Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've just punched a child

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

OU812 wrote: »
    Heading into work, headphones on, head down. A kid about 10 or 12 stepped in front of me @ said something. Took off the headphones & he pulled a knife out & said "gimme yet f**ken' money & phone or F**ken' I'll stick ya".

I've never hit anyone before, don't know where it came from but I just lashed out, punched him straight in the face & he ended up on his back. I legged it & am sitting here, feeling like I'm gonna puke with a very sore hand & legs like jelly.

So he definitely wasn't 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

HEY!

No one plays knifey spoony without my say so.

Congrats. It took 3 years, but you finally got to use that joke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

More importantly, what music were you listening to?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

gozunda wrote: »
    Knowing how some scumbag families work - I would report this to the Garda ASAP

The little scrot will probably report you for attacking him / gbh

So get your report in first. Any witnesses or CCTV in the area?

I would honestly file it with the Gardai. Have your boss as a character reference, stating your condition upon arriving at work and the fact you had to go home.

I would do it today to be honest OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

And were your headphones annoyingly loud at the time??

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 16 Pass the Sauce love

Fair play OP....anyone with a knife = dangerous.

I would have picked the little fecker up and butted him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Fair play OP....anyone with a knife = dangerous.

I would have picked the little fecker up and butted him too.

I read this as "buttered him too" - i was thinking what sort of fúckwit tries to mug someone with a butter knife! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

disagree with not reporting it to cops. Just let them know where it happened and when. You got away, what if there's a young woman walking to work that way and the sh1t chances his arm again tomorrow? You have a duty to at least let the cops know to keep an eye in the area for a black-eyed little scummer, and search him. You don't need to press charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Zuroph makes a good point. If this was a thread about someone getting stabbed and there were people saying they had been threatened before by someone with a weapon in that area there would be a crowd of rubberneckers braying as to why it wasn't reported.
    Civic responsibility being the buzz word(s).

Well done OP.

The reason you feel so shaken is because precisely because you arenot a scumbag. It will pass, and in time you'll be delighted that you did what you did

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Furious_George

OP, do you want to join my vigilante group. We will be going around dealing out justice to the scum that plague the ordinary decent people of this country....and when we are finished with Dail Eireann we will go punch some scumbags.

To start with it will be just you and I. You because you have proven yourself under pressure, me because it was my idea. We shall grow our numbers through ambushing other boardsies is rather inventive ways; the ones that react the best will be in. It will make quite the montage and somewhere along the line it will involve monkeys..... I'm just not sure how yet.

Boardsies who wish to join up please express interest below (if anyone can find face kicker let him know too) . We will come for you, you will not know when or where but we will come.

On a related note OP, you got access to wheels? because it'll be a crap montage otherwise and we're going to need to transport the monkeys. A van would be perfect.

What say you OP?

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

You should have done this I'm afraid. Would have been even more epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Do we know where this happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Had to be Slayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭TheHamster

: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter phone go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Jasus if he stopped and said all that to the kid before he hit him, the kid would be asleep on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 anastasia2

''My 11 Year Old Son Punched in the Face - Guards do NOTHING.
    Earlier today a grown man punched my 11 year old son in the head. This is a complete and utter disgrace. My son apparently had a rubber knife we got him for haloween and jokingly said to some awkward looking (his words) man that he wanted his money. Its important to know that my son had a smile on his face the whole time and the knife is quite CLEARLY a jokeshop knife.''

Is the above thread connected to this one?
    jeez what a mess. Why dont parents teach their children not to approach strangers and to have some respect for others!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Before this one gets locked as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭poeticseraphim

What area were you in?Tell us so we can avoid it?

Seriously...i am a young female....this stuff terrifies me

Youth crime is getting more deadly.

And i am small and maybe guys can do this stuff..but lets say a 16 yr old guy has a knife....or just is violent..I am screwed!

Women should do some form of self defense...maybe i will

Ireland is getting worse crime wise the GOVT does NOTHING

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

What area were you in?Tell us so we can avoid it?

Seriously...i am a young female....this stuff terrifies me

Surely by now you realise that the place nor time doesn't really matter, it can happen to anybody, anywhere at any time. There is no scumbag zone where they all congregate and nobody ever steps outside of it. Worrying about it makes you an easy target, lose the anxiety but not your wits/street smarts.

Fair play OP, nice job and good to hear you got out of the situation without getting hurt.
    Put the ear phones back in, look for some Rocky music and dance around the office shadow boxing thinking you're the shìt, singing to yourself "you're the best around, nothing's ever gonna keep you down, your the best around".

If the boss says anything just chin the kant.

Thanked this through tears of laughter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

I do believe this is the first thread in AH history where EVERYONE is in agreement!

By giving that young fella a belt, you've helped to make boards.ie history. Well done OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

no its not ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Well done OP, I would shake your hand if I could

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

OU812 wrote: »
    Heading into work, headphones on, head down. A kid about 10 or 12 stepped in front of me @ said something. Took off the headphones & he pulled a knife out & said "gimme yet f**ken' money & phone or F**ken' I'll stick ya".

I've never hit anyone before, don't know where it came from but I just lashed out, punched him straight in the face & he ended up on his back. I legged it & am sitting here, feeling like I'm gonna puke with a very sore hand & legs like jelly.

Mom's spagetthi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

TheHamster wrote: »
    : I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter phone go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The_Citizen goes missing

The OP signs up to Boards this year

re-reg? Is The_Citizen back?

Putting fear in scumbags everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

Eh, Hello people?

Why are there so many saying well done to this Guy?

It was a cowardly thing he done.

There is no need for violence. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Big Bottom wrote: »
    Eh, Hello people?

Okay, you keep telling yourself that. Let us know how trying to convince the next mugger you meet to talk about his problems over a cup of tea works out for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Eh, Hello people?

No need for him to potentially stop a scumbag from sticking him or someone else with a knife?? COP ON WILL YOU

Well done op!!!

Any parent cannot say if one of their kids had done this that they wouldn't deserve a slap!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Eh, Hello people?

easy to say when youre not the one facing the knife.i have a wife and 2 kids and if he pulled a knife on me whether hes 10 or 6ft hed be lucky if all he got was a punch.it was your natural instinct, fair play

Advertisement