Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've just punched a child

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

• Site Banned Posts: 154 ✭✭EEm

What if the child was struggling for food and thought this was the only option. Punch the child though, he has a knife. Didn't need to punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

EEm wrote: »
    What if the child was struggling for food and thought this was the only option. Punch the child though, he has a knife. Didn't need to punch.

fu*k him...snap the little scumbags spine and give him the smile and 2 fingers every time he wheels past you...well done again OP

gifted wrote: »
    fu*k him...snap the little scumbags spine and give him the smile and 2 fingers every time he wheels past you...well done again OP

You see, the way it comes across is a dirty little scumbag with his pants tucked into his socks wearing a Burbary cap and saying "he-rah, i'll stick' this in ya bud" or whatever.

It was a kid ffs, who's to say he's not living off the street just looking to survive. Why punch a kid, why not kick the knife out of his hand.

A grown man punching a kid is so so bad.

You obviously didnt see the Late Late show with the girl who was slashed on O'Connell Street. She tried to avoid a serious incident where she felt threatened and walked away.

She was followed and horribly assaulted and is quite obviously traumatised for a long time to come.

Could you link to the story? I hadn't heard about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

You see, the way it comes across is a dirty little scumbag with his pants tucked into his socks wearing a Burbary cap and saying "he-rah, i'll stick' this in ya bud" or whatever.

It was a kid ffs, who's to say he's not living off the street just looking to survive. Why punch a kid, why not kick the knife out of his hand.

As opposed to threatening someone with a knife??...Hello Mr. ambulance man, what happened? this kid threatened me with a knife but sure he was prob hungry, tried to kick the knife out of his hand but he seemed very handy with the knife, I didn't see him come towards me and cut my face to bits..but sure he was prob hungry,poor kid :rolleyes:..

gifted wrote: »
    As opposed to threatening someone with a knife??...Hello Mr. ambulance man, what happened? this kid threatened me with a knife but sure he was prob hungry, tried to kick the knife out of his hand but he seemed very handy with the knife, I didn't see him come towards me and cut my face to bits..but sure he was prob hungry,poor kid :rolleyes:..

10 year old kid. 10 years old. He wasn't able push the kid away? No, he punched a 10 year old kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

"I've just punched a face, I can't forget the time or place where we just met.."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭OU812

10 year old kid. 10 years old. He wasn't able push the kid away? No, he punched a 10 year old kid.

For what it's worth. I wasn't bragging about it. I don't think the kid was starving either. Not to mention the fact that a starving child who goes straight to armed mugging, rather than shoplift etc pretty much needs a corrective lesson anyway. If it was his first time (I don't think it was), hopefully it'll be his last, if it wasn't his first time, again, hopefully it'll be his last.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

because the 10 year old kid had a knife.....

what would you expect the OP to do?

God, you're on your own here EEm....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

OU812 wrote: »
    For what it's worth. I wasn't bragging about it. I don't think the kid was starving either. Not to mention the fact that a starving child who goes straight to armed mugging, rather than shoplift etc pretty much needs a corrective lesson anyway. If it was his first time (I don't think it was), hopefully it'll be his last, if it wasn't his first time, again, hopefully it'll be his last.

Don't let the pc brigade get you down....if it was most of us it would be the little f*ckers last time because he would have been stamped on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

OP, you probaly gave him one of the best lessons he could get in life and if he dose'nt learn from it he'll get worse in time to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

How much pressure or strength do you think it takes to inflict a lot of damage to someone with a knife? Feck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Pretty sure that was what it was

Probably because the op isnt Chuck Norris

If the little f*ckers parents had punched him in time he wouldnt be out mugging people at knife point

Eem it is people like you that cause our justice system to give these scumbags repeated chances till they finally do kill someone, and then you will be on about how society let them down..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

a 10 year old kid isn't a scumbag. it's a 10 year old kid. they don't know any better. and doubt the punch is going to stop any more muggins, probably will cause the kid to stab sooner than he would.

What if the kid was a girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

are you seriously suggesting that you didnt know the difference between right and wrong at aged 10?

BBDBB wrote: »
    are you seriously suggesting that you didnt know the difference between right and wrong at aged 10?

I've never been struggling to survive, possibly like the kid.

There were numerous ways to get out of the situation, without punching a 10 year old, a palm to the face would even do.

I've never been struggling to survive, possibly like the kid.

There were numerous ways to get out of the situation, without punching a 10 year old, a palm to the face would even do.

so what did you mean by "they dont know any better"?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dukedalton

a 10 year old kid isn't a scumbag. it's a 10 year old kid. they don't know any better. and doubt the punch is going to stop any more muggins, probably will cause the kid to stab sooner than he would.

And if it was you that was the victim of this attempted mugging, would you be as soft in your description of the perpetrator?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭OU812

Lemme make this clear for you. I punched the "person" holding a knife out, with the point at me. I had an automatic reaction & punched them in the face, if they were taller it probably would have been the throat, chest or stomach, (depending on height obviously). Their gender had nothing to do with it. It was automatic.

On Friday, I was horrified, however, two days later, I'm glad I did it. I have no idea if I would or could do it again, but I like to think if anyone threatens me (or those I care about) again, I'd have the fortitude to do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Castor Oil

What a disgusting thread. I wish I hadn't read it. The whole incident is shocking and sad, for both the OP and the child involved. Seriously, this kind of thread makes me weep for humanity....what a fúcked up way for adults to respond. Assaulting a child on impulse is one thing, the big circle jerk of congratulations is a million times worse.

There's self defence and there's excessive force.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

There's self defence and there's excessive force.

The OP said that the mugger threatened to "stick him".
    What would be an appropriate response to that?

One punch was not excessive at all imo.

The OP said that the mugger threatened to "stick him".
    What would be an appropriate response to that?

One punch was not excessive at all imo.

10 year old kid. 10 years old. 10.

so let the op tell us what situation the kid was left in. broken jaw? broken nose?

so let the op tell us what situation the kid was left in. broken jaw? broken nose?

a little wiser regarding the possible consequences of commiting criminal activities perhaps?

Yeah, I know for definite that's what would be at the forefront of my thinking if I was lying in my hospital bed with my stab wounds :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Castor Oil wrote: »
    What a disgusting thread. I wish I hadn't read it. The whole incident is shocking and sad, for both the OP and the child involved. Seriously, this kind of thread makes me weep for humanity....what a fúcked up way for adults to respond. Assaulting a child on impulse is one thing, the big circle jerk of congratulations is a million times worse.

The only post on this thread that makes any sense.

I have an 11 year old boy, how an adult could punch one in the face is beyond me ! There are other way of restraining a child who is out of control or dangerous ! I could hold my son back with one hand if I had too !

Poor kid, what kind of family has he come from to make him attack someone with a knife ?

Wonder how many posters on this thread actually bothered their arses voting yesterday to try and help kids like this !

Punching him in the face will achieve nothing at all, just reinforce his need for violence to get through life !

Some of the comments on here are sickening ! Stamp on his balls, break his spine, you seriously should have a think about what your actually saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Castor Oil

BBDBB wrote: »
    a little wiser regarding the possible consequences of commiting criminal activities perhaps?

Yes, children who get punched in the face by adults often grow up to be very wise.

I'd be surprised if a child who is robbing at knifepoint at 10 hasn't died by violence or suicide by 16. (Cue the "good riddance" comments.)

We're talking about a child that probably knows the kind of suffering and abuse at home that we can't even imagine.

Violent children don't just fall out of the sky; they're created by the adults in their lives.

The OP contributed to a cycle of violence. I get that he didn't intend to do it, was in a scary situation and felt really upset at having done it. Being upset is the correct response for doing something that is clearly wrong.

The responses here are revolting. The idea that this wasn't a child? Fúcking denial. This was a child. All of you who've thanked the OP's post lack a basic human trait: compassion.

• Advertisement

How many of you coming out with this holier than thou nonsense would be spouting same if you were attacked by a knife-wielding lunatic? Easy to have an enlightened outlook on humanity when your safe at home typing on your laptop; if you were confronted by this scenario on the street I suspect your attitudes might be different.

Advertisement