Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2012 Graduates - the next step

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

The Irish Times is well worth it's cover price today ;-)

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/health/2012/1120/1224326834410.html

Great read Killian, nice start to my day! You even gave us a semi-plug!!

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

blockic wrote: »
    Great read Killian, nice start to my day! You even gave us a semi-plug!!

Thanks everyone - we are all adverts about what can be achieved in running with a bit of effort & dedication. I just did it a bit more publicly than you lot!

I did mention the DCM Novices thread specifically, but it got edited!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Fantastic Killian! I've no doubt this will inspire many for DCM 2013:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭docrock

Well done Killian - a lot of people on these shows get forgotten about once the camera stops running ( pun intended), so fair play to you for keeping the show going & showing everyone what can still be done after OT. I read in the papers at the weekend that ex Cork hurler Kevin Hennessy is looking for a place on the show this year, he's gone up to 22 stone or something & seemingly had cancer a few years ago as well , I hardly even recognised him in the picture, some player in his day.

My condolences on your nan ncmc, 95 was a great age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

I don't see the DCM12 +3 tab(or any tabs) at the bottom of the sheet today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭dazza21ie

I don't see the DCM12 +3 tab(or any tabs) at the bottom of the sheet today :D

It's there at the moment and a few have logged for today's runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Brilliant stuff killian. Meno will have that article on his bedroom wall after the genius reference!! He may even forgive you for being a heel striker ;)

Keep up the great work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Gavlor wrote: »
    Brilliant stuff killian. Meno will have that article on his bedroom wall after the genius reference!! He may even forgive you for being a heel striker ;)

Keep up the great work

So Meno will have poster on the bedroom wall and Blockic was happy with the semi Killian gave him.

Quite the pin up is our Killian :p

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dechol

Well done on the interview. Great achievements in one year.

dazza21ie wrote: »
    It's there at the moment and a few have logged for today's runs.
    Not on mine its not :( Maybe its my stupid computer. As it is it won't let me open any downloads :mad:

• Advertisement

I've been moaning at work about the fact we work our asses off but rarely get a freebie night out. Sooo, the boss in his pre Scrooge spirit has organised a night for us in the big smoke.... 2 days before the Waterford half :(

I've been moaning at work about the fact we work our asses off but rarely get a freebie night out. Sooo, the boss in his pre Scrooge spirit has organised a night for us in the big smoke.... 2 days before the Waterford half :(
    emo77.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I went on a night out 2 days before the Cork city marathon relay, it was only 10 miles, but at the time it was the longest I'd run. I went out intending to have two or three drinks and an early night, I ended up having about 6 drinks and not getting home til 2:30! I was panicking that is blown it, but after a good nights sleep the next night I was fine.

Go out, have a good time, don't do the total dog and you'll be grand!

Past 500 mile mark tonight for the year. Hopefully, this time next year it will be 1000 miles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Past 500 mile mark tonight for the year. Hopefully, this time next year it will be 2000 miles!

FYP ;)

menoscemo wrote: »
    FYP ;)

:eek:...that must be some plan you have lined up for us!! :)

In meno we trust...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

:eek:...that must be some plan you have lined up for us!! :)

In meno we trust...

Whos the teachers pet!!

tang1 wrote: »
    Whos the teachers pet!!

Just playing it smooth...then..BAM!! His PB is gone! ;)

Just playing it smooth...then..BAM!! His PB is gone! ;)

Thems fighting words!!

Thems fighting words!!

Nah, not quite in range yet, but I'll review in 6 months!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Deedee2012

Extremely frustrating evening, had a club session, hill repeats. I've been having ITB issues since DCM, my knee was not feeling the love for the downhill, halfway through session I threw in the towel and walked home. Felt like a quitter walking home even though I know it was pure stupid to run downhill with a dodgy knee. Did some foam rolling and strength stuff when I got home to try and work off some of the frustration. Going to take the rest of the week off, maybe just some cycling. I feel all my hard earned fitness slipping away. Feckin injuries!

Deedee2012 wrote: »
    Extremely frustrating evening, had a club session, hill repeats. I've been having ITB issues since DCM, my knee was not feeling the love for the downhill, halfway through session I threw in the towel and walked home. Felt like a quitter walking home even though I know it was pure stupid to run downhill with a dodgy knee. Did some foam rolling and strength stuff when I got home to try and work off some of the frustration. Going to take the rest of the week off, maybe just some cycling. I feel all my hard earned fitness slipping away. Feckin injuries!
    Sorry to hear that Dee :(

Easy to say I know but try not to despair. I'm sure your fitness isn't going to slip away that quickly :)

Think you did the smart thing in stopping, your far from a quitter Deedee, you dont want to aggravate the injury and be out of the game for a longer period than needs be. I was out 6 weeks or so with my foot and the fitness comes back quicker than you think. Look after the knee and you'll be back on the road in no time.

Nah, not quite in range yet, but I'll review in 6 months!:D

Well i bet you a pint you'll go sub 1.30 in Waterford Half at least. You dont you buy me a pint, you do i buy you a pint!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I feel your pain Deedee, my knee hasn't been quite right since DCM either. You're no quitter, you did the right thing. It would have been madness to carry on and risk serious injury for the sake of a club session.

When you think about it, it's only 3 weeks yesterday since the marathon, it's not surprising that we still have a few niggles.

I think it's a good call to take the week off and maybe do strength training instead. I only did one run last week and I have to say I feel the benefit this week of the extra rest.

So chin up there girlie and stop being so hard on yourself!

Well i bet you a pint you'll go sub 1.30 in Waterford Half at least. You dont you buy me a pint, you do i buy you a pint!!!
    Are you coming to Waterford?

Need to sort my 2013 race calendar so we can plan the venue!

Grand so, game on!cool.png

Although, they would go off and add hills to the route to make it more ''interesting" for us!:rolleyes:

Better stop eating this full packet of chocolate biscuits* so!

*career_move will love that one

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If it's ITB you may be better off swimming than cycling - when I was recovering from an ITB injury about a year and a half ago I found that the pedalling motion aggravated the injury slightly.

ncmc wrote: »

I went on a night out 2 days before the Cork city marathon relay, it was only 10 miles, but at the time it was the longest I'd run. I went out intending to have two or three drinks and an early night, I ended up having about 6 drinks and not getting home til 2:30! I was panicking that is blown it, but after a good nights sleep the next night I was fine.

Go out, have a good time, don't do the total dog and you'll be grand!

Sounds great but for one little hitch... I'm targeting an 85 minute pb. Can't believe I'm considering pulling a sickie on a free night out cos of a fricken race

• Advertisement

Need to sort my 2013 race calendar so we can plan the venue!

Grand so, game on!cool.png

Although, they would go off and add hills to the route to make it more ''interesting" for us!:rolleyes:

Better stop eating this full packet of chocolate biscuits* so!

*career_move will love that one
    Haha I'm not a bit jealous :p

You can join the detox though if you like!!!

Advertisement