Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 4 ordering process

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Mate in work ordered two of them - one for me and one for him and his has arrived... but not mine yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

did the stock for these normalised?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭smackyB

There's now an app for checking N4 stock, just needs push notifications and it'd be perfect :Dhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.lorthirk.NexusChecker

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Going on sale in Canada later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 darrenkenny

I believe that was yesterday (Dec 3), and it's looking like it's out of stock there already...

I wonder when we'll see anything this side of the Atlantic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Going back on sale here at 5pm local time

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

jester77 wrote: »
    Going back on sale here at 5pm local time

Where is HERE?

Just got an email from Google, 5pm for UK restock!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

smackyB wrote: »
    Just got an email from Google, 5pm for UK restock!

lol, its going to be bedlam!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

AH!
    I need to be somewhere for 5ish....

It's near home, I could swing it.

That said, if someone accidentlys an extra 16GB version, do let me know before cancelling it. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

lol, its going to be bedlam!

Understatement :)

For anyone considering getting one, I have mine since the middle of last week and it is the most amazing piece of hardware. Everyone who I've shown it to says the same.
    I was worried about dropping it as it is slippy but I got my bumper today...eventually and its definitely a must. It makes the phone feel slightly bigger but it feels solid to hold and actually feels like a premium bumper if there ever was such a thing.

I'm getting approx 2 days per charge at the moment. Its currently at 37% with 1d 14h 15m 20s on battery. Good going for a new battery with only a few cycles. As good as my HTC one X on AR10 rom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Purchases are limited to 1 per person this time so that makes things easier

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I looked in a few times to the German play store, no server issues and it is still on sale 20 mins after it started. Shipping time has moved from 1-2 weeks to 4-5 weeks in this time.

It seems like they sorted out the issues that were there from the initial release, so it looks good for anyone looking to get it from the UK store later.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Was checking the german store here http://www.4proxy.de/index.php?q=aHR0cHM6Ly9wbGF5Lmdvb2dsZS5jb20vc3RvcmUvZGV2aWNlcy9kZXRhaWxzP2lkPW5leHVzXzRfMTZnYg%3D%3D and the 16gb was at 1-2 weeks availability for a good 15mins, only just gone up to 4-5 weeks. 8gb was always 4-5 weeks but look promising for us that the UK store will at least have some 16gb's available for 1-2 week delivery!

*** copy and paste the link above, doesn't like being linked directly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Good luck this evening folks :)

Anyone know how long they take to arrive after being shipped in the US? Got one at the '2-3 weeks' shipping phase, which places the date at about the 18th. Last day possible to receive it is the 21st I think. A bit too fine for my liking :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

A minute past five, and it still says 'SOLD OUT'?! Not sure what's happening...!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

positron wrote: »
    A minute past five, and it still says 'SOLD OUT'?! Not sure what's happening...!
    not any more..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Reckon more likely it didnt go back into stock than sold out in 1 minute.

I managed to place an order at 5.05pm - was sold out until then - now I'm seeing 'Limit reached' - so guess it was 1 per person too...

Still in the 'pending' state though, but hopefully it'll go through.

In basket and checked out1

If you log in to Google Wallet you can check and see your order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭big_show

keeps appearing and disappearing, mate eventually got it in his cart and bought using the parcel motel trick from previous posts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

Cr*p - credit card declined, trying to use Irish credit card. Any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Keep getting the following after hitting "Proceed" on checkout
    Uh oh. There was a problem.

We couldn't start your purchase because of a technical issue.

Details of the problem below:
    Sorry, we were unable to process this request. Any charge will be automatically cancelled within 24 hours. Please try again after 24 hours.

positron wrote: »
    Cr*p - credit card declined, trying to use Irish credit card. Any way around this?

try an irish visa debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

In basket and checked out1

If you log in to Google Wallet you can check and see your order.

Never thought of that! Google Wallet says its pending. Actually it says
    Your order has been sent to Google Commerce Ltd.

Is this the normal status?

The laugh of it all if course is that when we order via the UK I see that it's purchased from, and I quote:

Google Commerce Ltd
    Gordon House, Barrow Street
    Dublin 4
    GB

Why oh why can't we just purchase directly in Ireland!! Would be so much simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

I just got one to parcelmotel with irish ebs master debit card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Sorry, we were unable to process this request. The order has been automatically cancelled and you will not be charged for the purchase. Please try again later.

i am getting this error unfortunately with a boi mastercard cc

Took a lot of refreshing before the purchase button appeared and then a lot more refreshing on the checkout page but finally got one ordered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Keep getting the following after hitting "Proceed" on checkout
    Getting the same with an AIB Visa Debit

Advertisement