Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 4 ordering process

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

markad1 wrote: »
    I'll send them in and let you know what happens.

edit....3-5 days to process the support request:(

I've done the same now but my bank statement clearly doesn't match the parcel motel address so I'm probably wasting my time?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭alanucc

Still surviving here with no cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Me too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭user1842

Im still hanging in there thank God. Ordered mine at 10pm last night with a VPN UK new google account, AIB VISA debit and all addresses Parcel Motel.

Google really should sell this to the Irish market, I know we are small but they have their headquarters here, if only from a purely optics point of view.

The processing address on my order is "Google Commerce Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland" for god sake

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

for anyone that still is hanging in there are you all paying by Visa Debit? Wondering if it's something to do with the method of payment because all other details seem to be the same for people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

user1842 wrote: »
    Im still hanging in there thank God. Ordered mine at 10pm last night with a VPN UK new google account, AIB VISA debit and all addresses Parcel Motel.

Google really should sell this to the Irish market, I know we are small but they have there headquarters here, if only from a purely optics point of view.

The processing address on my order is "Google Commerce Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland" for god sake
    dec2000 wrote: »
    for anyone that still is hanging in there are you all paying by Visa Debit? Wondering if it's something to do with the method of payment because all other details seem to be the same for people

Yep aib visa debit, exact steps as user1842 above, I ordered mine at 6.30pm. From reading over the last few pages seems that a fair few that got cancelled were mastercards?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭alanucc

Ulster Bank visa debit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Interesting .... I'm also Ulsterbank Visa debit

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gdon

Interesting .... I'm also Ulsterbank Visa debit

Permanent TSB visa debit

Worked fine my first time round and my second order hasn't been canceled yet
    19hrs and counting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

gdon wrote: »
    Permanent TSB visa debit

Worked fine my first time round and my second order hasn't been canceled yet
    19hrs and counting.

AIB visa debit here and likewise it worked fine with an order on the UK play store last week. I believe AIB handle the back-office on the Permanent TSB cards and I'd expect both cards to work the same.

My order from yesterday is is still pending. (looks to be taking the same steps as last succesful order).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭mel123

has anyone ordered one today, whats the expected delivery time now??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

5-6 weeks apparently

For anyone who has had their order cancelled and used a visa debit card have you had your money refunded yet? I haven't?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

BOI visadebit ordered at midnight last night and not cancelled yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭chabsey

Bugger, ordered one but forgot to untick the 'link to me gmail account'. Hopefully I can delink it easily enough. Also no idea if the order will get cancelled, which makes Christmas excellent for everyone. Ah well, I can always sell it for cost if it arrives in mid Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Not a person

Tried ordering again. Used the same card but different google account.

Only this time used irish credit card billing address with uk postcode.

Order is pending.. 90% expect it to be cancelled though.

I see the 8gb version has sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

Tried ordering again. Used the same card but different google account.

Only this time used irish credit card billing address with uk postcode.

Order is pending.. 90% expect it to be cancelled though.

I see the 8gb version has sold out.

Was thinking of doing similar as well - not sure if it's worth all the effort though... seems anyone successful was using debit cards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭mel123

Just a bit of info, they have started shipping them out in the USA, considering they are over a week earlier than what they estimated it to be, it might be good news for some

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

mel123 wrote: »
    Just a bit of info, they have started shipping them out in the USA, considering they are over a week earlier than what they estimated it to be, it might be good news for some

Very good news, was nearly giving up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

For anyone who has had their order cancelled and used a visa debit card have you had your money refunded yet? I haven't?

No Al, I still haven't been refunded either :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Not a person

Order cancelled again. ah well not meant to be

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭fredotf2

Am I right in saying most of people's orders which have been cancelled were using an irish credit card? It seems that most people who are using debit cards are ordering easily. There must be a different process with how they check credit card billing information or something. Just something I noticed.

fredotf2 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying most of people's orders which have been cancelled were using an irish credit card? It seems that most people who are using debit cards are ordering easily. There must be a different process with how they check credit card billing information or something. Just something I noticed.

It seems like that as some one else on nexus 4 10 forum reported that only when he switched from using an Irish visa credit card to an Irish visa debit card that the process worked.

What status are peoples orders at? Mine is not at "Pending", its at a status of "Pre-ordered"

What status are peoples orders at? Mine is not at "Pending", its at a status of "Pre-ordered"
    Was yours ever at pending? I ordered a few hours before you and mines at pending.

CSSE09 wrote: »
    Was yours ever at pending? I ordered a few hours before you and mines at pending.

I don't think mine was ever at pending but im not sure. Crap not a good sign. Money is gone from my account anyway.

fredotf2 wrote: »

My order was cancelled using a BOI visa debit card. If you go back a few pages you'll see people saying that the same happened to them with various different visa debit cards so I don't think it's down to the type of card?

I think everyone is trying to make sense of the cancelled orders but it might just be someone sitting at a desk scanning through orders and cancelling any that look dodgy?

I don't think mine was ever at pending but im not sure. Crap not a good sign. Money is gone from my account anyway.

Actually I think after I ordered I checked and mine said pre order, went to pending later, money was taken from mine as well. I wouldn't worry about it, if you ordered later on at night it's probably backlogged in the queue.
    My order was cancelled using a BOI visa debit card. If you go back a few pages you'll see people saying that the same happened to them with various different visa debit cards so I don't think it's down to the type of card?

I think everyone is trying to make sense of the cancelled orders but it might just be someone sitting at a desk scanning through orders and cancelling any that look dodgy?

Did you have your billing address set as parcel motel as well?

Hmm mines at pending

Pending
    UK£288.99
    Dec 4
    Google Commerce Ltd - Nexus 4 (16GB)
    Online purchase

• Advertisement

gdon wrote: »
    Hmm mines at pending

Pending
    UK£288.99
    Dec 4
    Google Commerce Ltd - Nexus 4 (16GB)
    Online purchase

I got it figured out. It's at a "Pre-ordered" status on the Google Play webpage. When you click "Info" on that page it brings you to the Google Wallet webpage and then click "Transactions" its has a status of "Pending"

Advertisement