Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 4 ordering process

Options
  • 31-10-2012 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Would love to get the 16gb version. Does google play allow us folks in ireland to purchase from it? I already have the Nexus 7 and love it so trying to figure out how i can get my hands on it. I purchased to N7 in a shop however.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Beezkneez! wrote: »
    Does google play allow us folks in ireland to purchase from it?
    Not directly but will probably be like the Galaxy Nexus offering up different options. Alternatively Amazon.co.uk will most likely have it as well as other online stores elsewhere in Europe, there's a good german store but I can't remember the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

right, i only discovered this now by the help of some fellow boardsies.

for 349eu it looks like a deal of a century... release date 14 november? where would i be able to order this from so?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No more of this contract crap for me either, as soon as I'm finished being screwed by Meteor I'm getting a Nexus 4 and living high on the hog!
    And Apple can kiss my ass!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No more of this contract crap for me either, as soon as I'm finished being screwed by Meteor I'm getting a Nexus 4 and living high on the hog!
    And Apple can kiss my ass!

7-8 years i am in ireland, i never took a contract and trust me, i know how good it feels! :p 1 less bill at home too!
    When 3gs was new, i went to o2 and got prepay one for 549eu and still using it. yes, it can be a pain in a hole to pay it all at once, but its your phone and you can do what ever feck you want with it. plus i still dont use more then 20-30eu per month on credit and thats with data included.
    for 349eu this nexus 4 might be the best ever thing in smart phones, lets hope it does not suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

When my Galaxy S finally dies I think this will be the replacement. Amazing value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi Re the Google Nexus 4, I am thinking of getting one from a work-mate in US, I wont to pay directly for it
    Will it work on Irish networks

And payment, can i buy thru the Play store and pay with my irish Credit card (or my Neteller card)

If I change my ip address to a US one, will google play allow me to buy from Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭Nolimits

It will work in Ireland. You can't buy it from the play store even if you change your ip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

There is no micro SD card slot :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

PrzemoF wrote: »
    That's the only thing stopping me getting this phone. Why why why?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Not directly but will probably be like the Galaxy Nexus offering up different options. Alternatively Amazon.co.uk will most likely have it as well as other online stores elsewhere in Europe, there's a good german store but I can't remember the name.

I wonder though will you be able to get from other retailers at the same price as the google play store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Issac wrote: »
    That's the only thing stopping me getting this phone. Why why why?!

The same reason they don't include 32gb of internal storage as standard. To gently encourage you to use streaming services.

The current nexus lineup is being sold at cost. Getting people to switch to Google's streaming services & cloud storage is how they are going to profit from it.

The only manufacturers who are going to include microsd slots from now on are those without a vested interest in the play store.

Simi wrote: »
    The same reason they don't include 32gb of internal storage as standard. To gently encourage you to use streaming services.

The current nexus lineup is being sold at cost. Getting people to switch to Google's streaming services & cloud storage is how they are going to profit from it.

The only manufacturers who are going to include microsd slots from now on are those without a vested interest in the play store.

What storage do Google offer for files at the moment do you know? i.e. If I wanted to upload some music somewhere where would I do it and how do I stream it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

What storage do Google offer for files at the moment do you know? i.e. If I wanted to upload some music somewhere where would I do it and how do I stream it?

Google Drive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

PrzemoF wrote: »
    I really wish people would stop complaining about there being no micro SD card slot. If you have a problem with it then don't buy the phone. Google have said publicly twice why the Nexus line will not include SD cards.
    I wonder though will you be able to get from other retailers at the same price as the google play store?
    All depends who it is, some may even have it cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭long_b

draffodx wrote: »
    Google Music launching on November 13

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

It would be sweet if you can get one from US one way or other. 16 gb would $349 ~ €270.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

In the description of the nexus 4 on the play store it says that with it you get the space for up to 20,000 tracks which can be streamed to your device from google play.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

positron wrote: »
    It would be sweet if you can get one from US one way or other. 16 gb would $349 ~ €270.
    Add sales tax to that

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

shizz wrote: »
    In the description of the nexus 4 on the play store it says that with it you get the space for up to 20,000 tracks which can be streamed to your device from google play.
    That's Google music. It's free. Just sign up using a proxy

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mohananv

If you are really desperate, you could always use a mail forwarding service like http://www.usabox.com/. Thats what I used when they first announced the Nexus One.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

I hear the Play Hardware Store will be available to Ireland some time in November, might not be true though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Might get my relation over in the states to order one for me...hmmm...one hell of a phone for 270ish

Add sales tax to that

Exactly but it's still cheaper than Europe. For example say you are purchasing the 16GB version in New York then it works out about $380 (€293.15)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

This phone seems to be as well featured as the Galaxy S III?

MarkR wrote: »
    This phone seems to be as well featured as the Galaxy S III?

on a paper it is better then S3, and almost twice cheaper. I just really hope, they wont drop a ball on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Google Music came pre-installed on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus and worked out of the box.
    This will probably be the same for the Nexus 4, just watch out if you have a low 3G data package.
    long_b wrote: »
    Google Music launching on November 13

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Google Music service was not available in Europe. The app is on the phone but the streaming and music manager are not available unless of course you went the USA IP option and installed from google play.
    Whic ive done with my SGN

so its still out on 14th and still no info where we will be able to get it from this island?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

so its still out on 14th and still no info where we will be able to get it from this island?

Sure what else is new, there is no point even going into the shops because they'll have no idea there is a new phone. Your best bet is to try their twitter.

I like the phone but i won't be getting it as i dont see the point in upgrading from the Galaxy Nexus. Unless somebody knows something i dont.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Sure what else is new, there is no point even going into the shops because they'll have no idea there is a new phone. Your best bet is to try their twitter.

I like the phone but i won't be getting it as i dont see the point in upgrading from the Galaxy Nexus. Unless somebody knows something i dont.

Despite my GNex having an unmerciful crack through the screen, I think I will be holding off on this one too. My current phone contract expires in May and will probably switch from Billpay to prepay and look at the Nexus 5 this time next year. Should be able to save approx €220 from switching out of contract between May and November. Almost the price of a new phone.

Plus, I am getting myself one of the Nexus 10 tablets as soon as possible.

Advertisement