Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've just punched a child

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Castor Oil

I love the way one or two are arguing for that knackers right to mug or possibly kill a man with a family because ah well he is only a child!!!

Spot on; you've really got a handle on the finer points of the discussion.

I am arguing for "knackers" to have rights to mug or possibly kill men, because they are children.

Brilliance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I love the way one or two are arguing for that knackers right to mug or possibly kill a man with a family because ah well he is only a child!!! Absolute ****e being talked here now

some people just want to watch the world burn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

tempura wrote: »
    Its highly unlikely that a ten year old child could have murdered the op, assuming the op is a full grown male !

Ridiculous, the scumbag had a knife. The OP could have been stabbed or if in a scuffle landed on the knife, a knife in the vital organs would kill an elephant.

Supraman wrote: »
    what do the do-gooders suggest ?

Wow, someone thinks I am a do-gooder. Chuffed. And all I had to do was tell After Hours I reckon they're morally decrepit.

I suggest that what is done is done: I don't know what I would have done myself, probably given them my money. Is that a solution? No.

What is sick is the delight at a child being punched. A child whose life is already a complete disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

EEm wrote: »
    I've never been struggling to survive, possibly like the kid.

There were numerous ways to get out of the situation, without punching a 10 year old, a palm to the face would even do.

Name them?

Walk away - get stabbed in the back

Try to take the knife - get slashed in the hand or wrist

Tell him to fcuk off - get stabbed

Run away - kid does the next poor unfortunate

Seriously folks he was confronted by someone with a knife. These kids nowadays are more streetwise than a lot of you reckon or give credit to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

As a Father you would be happy for your children to see you punch a ten year old child ? Nice.

Its highly unlikely that a ten year old child could have murdered the op, assuming the op is a full grown male !

Tbh yes, if I had a child and they came to me one day and said that someone, child or whoever, had came at them with a knife in an attempted mugging and they said that they then punched this person id say fair play to them and id be very proud and happy for them that they know how to defend themselves and that they got away unharmed from a situation like that.

Fair play to you OP :) Hope the little fcuk, and those like him, learn from it in some way! If you pull any weapon on someone, or come at them aggressively and unprovoked then your at a big and risk of getting yourself hurt at least, thats life!

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    id say fair play to them and id be very proud and happy for them

Yeah, good times guys. Good times. Proud AND happy! It's like winning a big prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Castor Oil wrote: »
    Yeah, good times guys. Good times. Proud AND happy! It's like winning a big prize.

It's so obvious your a re-reg account just out to stir ****!! And with that ill take a bow!!!

Btw op good to see you have great survival instincts!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I said it before, there are other ways to restrain a child that age without resorting to such a violent act.

That's undeniable. If the child had been looking to punch and kick OP, it would have been appropriate. But for fúck's sake, the child had a goddamn knife! You don't take chances if a weapon like a knife is involved.

What is sick is the delight at a child being punched. A child whose life is already a complete disaster.

When I was a child I was watching cartoons and playing football not carrying a knife to steal off people who work for their possessions.

• Advertisement

It's so obvious your a re-reg account just out to stir ****!! And with that ill take a bow!!!

Whatever I might be, I assure you these are my genuine opinions. Not every person on boards is as vicious as this thread might lead you to believe. Goodnight.

hucklebuck wrote: »
    When I was a child I was watching cartoons and playing football not carrying a knife to steal off people who work for their possessions.

Wow, sounds like you were a really good child. Well done.

Anyone who's ever worked with violent children (as I do) knows that they learn it at home. By having it inflicted on them. Children who were not treated violently who become violent are the exception. That's why the world goes so crazy when someone from a "good background" commits a violent crime. I suppose you were all delighted to hear that children in St. Pat's get their clothes ripped off them with knives as disciplinary action. What a nation we live in.

Seriously, this thread has shocked me. Not the OP - that was an instinctive response. But your responses to what he went through and what that child went through are really base, really gross and really unsettling. My last post on this thread. I presume the fun and games can recommence now that the niggling conscience voice of the bleeding heart liberal PC brigade do gooder has moved on.

You're not good people.

Goodnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Well done OP.:cool: Hope you are over your ordeal and not losing any sleep over the litle **** with the knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Whats bothering me the most about this thread is the delight in the violent reaction.

This happened last week to my son and his friends.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056802551

As angry as I am about it, I can't help thinking that if the guys who attacked my son and his friends ( they were about 18 or 19 ) had some kind in intervention at the age of ten, then maybe this wouldn't have happened. The majority of replies on this thread are in favour of a violent reaction !

It won't achieve anything, only make the child worse.

Its just reacting to violence with violence, it solves nothing.

The thread just reeks of violent anger and no solution, no compassion, its sad to see.

My son and his friends didn't react to their attack, they were four against two so possibly might have had a chance. Im glad they didn't get violent, they still sustained injuries but have no regrets about not fighting back.

They gave it some thought and knew that fighting would only make the situation worse.

Wow, sounds like you were a really good child. Well done.

Anyone who's ever worked with violent children (as I do) knows that they learn it at home. By having it inflicted on them. Children who were not treated violently who become violent are the exception. That's why the world goes so crazy when someone from a "good background" commits a violent crime. I suppose you were all delighted to hear that children in St. Pat's get their clothes ripped off them with knives as disciplinary action. What a nation we live in.

Seriously, this thread has shocked me. Not the OP - that was an instinctive response. But your responses to what he went through and what that child went through are really base, really gross and really unsettling. My last post on this thread. I presume the fun and games can recommence now that the niggling conscience voice of the bleeding heart liberal PC brigade do gooder has moved on.

You're not good people.

Goodnight.

Yes, I was and I am a very law abiding adult too. So his dad may have hit him but is that justification for carrying a knife to threaten the public?

I got the wooden spoon too many times to remember as a kid and I turned out fine, its a convenient excuse as is "disadvantaged area".

There are plenty of parents now that don't hit their kids and their kids turn out to be scumbags.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Whats bothering me the most about this thread is the delight in the violent reaction.

As angry as I am about it, I can't help thinking that if the guys who attacked my son and his friends ( they were about 18 or 19 ) had some kind in intervention at the age of ten, then maybe this wouldn't have happened. The majority of replies on this thread are in favour of a violent reaction !

The thread just reeks of violent anger and no solution, no compassion, its sad to see.

My son and his friends didn't react to their attack, they were four against two so possibly might have had a chance. Im glad they didn't get violent, they still sustained injuries but have no regrets about not fighting back.

They gave it some thought and knew that fighting would only make the situation worse.

unfortunate situation to happen to your kid and friends. OP did the right thing as he was bigger and stronger than his attacker. If the attacker was 6 ft 5 an d built like a tank then OP would have no choice but to hand over his belongings. He wanted to keep his belongings and not hand them over to a little runt. He also did not want to get stabbed and instinct when you are danger is to protect yourself. For the risk of getting stabbed he punched the little runt. Nothing wrong with it, its self defense.

That's terrible I hope the lads are ok?

But 14 year olds walking around pimlico? I know city well and that's right in middle of junkie land what the hell were 14 year olds doing there on their own?

I don't condone violence I condone the op reacting the way he did and potentially saving his life!!

Can't believe what happened your son and friends so sad I mean that I really hope they are ok!!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

That's terrible I hope the lads are ok?

But 14 year olds walking around pimlico? I know city well and that's right in middle of junkie land what the hell were 14 year olds doing there on their own?

I don't condone violence I condone the op reacting the way he did and potentially saving his life!!

Can't believe what happened your son and friends so sad I mean that I really hope they are ok!!

Thanks, they were walking to Digital Hub from school where they do an IT course after school. Unfortunately the Hub is in this area. You think at 14 they would be safe enough but not so ! Know the area as live in D8 myself, have never experienced this before though. They won't be going on their own again, back to the dropping off and collection in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

So many LOLs in this thread. Fecksake lads I can hardly breathe!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Is the mod on holiday.

• Advertisement

Thanks, they were walking to Digital Hub from school where they do an IT course after school. Unfortunately the Hub is in this area. You think at 14 they would be safe enough but not so ! Know the area as live in D8 myself, have never experienced this before though. They won't be going on their own again, back to the dropping off and collection in the car.

I know the digital hub I deliver there!!

I'm a big guy literally rugby prop 18 stone and I **** myself around that part of town.. You can never be big enough it's what the scumbags you meet are capable of..

Meth is a huge problem there now and that is much worse than heroin the flickers on Meth are stone mad.. Defo drop son take my advice and good luck sir

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Yeah, that's what was said.

It's what your implying.

Ill give you all a reason why op was right to deck anyone with a knife young or old!!

I about 6 years ago was out in town and coming home with the now wife and 2 friends. We were walking along and were asked for a smoke, I said sorry mate don't smoke but if I did I'd give you one. Said ok I said safe home and we went on our way.

Got to end of street and same guy walked around corner and walked straight up in my face I panicked and said are you alright? Do you need help as he looked off face. Seen him going to his pocket and knew he was gonna do something by his body language I stupidly froze instead of hitting him and got a syringe stuck in side of my neck... Following that 3 lads came from nowhere bottle to back of head and laughed as they kicked the **** out of me. 6 months waiting for 3 HIV results as I was that frightened I got absolute all clear. That happened me cos I didn't react when I knew I was in danger. It's a terrible thing being attacked etc it kills your confidence and that's why I commended op for defending himself.

I don't talk about this to friends as its too raw and I can't take the fact I was powerless and that's a bad feeling as all know me as the big man and not a pushover..

I know op hit a kid but he saved himself the indignity of being hurt or robbed etc.

Loads of us I'm sure are thinking that kid needs help but what he did was inexcusable.. If he is doing that as a kid give him 5 years and then look forward to meeting him and his friends around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

seriously, a few posters are coming here and saying that it was wrong for the op to defend himself because someone had a knife at him and the perpetrator was 10 years old......

COP THE FCUK ON !!!!

the op had to defend himself. other posters have pointed out on other hypothetical scenarios if the op didn't hit him. the neyers haven't said anything of note except to wag the finger at the op

i'm happy what the op did to defend himself.

well done op

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Skyflyer1234

Did the Op take a different way to work this morning or went same way without trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The kid learned a valuable lesson about producing a weapon in front of someone and that he can't intimidate whoever he wants because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

I wouldn't call a gurrier such as him/her a ''child''. Well done to you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I stupidly froze instead of hitting him and got a syringe stuck in side of my neck...
    Nothing wrong with freezing DK, it's a natural reaction. Fight, flight or freeze. Especially if you're not trained to react or used to dealing with this stuff. I remember reading of a guy who was a member of the British SAS, more than that he was one of their unarmed combat trainers and he got mugged and thumped with it by a couple of scum. As he said himself he was out for an evening, it happened when and where he least expected it so his training didn't kick in fast enough(and luckily for them they got away before it did).

I've frozen myself and I've run away and I've reacted. Years ago a scumbag pulled a screwdriver on me in Dublin city centre in the middle of the afternoon and I froze like a bloody statue. Can't remember much of the incident at all. Over in seconds, felt like loong minutes and I was 50 quid lighter. I felt serious shock and rage afterwards.

Less than a month later again in Dublin centre, but this time late at night when walking home from the pub(tho sober as I didn't drink at the time), another scumbag pulled a syringe like in your experience and pushed me into the alley/dark corner he'd sprung from, but that time I reacted. I clearly recall thinking of the impotent rage of my recent scumbag encounter and that this guy was threatening my very life and the red mist descended. Thank christ I'm a weakling as I fully intended to kill him. Well in my head it wasn't that clearcut or definite, more like I started hitting him and frankly and being honest got a weird buzz from that and I just didn't want to stop. I even got a buzz from him hitting me and me not feeling a damn thing(until later). Luckily a passerby noticed what was going on and pulled me away from him. I remember him saying "he's not worth it man, he's not worth it man" and at that point I burst into laughter cos it sounded like something from a film and I was in shock I suppose. He was right though. My life ruined because of some slack jawed oxygen stealer? No bloody way.

On mature recollection? Well given the choice I'd take avoidance/flight/run away and day of the week. If it comes to freeze or fight? Honestly? I feel better about myself with the second example above. Not by much, but enough.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Did the Op take a different way to work this morning or went same way without trouble?

Went to the next stop & walked back a different way. I'm feeling ballsy, not crazy :)

Will be varying route for a couple of weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Skyflyer1234

OU812 wrote: »
    Went to the next stop & walked back a different way. I'm feeling ballsy, not crazy :)

Will be varying route for a couple of weeks

Best of I'd say, nothing worse than little scumbags getting their cousins or uncles involved only because they got a hiding.

Mind me asking where around town this was , if not mention in this Thread yet?

Advertisement