Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2012 Graduates - the next step

Options
1183184185186187189»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hello and Happy New year all of you fantastic people. After finishing the DCM, I took a bit of a break from running but am back now. Had little motivation as I had no races planned but I now have some in mind.

First 9-miler in an age yesterday around Limerick in beautiful sunny conditions (no, really it was very warm).

Here are some of my goals (not including a stab at beating my 10KM PB).

1) Tralee Half Marathon
    Date: March 16th 2014
    Goal: Beat PB for HM (1:59:48)

2) Great Limerick Run
    Date: May 4th 2014
    Goal: Finish under 4:29:29

3) Dublin City Marathon
    Date: October 27th 2014
    Goal: Undecided.

I'll also do a few more HMs in and around the summer. I really enjoy that distance.
    Wrong thread dude :D The fantastic people are here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Wrong thread dude :D The fantastic people are here ;)

You've changed!

Gavlor wrote: »
    You've changed!
    FutureGuy is one of the DCM 2013 graduates ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

FutureGuy is one of the DCM 2013 graduates ;)

I know, but they are less fantastic than the 2012 crew :cool:

Gavlor wrote: »
    I know, but they are less fantastic than the 2012 crew :cool:
    Relax .... I'm only quoting his post :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Willie42

Belated happy new year to everyone - hope the new year is going well and injuries are behind everyone. Haven't been online for sometime now - haven't run for well over six weeks, had a stress fracture in foot so rested up and when tried to get back out ITBS came a knocking and I can't seem to shift it! Thought I was making progress with physio did a two mile run last Sunday and it was the furthest I got in two weeks before pain kicked in. Was to try 3 miles today and the niggling pain in knee was there almost immediately and by two miles the pain moved from under to side of knee and bang that was it for me. Painful mile walk home. I step forward three steps back - so frustrating - all tightness in glutes etc seem to be gone so physio thinks mri is next stage:(

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DOCO12

Willie42 wrote: »
    Belated happy new year to everyone - hope the new year is going well and injuries are behind everyone. Haven't been online for sometime now - haven't run for well over six weeks, had a stress fracture in foot so rested up and when tried to get back out ITBS came a knocking and I can't seem to shift it! Thought I was making progress with physio did a two mile run last Sunday and it was the furthest I got in two weeks before pain kicked in. Was to try 3 miles today and the niggling pain in knee was there almost immediately and by two miles the pain moved from under to side of knee and bang that was it for me. Painful mile walk home. I step forward three steps back - so frustrating - all tightness in glutes etc seem to be gone so physio thinks mri is next stage:(

Happy New Year Willie. Sorry to hear of your stress fracture and now itbs, poor thing. Anyways I know how you feel as regards itbs I couldn't get rid of it for over 3months last year. Spent so many days having to walk home from runs thinking the pain was finally gone. Tried absolutely everything and spent fortune on Physio, did all the exercises, dry needling etc. Do you foam roll? And if so what kind? I spent endless hours foam rolling on an actual foam one, to the point there was no more pain/tightness so I thought. Then I went to a local DIY shop and got some wavin pipe and switched to rolling on that, painful wasn't the word for it, couldn't believe how I felt the tightness using my new roller. I stuck with it and eventually was back running pain free. It's definitely worth a try I def think it's what's sorted me in the end. Also don't go cycling some articles online say it's fine too but I found it aggravated mine more. Best of luck with it anyhow and any other questions be sure to ask! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Willie42

Thanks Doco I have standard foam roller and to be honest it doesn't feel that bad to use so maybe need replacing - gym have started foam rolling class so might give it a go to make sure I'm doing it right. It's funny you should say that about the bike physio said it was ok so have been using bike crosstrainer and rowing machine and I don't think it helps. So frustrating at moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

DOCO12 wrote: »
    Then I went to a local DIY shop and got some wavin pipe and switched to rolling on that, painful wasn't the word for it

:eek::eek::eek: Rather you than me there anyway!

Advertisement