Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Yeeeeeeesssssssss :eek:

Well you can't give out about the fox then, ye both think it's finger licking good! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Well you can't give out about the fox then, ye both think it's finger licking good! :)
    Fair enough the one he took for his dinner but he could have left the others alone! 2 of them were still alive but so badly savaged we had to put them to sleep :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Fair enough the one he took for his dinner but he could have left the others alone! 2 of them were still alive but so badly savaged we had to put them to sleep :mad:

So the fact of the matter is that the fox killed 2 and you technically killed the other 2?

blockic wrote: »
    So the fact of the matter is that the fox killed 2 and you technically killed the other 2?
    You know what you can go and do with your technicalities.......:p

Excellent! ;)

• Advertisement

we had to put them to sleep :mad:

Did you chop their heads off or just bang them off of a rock? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭guinang

Jeez I hope you weren't emotionally attached to any of those hens CM. You've definitely come to wrong place for sympathy if you were.

guinang wrote: »
    Jeez I hope you weren't emotionally attached to any of those hens CM. You've definitely come to wrong place for sympathy if you were.

I have an emotional attachment to chicken, I'm not unsympathetic, the only difference is that my chicken comes in a bucket! :D

guinang wrote: »
    Actually I was. There was one with blue feathers used to follow me around the yard and lay her eggs in the horses stables :(
    Did you chop their heads off or just bang them off of a rock? :)
    The accepted way to kill a bird is to wring its neck :p
    I have an emotional attachment to chicken, I'm not unsympathetic, the only difference is that my chicken comes in a bucket! :D
    :rolleyes:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2013/jan/09/kfc-bad-publicity-brain-protester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

remember when we used to discuss 'running' here........them were the days.

CM's log is now the default chit-chat goto zone!

• Advertisement

remember when we used to discuss 'running' here........them were the days.

CM's log is now the default chit-chat goto zone!
    Running :confused: Here :confused: Hmmm.......an interesting concept!!!!

Unfortunately today is 'Black Friday' a.k.a. 'rest day' so although I would love to have a 15m lsr to report on
    just to p!ss Blockic off
    it is just not meant to be :(

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭dazza21ie

4 mi @ 9:26/mi

Had a busy day so just finished this now. Very dark and my head torch isn't that powerful but I had loads of reflective gear on. I got mauled by a dog.......this never happens on early morning runs :mad: An old english sheepdog - vicious b********s :mad:
    claralara wrote: »
    ..... Run was going grand until about 3 miles in when I had an incident with a granny, a poodle, an extendable lead, a lamppost and a kerb; all of which resulted in a high viz ball of crumpled runner on the side of the road. It happened so quickly – timing could not have been worse! I went to hop onto the cycle path to save myself but as luck would have it there was a bike passing at that exact moment. I didn’t really feel a thing because my legs were frozen so I hopped back up and kept on trucking. I got a couple of funny looks as I continued my journey home; the reason for which became very apparent when I got home and saw my bloody leg… a minor gash on the knee which had covered my sock and runner in blood and cost me cost me about 2 pints of what is liquid gold to my body!! Ha. I was a little worried as (of course!) it was my dodgy right leg/foot but it seemed ok. Doctor Digdig had a look to make sure there were no stones or anything and I walked away from my disaster with nothing more a plaster over a bloody knee and some scrapes and bruises on the hands and legs.....

10km/6.21mi in 62min

Did this on the treadmill cause it was so dark when I finished this evening. I usually hate the treadmill even when I'm going slowly but this was grand. On a sad note...it was a day of mourning here in Errill. Nasty Mr Fox came in last night and killed 4 of our hens. Well the 4th one was missing in action so presumably ended up as supper.... :mad:

Did the fox really kill the chickens or did you just make the whole thing up after you seen Claralara had a better dog story? :D

Actually I was. There was one with blue feathers used to follow me around the yard and lay her eggs in the horses stables :(

The accepted way to kill a bird is to wring its neck :p

:rolleyes:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2013/jan/09/kfc-bad-publicity-brain-protester

Yummy! :D

Well you can't give out about the fox then
    So you technically killed the other 2?
    Did you chop their heads off or just bang them off of a rock?
    remember when we used to discuss 'running' here........
    dazza21ie wrote: »
    Did the fox really kill the chickens or did you just make the whole thing up after you seen Claralara had a better dog story?
    What is it "pick on career_move" day????:mad:

What is it "pick on career_move" day????:mad:

Ah you have to expect it with the foxy loxy and chicken licken stories :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Unfortunately today is 'Black Friday' a.k.a. 'rest day

Wuss!! Set myself a challenge of running everyday in January in mid December. No competition now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

tang1 wrote: »
    Wuss!! Set myself a challenge of running everyday in January in mid December. No competition now!!

Jasis, Fair play to ya. I couldnt make a commitment like that. I needs me rest days!:)

Jasis, Fair play to ya. I couldnt make a commitment like that. I needs me rest days!:)

Ah its tame enough really, not doing any serious mileage, minimum of 2, max of 12.

You never told me!!!!! It kills me to take a rest day. If I'd known that I would have had the perfect excuse to run at least 3 junk miles..........thanks for nothing B :p

You never told me!!!!! It kills me to take a rest day. If I'd known that I would have had the perfect excuse to run at least 3 junk miles..........thanks for nothing B :p

I did, said it New Years Day at finish of 5km when you left your lung on my shoulder!! Figured you weren't really listening!!!

• Advertisement

I did, said it New Years Day at finish of 5km when you left your lung on my shoulder!! Figured you weren't really listening!!!
    Ah here :rolleyes: How could I listen to you when I hardly had enough energy to stand??

Your shoulder was much appreciated btw :D

15 mi @ 9:08/mi

Body was really in a 'Yay we're going running' mood this morning, running at 7:30 is the business :D:D:D

Body was really in a 'Yay we're going running' mood this morning, running at 7:30 is the business :D:D:D

You need a night out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Masochist!

:D;)

I had to drag my sorry a$$ out of bed at 8:30 for a 10am run :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Emer911 wrote: »

Masochist!

:D;)

I had to drag my sorry a$$ out of bed at 8:30 for a 10am run :o

There was me thinking 7.30 was your pace - I was thinking that's very fast for an LSR...

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    There was me thinking 7.30 was your pace - I was thinking that's very fast for an LSR...
    :eek: not in this lifetime :eek:
    I was just lazy this morning so I copied and pasted what Mr. Slow had written in his log and changed around a few words
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭banner_phoenix

You need a night out! :D

+1, Saturday running and 07:30 should not be in the same sentence :D

:eek: not in this lifetime :eek:

The way your improving 7.30 pace will be your LSR pace this time next year.

3.2mi @ 10:14/mi

Month|Wk|Miles|No Runs
    Jan|1|31.3|6
    Jan|2|45.0|6
    Total||76.3|12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭guinang

At this rate you'll have covered over 2k miles by the end of the year :eek:

To put that in some context you'll have could nearly run to costa del sol and back. Can't imagine that would interest you though cos it sounds too much like you'd have to rest a while there.

gobsh1te Disclaimer (similar to 'contents may be hot' on coffee cup): anyone intending to run to costa del sol armed with this information will need to possess the capability to walk/run on water

Advertisement