Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've just punched a child

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

he wasn't a child he was a scumbag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

OU812 wrote: »
    Heading into work, headphones on, head down. A kid about 10 or 12 stepped in front of me @ said something. Took off the headphones & he pulled a knife out & said "gimme yet f**ken' money & phone or F**ken' I'll stick ya".

I've never hit anyone before, don't know where it came from but I just lashed out, punched him straight in the face & he ended up on his back. I legged it & am sitting here, feeling like I'm gonna puke with a very sore hand & legs like jelly.

Well played.

You did nothing wrong.

Be sure and do something nice for yourself during the day and have a great weekend - hope the hand gets better quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Strong Light Bulb

I'm in class!! Read this post and laughed out loud!! I wuda done the same thing! Maby gave him a sly kick when he was down too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭jasonmcco

Bit early for a mugging.

i think he's lying a walter mitty if ever i read one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭turtleshead

Whats the odds his mother will be on Liveline later on?

Well played though OP, violence is probably the only thing this little scumbag understands.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

AeoNGriM wrote: »
    "Put a knife against my throat,
    broke his nose, the little scrote"

:pac:

Mama, OOOoooOoooh
    Day had just begun,
    and now I've gone and posted it on AH

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

1/ change your work route and general clothing etc for the next month or so -
    it may be on the look out for you with its buddys .

2/ DO NOT tell the guards - you will likely face charges.

3/ If you are fit , next time just run off while roaring 'catch me if you can, motherf*ckeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr '

4/ personally you should have stamped on his nuts for good measure - but hey thats just me.

5/ well done , and I would buy you a pint if i knew you .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

OP, please change your username to "Childpuncher".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'm in class!! Read this post and laughed out loud!! I wuda done the same thing! Maby gave him a sly kick when he was down too!!

If its English class you're in, you really should pay attention more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,871 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

This definitely needs to be reported as an aggravated mugging attempt so the Guards have your record of it when skobie's family come looking for the wonga.com. In your statement leave out the 'punch' and say you did push past him. Itll be your word against feral boy, and from your statement you sound like an upstanding citizen.

You must have fairly clocked him to have a painful hand, but don't worry, when the pain in your knuckles has faded the satisfaction in your heart will live on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

OP are you sure it wasnt this dude??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Larbre34 wrote: »
    This definitely needs to be reported as an aggravated mugging attempt so the Guards have your record of it when skobie's family come looking for the wonga.com. In your statement leave out the 'punch' and say you did push past him. Itll be your word against feral boy, and from your statement you sound like an upstanding citizen.

You must have fairly clocked him to have a painful hand, but don't worry, when the pain in your knuckles has faded the satisfaction in your heart will live on

You must be joking.
    How are the Gardai going to find him ?

On the TV They get the CSI in to dust down the scene etc.

In real life the Gardai go to Centra and buy a cheese roll and an actimel, then go out and catch people for speeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭TobyRyan

You must be joking.
    How are the Gardai going to find him ?

On the TV They get the CSI in to dust down the scene etc.

In real life the Gardai go to Centra and buy a cheese roll and an actimel, then go out and catch people for speeding.

Brilliant :D

Hmmm what are the chances he won't come back with his scumbag friends?? Take it handy for the next few weeks, not trying to freak you out or anything just don't walk on your own, stick to crowds etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Heading into work, headphones on, head down. A kid about 10 or 12 stepped in front of me @ said something. Took off the headphones & he pulled a knife out & said "gimme yet f**ken' money & phone or F**ken' I'll stick ya".

I've never hit anyone before, don't know where it came from but I just lashed out, punched him straight in the face & he ended up on his back. I legged it & am sitting here, feeling like I'm gonna puke with a very sore hand & legs like jelly.

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight
    Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
    And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
    And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

Thank everyone for your support.

Actually did vomit after. Decided to get a taxi home & am just up after a doze. Felt exhausted.

Have decided not to report it as I don't believe in chasing trouble. Had told boss & a couple of co workers after I got sick so at least I have backup.

Will be getting the train to the next station & walking back for a while.

Can't stop eating. Think the adrenaline ran off a while ago & blood sugar is down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

Phoenix wrote: »
    Was it a big knife op?

Not particularly, apart from the fact it was pointy & sharp looking, I couldn't tell you anything more about it. Didn't really concentrate, it was a totally spontaneous reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Our hero's a wuss! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Actually did vomit after. Decided to get a taxi home & am just up after a doze. Felt exhausted.

Have decided not to report it as I don't believe in chasing trouble. Had told boss & a couple of co workers after I got sick so at least I have backup.

Can't stop eating. Think the adrenaline ran off a while ago & blood sugar is down.

It's just the adrenaline dump. Most people get it. Well according to Henno from Ultimate Force anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

this thread just made my day.

Well done OP. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

Well done op, the little sh.tbag deserved what he got, young or old if you pull a knife on someone you deserves a fist in he face at least. It might teach the little fecker a lesson..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

In the words of the legendary Face Kicker:

"You should have kicked the guy in the face when he fell. "

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭LK_Dave

OP did you pick up the knife?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

What age was this child?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Macca07 wrote: »
    What age was this child?

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Even Bruce Banner feels a little down after he Hulks out. May I suggest you invest in a pair of stretchy trousers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Even Bruce Banner feels a little down after he Hulks out. May I suggest you invest in a pair of stretchy trousers?

You have to wear chequered flannel shirts with them or it doesnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Hope you feel better dude, awful thing to have happen to anyone! Fair play to you man, these little scrotes need to be thought a lesson! So what if he was 12, he probably would have stabbed you had you not sucker punched him!
    Cheered my friday up knowing that little sh*t got a taste of his own medicine!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Congrats. Lols aside, you may have taught that child a life-altering lesson. I would take the advice to change the route to work.

Another poster says not to contact Gardai. Not sure what course of action to take. What do others here think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pnag

Grew up on the North Strand myself, and had to face this crap from locals who didn't know I was a local, because I kept to myself and I actually *wanted* to go to school... Had a couple of fairly similar incidents in my time!

Fair play, you acted defensively and did the right thing. In an ideal world you woud'nt have had to punch anyone, but you did the best with what you were given. I know you won't feel like it, but don't feel bad. Had it gone his way, he wouldn't have.

Advertisement