Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 17 League and Cup General Discussion/Woe sharing!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

corny wrote: »
    If i promoted 6 players with 30k+csr, i'd sell 5 of them because 30k or 40k players wouldn't get near the first team, and the crux of it is - would i turn a profit constantly selling? It doesn't look like it.
    L3 youth academy + youth coach costs 502k per season.
    Training a single senior player with 10 sessions costs about 450k per season.

Now, it looks like L3 YA training is nearly as good as 10 senior sessions - leaving players in until 19 is a real option.

In that context, you can look at it as a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

since we're talking about U20's I decided to go into the offsite for once and have a look!

discovered my trainee has been sidelined completely despite been better than the ones who have stats there or very comparable. the only one with considerably higher csr has higher stamina but mines better in all over stats.

I have another couple of days before i have to respond to another country who've call him up, think I'm going to accept. whats the point of training him for Ireland when they are not in touch and exclude him?:mad:

Sanko has been in touch fair more to enquire on progress, not given him much with planning on releasing him to ireland but now...

This is the thread, and you'll find the stats there. going to update Miron's thread but probably won't now if releasing to Romania.

Whose in charge of the u20's anyway?

/rant!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I wouldnt be too worried about that thread eoferral for 2 reasons...

1. Your player qualifies in S18, or at least according to his thread he does. The thread you linked to is for S17 props and manager coming into the team needs to deal with players for this coming season. Although it would be unwise to discount future(S18) players...

2. This thread is also only Wonders opinion(whom I believe, if I read my ingame mails right, is not standing for election). A new Under 20 coach is still to come in and put his stamp on things. Bring it up with the new guys..

My only critique is that if wonder composed the thread for the next two seasons, he probably went by whats in Mirons thread, but that has not been updated since July?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

yeah it seems like their just assembling a squad for the coming season, and for your guy to slot in as soon as he qualifies.

That's just my reading of it anyways, there's no way their gonna leave a guy out, when hes clearly a better option.. i have been known to be wrong before though?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

eoferrall wrote: »
    since we're talking about U20's I decided to go into the offsite for once and have a look!

discovered my trainee has been sidelined completely despite been better than the ones who have stats there or very comparable. the only one with considerably higher csr has higher stamina but mines better in all over stats.

I have another couple of days before i have to respond to another country who've call him up, think I'm going to accept. whats the point of training him for Ireland when they are not in touch and exclude him?:mad:

Sanko has been in touch fair more to enquire on progress, not given him much with planning on releasing him to ireland but now...

This is the thread, and you'll find the stats there. going to update Miron's thread but probably won't now if releasing to Romania.

Whose in charge of the u20's anyway?

/rant!

As he's not eligible for another season, he wouldnt be included there, thats really just a benchmark squad for the new manager to look at for bringing in this season - be sure to get onto the next manager yourself anyway.

couple things that often come up,
    targets: helps if your willing to talk targets, even if you dont want to follow suggested ones, let them know where you're willing to compromise or the skill spread you'd be hoping to get to.
    updates: really helps to keep guys tracking everything updated, if you dont want the skills on display, make sure to be clear about it, but continue to give regular updates on pops by PM if not in the thread, (yeah, the manager can view it themselves, but theres typically 35+ players to track and the priority of time is usually figuring out the next game)

other than that, if you really just want the extra experience, try get a clear answer, % chance of getting called into the squad in S18, as the call up for Romania probably only has a 4 week window now.

Ah yeah lads, I know he's not eligble for another season, but not a word from anyone. I've no idea who the last u20 was, think it changed halfway through or something did it?

I've been following the target set out at the beginning in the thread and only have 10pops left to meet the minimum in each currently. Not sure what his TSP are as I stop counting once hits the minimum.

Just a bit frustrating in 2 seasons no contact? I updated the thread the odd time, but been very busy and away a lot the last few months so haven't even logged in the offsite until the other day and the only discussion I see is about the squad and not even a mention about Miron for next season. Especially as he is not eligible I would have been in contact to ensure he stuck around as available and rejected other call ups.

I'll get onto the new manager - don't recognise any of the names but that's my fault as not involved with the community much these days for various reasons.

to be honest I kind of stood back from the clubrooms and the offsite as it was becoming very petty and frustrating. And then to log in and see not a mention, I realised it was for s17, but I would have mentioned that in s18 moron became available and would slot in if was in the thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Wouldn't have happened in my day ;)

jprender wrote: »
    Wouldn't have happened in my day ;)
    JP are you running again? went back in this morning and say a load of nominations. no speeches, so hard to know who is running!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

to be honest I kind of stood back from the clubrooms and the offsite as it was becoming very petty and frustrating. And then to log in and see not a mention, I realised it was for s17, but I would have mentioned that in s18 moron became available and would slot in if was in the thoughts.

The community is all at peace now, it's actually a pretty good place to be around! Loads of new faces have stepped up to the plate and it no longer is one or two doing all the work. I wouldn't be too concerned about communication and your player, as a foreigner who can't come in until WC season it's probably more up to you to inform the guys of your intention! I can't really speak for what they think but I know if it was me I wouldn't be making promises to managers of NIQ players, if he doesn't make the final team cut you wouldn't be happy. Take Chegg for example, Dave had no guarantees but he took the gamble and it paid off with a WC medal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

How do your players get noticed for U-20 representation?

Does the coach scout them or do you bring the player to the attention of the coach to have a look?

I'm a long way off having a top academy, but it is my long term goal to produce my own players and train them up.

What kind of CSR would a player coming out of a lv3 academy with a lv3 coach all the way through to 19 come out with? And what kind of CSR would be required for U20 representation? (untrainables and correct distribution of his talent aside...)

Phonehead wrote: »
    The community is all at peace now, it's actually a pretty good place to be around! Loads of new faces have stepped up to the plate and it no longer is one or two doing all the work. I wouldn't be too concerned about communication and your player, as a foreigner who can't come in until WC season it's probably more up to you to inform the guys of your intention! I can't really speak for what they think but I know if it was me I wouldn't be making promises to managers of NIQ players, if he doesn't make the final team cut you wouldn't be happy. Take Chegg for example, Dave had no guarantees but he took the gamble and it paid off with a WC medal.

I might start dipping in again so, I just backed off it completely after the furore that was there during the GH reign. and then never got back into it.

My intention was clear at the start he was being trained for the U20's and to regard him as irish, but that if Romania came calling I would inquire as to his prospects. I posted in that thread above but no response?

Obviously I don't expect him to make it just because I trained him for u20's (only one of my trainees made it before) but I train firstly to improve my team, that tallies with the u20 aim too so fine.

But Romania have now come calling I have posted about it on the offsite, and heard nothing and posted here and got far more response, but none from u20 team. maybe there should be a sticky on offsite so people know who to contact? I know in previous years I would have mailed JP to find out the story.

If he wasn't good enough I would have no issues, but he is (IMO better than the other 5 props in the programme so I would have been keeping in touch.

They have another day or two to get in touch anyway, the word is out there for "them" whoever they is! if don't want him that is their call and he will travel to Romania.

I was just a bit pissed when I went looking and realised they had started identifying the squad and not a mention of him.

[Jackass] wrote: »
    How do your players get noticed for U-20 representation?

Does the coach scout them or do you bring the player to the attention of the coach to have a look?

I'm a long way off having a top academy, but it is my long term goal to produce my own players and train them up.

What kind of CSR would a player coming out of a lv3 academy with a lv3 coach all the way through to 19 come out with? And what kind of CSR would be required for U20 representation? (untrainables and correct distribution of his talent aside...)

Usually they are identified in YA, but occasionally ones slip through and you are welcome to bring players to the coaches attention that have been missed.

With currently YA (before changes which look to be significant effects) you took the player out as soon as 17 and trained on 10sessions at best level you have for 4 years to get them around 120k+ some positions are lower as untrainables counteract csr, like a tall heavy lock might get in if lower csr due to build.

Usually they are identified in YA, but occasionally ones slip through and you are welcome to bring players to the coaches attention that have been missed.

also if their not scouted on the right week of the right season, with minimum of 30 stars, their chances of making the U20 squad are zilch..

Its a great way to mix with the community and and get to know everyone

@eoferrall it seems like Amleto, the U20 manager for the past 2 seasons has totally stepped back from the u20 scene.

so as far as these squad selection threads that are popping up, i wouldn't take to much notice of them, its just wonderful world keeping himself busy and trying to have a bit of ground work laid down for the eventual winner of the U20 managers election in a few weeks.

It'd be no harm to post a pic of Mirons current skills in his thread just so everyone can see how hes getting on, as your last update was a few months ago

Also as Phonehead said, the community is slowly but surely perking up again after GH's reign of terror :P

Last seasons U20 WC had massive attention on the offsite, theres a few lads (like myself) trying to make it a happy place again! a few regular posts here n there keeps people posting and active! so be no harm for any of the newbies from this or last season to register up and join in! http://br-ireland.forumakers.com

JP are you running again? went back in this morning and say a load of nominations. no speeches, so hard to know who is running!

No mate, I've no real time for serious BR management these days.
    Just picking a team and letting it roll :pac:

It'll be interesting to see who runs for the U20 role? If you can get the gig NT management is easily the best part of the game but it's one hell of a commitment. I still shudder at the thoughts of reading the match commentary, I actually still haven't scouted since :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

From the list the only one with a speech with is an Englishman! We need speeches.

Mar-z your name is there are you going for it?

From the list the only one with a speech with is an Englishman! We need speeches.
    Looks like the English guy has 2 accounts n is backing himself with the second account ! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

thats 2 votes more than anyone else ha

I am actually a little surprised that no one from the community/Ireland has put their name forward yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Mar-z your name is there are you going for it?

No, not running. Don't have the time to put into the scouting, etc needed for the commitment.

Although it's something like the 3rd vote in a row I've been nominated so I obviously have a fan :p

• Advertisement

Quick tip gentlemen, never search the TM late at night/early in the mornings...

Just realised that I bid on(and now purchased) someone last night who has a 3 for stamina.... I pride myself on my teams stamina, and he is the only player in the squad in the single digits.

What the f*** was I thinking :(

satory wrote: »
    I am actually a little surprised that no one from the community/Ireland has put their name forward yet...

Usually one of the managers involved in the UTP want the job and I would normally support them as they have shown commitment to the team being developed.

I know I've had a couple of mails from steacym about the S20 U20's put have no idea if he's interested in the top spot.

Just realised that I bid on(and now purchased) someone last night who has a 3 for stamina.... I pride myself on my teams stamina, and he is the only player in the squad in the single digits.

3 in stamina is a killer alright, even if all the other skills are excellent it will severely hamper his performance.

Impact sub?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I sometimes wonder about the choices that go on in these elections. I think after GH there's going to be an unreasonable leaning towards off-site participation rather than actually being a good manager. Ideally you need the perfect blend of both, but I can see people getting voted in for being chatty rather than having a clue about the game.

Amleto sure wasn't chatty and he had no problems winning the election.

I'll probably regret it at some point over the next few days, but I just put my name forward...

someone had to do it, atleast its someone with experience with the U20s

Just declined a vote for the German Journalist job... haha, wtf? Do people just randomly nominate people for the craic? :pac:

eh clearly you gotz the skillz mang. id love to know who nominated GH for the Croatian job :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Phonehead wrote: »
    Amleto sure wasn't chatty and he had no problems winning the election.

Yeah, I had no idea from his manager name but knew his team of course.

Maybe it's just an impression I got with no actual basis in reality, or the groundswell against GH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭crisco10

Amleto wasn't the chattiest but he was a good active communicator. You don't have to be chatty really.

Think Jackass was asking about training an U20, it's a pricey enough endevaour. I just did the sums on Cian O'Keane (U20 WC winner!). The individual sessions cost in total about $1 million for the coachs and about $1.5 million for facilities.

I didn't count team sessions, as the cost per individual varied a lot in the 4 season period he was in training for. (And you're doing team sessions anyway)

I also didn't apportion any of the capital costs required for advertsiing and building to the training. I just looked at them as one off club expenses.

On the upside I now have a ~170k CSR 20y/o prop.

crisco10 wrote: »
    Amleto wasn't the chattiest but he was a good active communicator. You don't have to be chatty really.

Think Jackass was asking about training an U20, it's a pricey enough endevaour. I just did the sums on Cian O'Keane (U20 WC winner!). The individual sessions cost in total about $1 million for the coachs and about $1.5 million for facilities.

I didn't count team sessions, as the cost per individual varied a lot in the 4 season period he was in training for. (And you're doing team sessions anyway)

I also didn't apportion any of the capital costs required for advertsiing and building to the training. I just looked at them as one off club expenses.

On the upside I now have a ~170k CSR 20y/o prop.

which you could sell for >2.5m I would speculate.

Must look at the sums invovled and see if cheaper to buy! but there is a certain satisfaction that your best players came from YA and trained up. very leinsteresque! :p

My best players are rapidly all becoming players I have trained to that level

which you could sell for >2.5m I would speculate.

Must look at the sums invovled and see if cheaper to buy! but there is a certain satisfaction that your best players came from YA and trained up. very leinsteresque! :p

I think for utility backs or backrows it might be cheaper to buy but specialists like front rows, locks, tens and fullbacks of U20 grade go for silly money.

Made all the relevant clicks yesterday... CSDS is getting back in the YA business!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Completely agree, I'd much prefer a strong youth academy to just buying in players. I've no idea why. If I was to run a real rugby club I'd be of the same philosophy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Basically just created my team, weak in a lot of areas but slowly rectifying it. I only have one other non-bot in my league. Playing him saturday. He's bought a shed load of players over the last season and as he wasn't promoted, he's stuck here with me. Now, looking at stats he's better than me in all areas. All of them... My lineout is my only good attacking platform and it goes without saying that I'll LTNT. He hasn't logged on since October so he'll be playing normal, should be interesting to see if I can beat him with my inferior team on LTNT.

Jaysus I missed being a nerd and studying this shíte haha. Pathetic :D

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Basically just created my team, weak in a lot of areas but slowly rectifying it. I only have one other non-bot in my league. Playing him saturday. He's bought a shed load of players over the last season and as he wasn't promoted, he's stuck here with me. Now, looking at stats he's better than me in all areas. All of them... My lineout is my only good attacking platform and it goes without saying that I'll LTNT. He hasn't logged on since October so he'll be playing normal, should be interesting to see if I can beat him with my inferior team on LTNT.

Jaysus I missed being a nerd and studying this shíte haha. Pathetic :D

Most of the time you'll find a half-assed manager will just buy big CSR and not really construct a solid fighting unit. Lost count of the amount of times I've come up against a team with double the CSR who just get beaten around the park by my mediocre-numbered gents. I've also come up against plenty of excellent managers who make sure the CSR really counts... and then I get destroyed :D

Wish you the best of luck, I reckon if he's AFK for that long you should be grrrrand.

Ahhh, U20 silly season on tm!

13zvq6t.jpg

• Advertisement

christ on a bike!!!

If only you could time the release of players...

I always remember to sell them at like stupid o' clock! Bah!

Holy feck! I'm gonna try and cash in with a slightly crappier player!

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=12142234

At least he has some untrainable advantages...the guy originally posted doesn't have much other than a half decent csr for a 17 year old...that's insane money!! If I get a bid on my guy I'll be amazed! :D If I do, I have another crappy 17 year old to flog who's just hanging around as a cheap wage lamb to slaughter player / playing a bot teams.

It all depends on the birthday jackass.

Your guy is too old for the U20 WC in Season 20.

Haha, damn it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Got 1.9 mil for a 19yo there a few days ago. Not particularily wonderful, had underpreformed for me! I'll try pick up two guys in his place.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna sell a hooker, utility back and 2nd row tomorrow after the league match. All three are a bit long in the tooth, but would serve a new or mid-table div III team nicely if they're looking for a sub or a short-term boost... so hopefully I get some beans.

Lads, I'll be honest... I am super stoked about my first match in Div II. I looked through my league and I've the weakest CSR around, so I'm sure to be the underdog... which is great! Love having to fight all season long!

• Site Banned Posts: 154 ✭✭EEm

Ooooooh I get to vote :D Woooo, exciting! :)

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I'm gonna sell a hooker, utility back and 2nd row tomorrow after the league match. All three are a bit long in the tooth, but would serve a new or mid-table div III team nicely if they're looking for a sub or a short-term boost... so hopefully I get some beans.

Lads, I'll be honest... I am super stoked about my first match in Div II. I looked through my league and I've the weakest CSR around, so I'm sure to be the underdog... which is great! Love having to fight all season long!

I'm so unreasonably excited about the season kicking off in a couple of hours! I start my season at home to a team that will surely be a fellow relegation battler come the end of the season and one of the teams I'm targeting to finish ahead of, so going all out to start with a win and announce my arrival...big game for an opener!

• Site Banned Posts: 154 ✭✭EEm

Expecting to win my game today. Hopefully I can keep a strong defense going. Won my cup game 122-0 midweek so another strong showing and I'll be happy.

A team transferred from england and into my division, by the looks of them they shud be in div2.. i d say they'll win all their matches and auto promote next season.

Up against them today so threw out the seconds to be slaughtered

• Advertisement
Advertisement