Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 4 ordering process

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

I tried Tesco Visa CC first, and then an Ulsterbank Visa Debit and then I got this. I should really thank them for NOT letting me spend my hard earned quids... right?! :D

"Sorry, we were unable to process this request. Any charge will be automatically cancelled within 24 hours. Please try again after 24 hours."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

woop, ordered (i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

positron wrote: »
    I tried Tesco Visa CC first, and then an Ulsterbank Visa Debit and then I got this. I should really thank them for NOT letting me spend my hard earned quids... right?! :D

"Sorry, we were unable to process this request. Any charge will be automatically cancelled within 24 hours. Please try again after 24 hours."

Are you sure it didn't go through? Check your Google Wallet. I was getting the same because it had already gone through without me realising

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭smackyB

positron wrote: »

Check your Google Wallet as the order may have gone through. I got that message when I attempted to purchase a second one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

Just checked - there's a line under "Pending" and it says "Declined". Nothing under "Completed" section.

I guess attempting the Irish Visa CC set off alarm bells in Google compooter thingees.

Actually it says this:
    An attempt to charge £288.99 to VISA xxx-6620 failed. You must update your payment information within 7 days or your order will be cancelled.

Aargh Google, why are you doing this to me - right, I will spend 10 more minutes on this. And that's it then.

PS: My Ulster Bank visa account is like 10 euro short of what Google is trying to charge. What's the quickest way to get some money into that account - I have already transfered some funds into it earlier today from NIB using online banking, but not sure how quickly it will get there.

PPS: Google is giving me 7 days - so it should be alright then, I hope...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭fredotf2

For guys using an Irish cc. Make sure you have put the parcel motel postcode in the postcode box in your billing information and it should go through. Thats how I did it and my order is pending at least

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

what number are you adding? I'm trying to add a random number from the Parcel Motel postcode but it keeps saying Invalid area code?

Edit: just put the irish number in there but still get the UhOh message :( Only have a Mastercard so can only assume that's the issue ... giving up cause it's now gone to 4-5 weeks delivery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 medelina

+1 on the technical issue. Anyone know if this is a credit card issue or really a technical issue
    Keep getting the following after hitting "Proceed" on checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭AidanBoland

how do you get onto the UK play store. every time i click into it it says not available in your country yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭smackyB

how do you get onto the UK play store. every time i click into it it says not available in your country yet?

You need to use a UK VPN or proxy. Tunnelbear is a good solution.

The only other thing I did was use a brand new Google account created when I was on the UK VPN and setup my Visa Debit card on that. Dunno if that would make any difference for you guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Not a person

Think i managed to get an order through.

Had to set up new gmail and wallet account.

But got it at the 4-5 weeks stage not 1 - 2 weeks!!

Remains to be seen if itll happen coz card could still be declined..

So has everyone who ordered used the Visa Debit card? anyone have it working with a Mastercard?

dec2000 wrote: »
    So has everyone who ordered used the Visa Debit card? anyone have it working with a Mastercard?

I ordered with BOI Mastercard.

Rang BOI a few mins ago because I got paranoid it would be declined and the lady on the phone said they had already approved it.

No update on Google Wallet yet but I assume it's all good at this stage.

I ordered with BOI Mastercard.

Rang BOI a few mins ago because I got paranoid it would be declined and the lady on the phone said they had already approved it.

No update on Google Wallet yet but I assume it's all good at this stage.

Just got it ... I think...had to set up a new Gmail account...location UK, added the Mastercard with all my address details but with the postcode and country in UK. added parcel as the shipping address, it's showing as pending now on my wallet account...

Edit: In my rush, I left Link this device to my google account - hope I can remove that when I receive it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Got one!
    4 to 5 weeks though :(

I assume we won't be charged until it ships, yeah?

EDIT: Just realised I've been charged already! Kinda shítty :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

"Uh oh. There was a problem.

We couldn't complete your purchase because of a technical issue.

Details of the problem below:

Sorry, we were unable to process this request. The order has been automatically cancelled and you will not be charged for the purchase. Please try again later."

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Nedved85 wrote: »

We couldn't complete your purchase because of a technical issue.

Details of the problem below:

Sorry, we were unable to process this request. The order has been automatically cancelled and you will not be charged for the purchase. Please try again later."

:(

Yep same here

dec2000 wrote: »
    Just got it ... I think...had to set up a new Gmail account...location UK, added the Mastercard with all my address details but with the postcode and country in UK. added parcel as the shipping address, it's showing as pending now on my wallet account...

Edit: In my rush, I left Link this device to my google account - hope I can remove that when I receive it...

Same here. Fingers crossed

try creating a new gmail account via the proxy, will be all UK details then - this just worked for me

Yep same here

You need a new google wallet account based in uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Anyone want to buy me one? Will pay €50 for your trouble along with the price of the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Do you guys think it will really take 4-5 weeks to ship? I'm hovering over the order button now but I would really like it for christmas.

Is there stock of these in UK B&M stores? Got someone going over in a week or 2 who could pick 1 up.

medelina wrote: »

You need a new google wallet account based in uk

Have ppl not already said they successfully purchased using an irish visa debit card but set up with the NI parcel motel address?

Have ppl not already said they successfully purchased using an irish visa debit card but set up with the NI parcel motel address?

I had a new Google Account set up for it. Not sure if it was needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

We couldn't start your purchase because of a technical issue."

Have to go out for a couple of hours now, probably be 8+ weeks when I get home :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Loligator

How is everyone buying these?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Anyone want to buy me one? Will pay €50 for your trouble along with the price of the phone.

There's a limit. It says I can't buy any more after buying one.
    Loligator wrote: »
    How is everyone buying these?

UK VPN with parcel motel?

I used my old Irish email account, with my irish visa debit, parcel motels address, and a random UK phone number. Got mine ordered without a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Loligator

I used my old Irish email account, with my irish visa debit, parcel motels address, and a random UK phone number. Got mine ordered without a problem.

I'm given to understand Parcel Motel is a collection based thing, yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Loligator wrote: »
    I'm given to understand Parcel Motel is a collection based thing, yeah?

Yeah. They have a facility up North, with a UK address. So they get it in there and take it down to one of their lockers down South, in my case in town where I just pick it up.

Advertisement