn't even come close to wrapping around me. :( I don't think I'm that much of a whale! :o

I'm whale-ish enough and it's bleedin' massive on me. Although the cat is holding it hostage so I don't get to use it much. Everything's a feckin' bed except her actual bed :rolleyes:

They have leopard print ones, they are scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Ilyana wrote: »
    You're still being productive, just not the right kind of productive :pac:

If it helps, my legs have forgotten what a razor looks like!

Oh I blunted a brand new razor on my defuzz.

The only thing I am dreading about living with my boyfriend in a month, the time and effort it takes to be a smooth lady. I love being lazy, fuzzy and warm :pac:

• Advertisement

Why does food on a stick always taste so good?

Meat on stick...
    Chicken on stick...
    Cheese on stick...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement