Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 4 ordering process

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Oh dear, order I made an hour ago has been cancelled just like everyone else's :(
    My brother has an English credit card but I'm not sure if it'll work with the parcel motel address? Might try that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

cancelled too

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

just got cancelled.
    First tried with irish account with NI PM address. got the uh oh message :(
    Then setup new account. Order pending then canceled.
    ah well,
    any other options?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Ordered at 6.38pm, still on pending, have billing and shipping address set to parcel motel NI, my downfall could be I made an app purchase 2 weeks back and that did have my irish address on it, we'll see by the morning....

How fast did they cancel people's orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Has anyone who bought today gone from Pending to anything else yet? Other than cancelled that is?
    Nope. With my nexus 10 I ordered at 11.00pm on the Wednesday, got an email saying it was dispatched at 8.00pm on Thursday and had it in my hand by 1.00pm on Friday.

Can't see happening any quicker than that this time. They did have the same 1-2 week lead time on order though.

* Based in UK so now cross border issues here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭smackyB

Cancelled as well here :( My new google account was suspended too. Tried editing the billing address on my main google account but get an error message every time I order. Damn it!

smackyB wrote: »
    Cancelled as well here :( My new google account was suspended too. Tried editing the billing address on my main google account but get an error message every time I order. Damn it!

Looks like they REALLY don't want Irish people buying this phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭fredotf2

Yep mine was cancelled too :/

If we could only find someone who has successfully bought this thing? Maybe he or she could send us a print screen of his/her order details (with sensitive details blurred out) and we could all figure out how to definitively get past this mess :s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

cancelled as well

among the details that they require they mention a statement or a bill with the same billing address so that pretty much rules out everyone who uses parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Canceled here too :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

also cc card is suspended now on wallet so cant assign back to normal gmail account.
    ah bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Pages

Mines not been cancelled yet.

Money was taken out of account.... Now i'm just waiting for the bloody cancellation email :(

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Pages wrote: »
    Mines not been cancelled yet.

Money was taken out of account.... Now i'm just waiting for the bloody cancellation email :(
    Likewise still pending on mine, did anyone who used an aib visa debit get cancelled? I was hoping I'd get lucky but there's probably so many orders it hasn't done whatever check it does on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

I ordered at 20:10 tonight, or a least that is when the confirmation email came in that I had made a purchase (living outside London). Is it really looking like 4 - 5 weeks for the 16Gb model?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gdon

fredotf2 wrote: »
    Yep mine was cancelled too :/

If we could only find someone who has successfully bought this thing? Maybe he or she could send us a print screen of his/her order details (with sensitive details blurred out) and we could all figure out how to definitively get past this mess :s

I initially did this trick with the first release of the N4 and N10 and it work fine.
    I just checked Google wallet and my N4 is pending. This is what happened before.
    Will let you know if I receive any cancellation .email. One thing you should check.
    Under transaction in Google wallet paid with and deliver too, I have NI parcel motel
    linked to pay with visa and deliver too is NI parcel motel.

What time did people make orders, mine was 17.10, did your order go through first time, as mine did.

One possibility is that they randomly check some of the orders and noticed the Irish credit card info.

I just noticed from one of the posts "updated credit card billing address with aib to the parcel motel address (this this on online banking)"

How many people that got the rejection email did this?

Note I never changed my credit card billing address, I kept it exactly same as what's in my Irish bank account accept I added it via google wallet (using uk vpn) as a UK credit card with a UK zip code.

This may have be the problem for failure.

I also went back and had a look at my previous successful order,
    I had my full Irish debit card info accept NI post code
    If I remember I choose shipping to NI address, so I had Irish details with NI shipping.

If you had NI parcel motel as your billing address for your credit card the order will fail as the
    credit card address check doesn't match.

The key here is to have a billing address as the real info on Irish credit
    AND
    The shipping address as parcel motel in NI

You can set up a second shipping address via Google wallet

You can set up the Irish credit card as a UK one by logging into Google play UK via UK VPN
    selecting something then add new card, add exactly as Irish card but use UK post code and UK phone number if asked. Then save. You can go back to Google wallet and select default delivery as parcel motel NI address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Ah, so it is in google wallet that people see the pending status. In that case mine is in pending still using a UK card and UK address.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gdon

harney wrote: »
    Ah, so it is in google wallet that people see the pending status. In that case mine is in pending still using a UK card and UK address.

Yes mine is pending also, From reading back I see that people received the cancel email 2hours or so after purchase, I purchased more than 8hrs ago and I have not got any cancellation email. Let's see what happened in the next day :=)

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

I got the order cancellation last night and my google wallet suspended until I send the ID and utility bill.
    I have no issue with that but they should have left my order pending until I sent in the details not canceled it.
    I was 1-2 week delivery now if I order it's 5-6 weeks....I couldn't be arsed.
    I won't be buying a nexus 4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

I set up a new UK Google account and I used UK address for cc and delivery but card has previously been used with my Irish account and used Irish phone number. Purchase was cancelled even though my bank told me they had approved the transaction. I'd guess a security alert was tripped so they're reviewing purchases with this address.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

I managed to get an order through yesterday at 5:06pm.I had originally added my visa cc with a uk post code to my main google account but one earlier poster made me a bit paranoid so I created a new google account while at work (goes through UK server) and set up a new google wallet as follows:
    Billing address with my Irish details, Parcel Motel zip code and bank's NI phone number (any random uk number should be fine). Shipping address is the full Parcel motel address.
    After clicking proceed and confirming address, the order page hung. I received a confirmation email and checked my wallet and the order had been processed. I've not received any cancellation email so fingers crossed there won't be a problem. I ordered in the 1-2 weeks shipping window, really hoping it arrives in 2 weeks as it is intended as a Christmas gift!

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

Ordered mine about 5.30, cancelled at 1.14am :(
    Mastercard, new UK google account, shipping address parcel motel and credit card address was mine with country UK and postcode for Parcel motel... I give up :(

markad1 wrote: »
    I got the order cancellation last night and my google wallet suspended until I send the ID and utility bill.
    I have no issue with that but they should have left my order pending until I sent in the details not canceled it.
    I was 1-2 week delivery now if I order it's 5-6 weeks....I couldn't be arsed.
    I won't be buying a nexus 4 now.

If you send in the details maybe they will re-activate your original order? Has anyone tried sending in photo id and a utility bill?

If you send in the details maybe they will re-activate your original order? Has anyone tried sending in photo id and a utility bill?

I'll send them in and let you know what happens.

edit....3-5 days to process the support request:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Mine is still pending. I used the same method as I used on Friday last to order a Nexus 10 (which I picked up this morning).My previous post on this thread has the exact steps I used.

I had plenty of hassle using an Irish AIB visa card trying to order and changing addresses and messing around with billing/shipping details when using an Irish credit card - only raised flags on their security system and having Google block the credit card. New google account, visa debit card, VPN and PMotel has worked once for me so far
    and fingers crossed will twice (unless they have ramped up their security checks this week). The N10 was more expensive than the N4 and current N4 order looks like it's following same steps as the succesful N10 order.

Gran Hermano best of luck fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Cancelled.
    Boourns!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

Mine is still pending. I had plenty of hassle using an Irish AIB visa card trying to order and changing addresses and messing around with billing/shipping details when using an Irish credit card - only raised flags on their security system and having Google block the credit card. New google account, visa debit card, VPN and PMotel has worked once for me so far and fingers crossed will twice.

In fairness the process is exactly the same whether you use a Debit or Credit card. You still need to enter a billing address and shipping address that will meet the requirements of the UK Play Store. I'd love to know the reasons why Google cancelled some orders and not others, I doubt it was a random audit selection so there must be one step that flags a security check.

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I suppose if so many people are using the same delivery address (Parcel Motel), then that is bound to trigger some sort of a fraud alert on Google's system. This could be the reason so many are getting their orders cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Pages

jester77 wrote: »
    I suppose if so many people are using the same delivery address (Parcel Motel), then that is bound to trigger some sort of a fraud alert on Google's system. This could be the reason so many are getting their orders cancelled.

I'm selfishly hoping this is whats flagging orders for cancellation since i used a relatives address.

Still no cancellation email , If i haven't got it by 5 today i'll presume i've survived the cull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Kinda glad I was too lazy to do all the tunnelbear and parcel motel steps now. :pac:

Advertisement