Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Yuck. Nights suck :D

The 5k is in Stoneyford. I had a look at what I think is the route and it looks like sightly uphill for the first half and slightly downhill for the second. Looks ok but its advertised as a 'fun run/walk' to raise funds for the local gaa so my expectations are low :D:D

Never knew they had a 5k next week, I'll be down home so will miss it. Done the 10k there this year. It is a bit undulating but what goes up must come down.

Could not fault the organisation of the 10k, so suspect it will be the same for the 5. They had some spread afterwards as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

blockic wrote: »
    Never knew they had a 5k next week, I'll be down home so will miss it. Done the 10k there this year. It is a bit undulating but what goes up must come down.

Could not fault the organisation of the 10k, so suspect it will be the same for the 5. They had some spread afterwards as well!
    Cool thanks :D

My resting heart rate is 47 this morning. Around DCM time it was 54 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

you are too rested, back out for a repeat of that session on this weeks plan;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

That's because you were sh*tting yourself about DCM ;)

Good stuff it is useful to keep an eye on that to make sure you are not overtraining, but since it is so low the day after that session we should be able to squeeze a good bit more mileage out of ya :D

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    That's because you were sh*tting yourself about DCM ;)

Good stuff it is useful to keep an eye on that to make sure you are not overtraining, but since it is so low the day after that session we should be able to squeeze a good bit more mileage out of ya :D
    emo64.gif Sorry did someone say something......

5.3 mi @ 9:08/mi

30 min yoga + 30 min core

13.3 mi @ 8:52/mi

It's so hot today and I didn't bring any water. That was stupid :rolleyes: I was dreaming of ice cold water for the last 6 miles.......and then when I got home there was no ice cubes :mad:

So I said I'd use the High 5 recovery sachet thingy I got in DCM goody bag emo65.gifIt was mank :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

It's so hot today and I didn't bring any water. That was stupid :rolleyes: I was dreaming of ice cold water for the last 6 miles.......and then when I got home there was no ice cubes :mad:

So I said I'd use the High 5 recovery sachet thingy I got in DCM goody bag emo65.gifIt was mank :D

Rookie! :-P

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Rookie! :-P
    Well they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Great running, is that the longest since DCM?

Great running, is that the longest since DCM?
    Thanks RK. Ya I guess it is. Well done yourself on your parkrun. 19:51 was a fantastic time with those underfoot conditions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Well they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :p

In that case I'll have to do something really stupid next time to test you.;)

5 mi @ 9:24/ mi

30 min yoga
    30 min core

Plan for next week

|Mon|Tue|Wed|Thur|Fri|Sat|Sun|
    |3 mile easy|3 mile easy with strides|5k race + 4m c/d|4m rec|5m easy|rest/cross|LSR (10-13 miles)

5 mi @ 9:25/mi

I was in two minds about running today. My left knee has been at me all week when I'm running. I can't remember was this the knee I injured a few years ago but whatever it was becoming a concern especially when it started annoying me in one of the yoga poses yesterday. So I wasn't going to run at all, then I said I'd do 3 but when I got going I had no knee pain emo49.gif so I did the 5. I'm very happy now :D:D:D

4mi @ 9:07

+ strides at the end (6x110) 28,25,24,24,24,22

Felt a bit of a twinge in my knee for the first of the strides but nothing after. Big relief. Actually quite enjoyed the strides and now am looking forward to my dinner. Nom nom emo60.gif

Time - 21:25

Splits - Km: 4:29, 4:56, 4:24, 3:59, 3:38

Av pace m/m - 6:56

I don't know if I'm happy with that. The rain was lashing down when I got there. Made me question my sanity! Thankfully it held off for the race though.

The first 2km were uphill all the way. I had changed the garmin to km and I was trying to keep at 4:05 pace. When I looked at the elevation profile before the race I didn't think it was going to be as steep as it was. Or as long. There was no respite at all. I got a really bad stitch after the first km and it was difficult enough to get rid of it without slowing too much. I was passed by a good few people at that stage. I was trying my best to take big deep breaths but I couldn't get rid of it till we started the downhill after 2km.

Once the stitch was gone I tried to push on a bit and I managed to pick up the pace a bit. Another little hill then downhill all the way to the finish. I passed a few people who had passed me earlier and I did a bit of a sprint to the finish line cause there was a guy on my shoulder pushing me on. Think I was the 5th or 6th woman home.

Definitely I ran a better race than the 5k I did on limerick racecourse (2min pb) but still I feel like ya its good but its not good enough. When I was driving home Larry Gogan was playing Take That.....Patience. How appropriate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

Time - 21:25

Splits - Km: 4:29, 4:56, 4:24, 3:59, 3:38

Av pace m/m - 6:56

I don't know if I'm happy with that. The rain was lashing down when I got there. Made me question my sanity! Thankfully it held off for the race though.

The first 2km were uphill all the way. I had changed the garmin to km and I was trying to keep at 4:05 pace. When I looked at the elevation profile before the race I didn't think it was going to be as steep as it was. Or as long. There was no respite at all. I got a really bad stitch after the first km and it was difficult enough to get rid of it without slowing too much. I was passed by a good few people at that stage. I was trying my best to take big deep breaths but I couldn't get rid of it till we started the downhill after 2km.

Once the stitch was gone I tried to push on a bit and I managed to pick up the pace a bit. Another little hill then downhill all the way to the finish. I passed a few people who had passed me earlier and I did a bit of a sprint to the finish line cause there was a guy on my shoulder pushing me on. Think I was the 5th or 6th woman home.

Definitely I ran a better race than the 5k I did on limerick racecourse (2min pb) but still I feel like ya its good but its not good enough. When I was driving home Larry Gogan was playing Take That.....Patience. How appropriate :D

Well done C_M. Great stuff altogether. Don't think of it not being good enough but rather another good step in the right direction.

Remember, its a journey. As you hit your goals, new ones are created, so technically you are always short of your targets, thats the name of the game. So far the journey looks good to me:).

Great going C_M. I ran a similarly hilly 5 mile race today and you just can't expect to be hitting goal times on hilly courses. That said the last 2km show there is loads of speed there.
    Why not try the 5k in Phoenix park on New years day? It is as flat as a pancake and starts at 1pm. I hear all the cool people are racing it :D I'd say you'll get close to 20 minutes round there.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Why not try the 5k in Phoenix park on New years day? It is as flat as a pancake and starts at 1pm. I hear all the cool people are racing it :D I'd say you'll get close to 20 minutes round there.....

What Meno said, all the cool people are doing it!!

• Advertisement

tang1 wrote: »
    What Meno said, all the cool people are doing it!!
    Well if all the :cool: cool :cool: people are doing it.....:D

Meno it says on runireland that it starts at 12 :P

Meno it says on runireland that it starts at 12 :P

Thanks for that, I would nearly have been missing the start of my second race in a month :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done on the race! That's a great PB! And the day after Christmas too... I struggled to get out of bed before midday today..oops.

9:05/mi

I got a notion last night that I wanted to do this today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Fair play to ya, well you paying a visit to the Big Smoke New Years Day?

tang1 wrote: »
    Fair play to ya, well you paying a visit to the Big Smoke New Years Day?
    Ya thats why I wanted to get it done so I can take it easy at the weekend:D

4.2 mi @ 9:27/mi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Fair play to you cm, you are absolutely flying!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭dazza21ie

Well done on the 5k PB CM. you will take another chunk out of that next time out

• Advertisement

Saturday:

Shopping - counts as cross training ;)

Sunday:

30 min yoga/core - have to stay in front of Ray in the winter strength challenge :)

Monday:

5.6 mi @ 8:55/mi

Advertisement